Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Hotel Breaks

• 18-03-2010 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jimbobwalton2

Just spotted that Lidl are now doing hotel breaks...
    www.lidl-breaks.ie
    €49 euro pp per night dinner bed and breakfast in 3 to 5 star hotels..lloks like weekends and weekdays included...

(formerly jimbobwalton..)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Great deal, just booked a night away for €98, Dinner & breakfast included.

Ta op.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Interesting, although there's far better deals out there. There's loads of hotels offering €99 for 3 nights and a dinner per person.

Wasn't any better 1 night deals out there that I could see in the area I wanted.

Is that €99 for 3 nights accom + 1 dinner? Details pls, could be the next mini-trip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Oracle wrote: »
    Interesting, although there's far better deals out there. There's loads of hotels offering €99 for 3 nights and a dinner per person.
    Oh yeah, where be them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Oracle wrote: »
    There's loads of hotels offering €99 for 3 nights and a dinner per person.

Works out at 66 a night for two.
    I would be very surprised if they are above a one star hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

anyone find any five stars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

adamski8 wrote: »
    anyone find any five stars?

No, four star at most.
    But to be fair I only checked the counties i was interested in visiting.

one of the 5 stars is druids glen.

Only available for a few nights though.

Got to site map for full list of hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Thanks for that just booked the Castle Dargan in sligo for 2 nights for our wedding anniversary! Dont know what its like but it looks ok! Great deal.

I noticed that a lot were going fast too!

• Advertisement

We booked a 4*, never been before but looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

booked atlantic coast hotel in westport for 98 euro. 1 night b&b and 2 course meal for 2 people. nice one op.

Had an excellent night here at Meadowlands, Tralee. Food was superb, hotel very good. Price, excellent.

Dinner would have been €60 alone (€5 supplement for what we wanted), still breakfast to take.

Excellent find OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

ch750536 wrote: »
    Had an excellent night here at Meadowlands, Tralee. Food was superb, hotel very good

Thanks for the rec.
    Just booked same for late april :D

Thanks too OP !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pebblesob

Anyone know dates Druids Glen is available? Do you have to keep trying dates or can you get list of available ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭coleen

pebblesob wrote: »
    Anyone know dates Druids Glen is available? Do you have to keep trying dates or can you get list of available ones?

I checked it yesterday and it was available on 2 sunday nights in April 11th and 18th you have to check each day seperatly as far as I can see

keving wrote: »
    Thanks for the rec.
    Just booked same for late april :D

Thanks too OP !

Eat in the restaurant rather than the bar, is a €5 supplement for steak. 2 courses inc.

We were upgraded to an exec room without asking, which was nice. Free wifi.
    3 rounds of drinks with meal, 3 courses, 2 supplement meals, accom, breakfast, 4 drinks at the bar, bill came to €144.

Bar is excellent, not stuffy, more like a local. Had a band on too.

Asked for coffee to take back to the room, no charge.

Really impressed to be honest. Not a Carlton, little tatty in places but quite personal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pebblesob

Thanks Coleen!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭rom

gonker wrote: »
    Thanks for that just booked the Castle Dargan in sligo for 2 nights for our wedding anniversary! Dont know what its like but it looks ok! Great deal.

Its in the middle of nowhere but its a great hotel and the food is great.

We paid 110 for dinner plus wine there about 15 months ago and it was worth it. Stayed there 3 nights. only flaw is that you can't get any food after 9:30/10 not even peanuts snacks etc, was starving after a feed of drink. Other than that its a really nice place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

rom wrote: »
    only flaw is that you can't get any food after 9:30/10 not even peanuts snacks etc, was starving after a feed of drink. Other than that its a really nice place.

From my experience of places like this, you must find and "look after" the night porter.

• Advertisement

rom wrote: »
    Its in the middle of nowhere but its a great hotel and the food is great.

We paid 110 for dinner plus wine there about 15 months ago and it was worth it. Stayed there 3 nights. only flaw is that you can't get any food after 9:30/10 not even peanuts snacks etc, was starving after a feed of drink. Other than that its a really nice place.

Thanks Rom, I will bring a feed with me for the room so:D. Friends are coming with us now so it should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

Failed to find a good hotel with an available family room for the easter weekend, think I may have left it too late to look!

Advertisement