Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone heard of britishfairtraders?

• 11-01-2010 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping someone can help, my friend sent money to www.britishfairtraders.co.uk an escrow company, the website is now down and my friend is getting very worried. The person that he is buying some machinery from recommended the escrow company. I'm not having much luck tracking them down and would welcome any help, thanks.

Sorry, I should have posted this in consumer issues.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

Not looking good:

Domain name:
    britishfairtraders.co.uk

Registrant:
    Jeremy Kreimer

Registrant type:
    Non-UK Individual

Registrant's address:
    3283 Bridgewalk Lane
    TN
    Sweden

Registrar:
    eNom, Inc. [Tag = ENOM]
    URL: http://www.enom.com

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 03-Sep-2009
    Renewal date: 03-Sep-2011

Registration status:
    Registered until renewal date.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

Thanks, is this Jeremy guy the website owner?

The domain is registered in his name, so he is probably the owner.

When I google the address it's coming up as Memphis Tennessee, definitely not looking good now.
    Has anyone here had any dealings with them? They seem to have been recommended on gumtree so maybe someone has.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 dabear

yeah was trying to buy a motorbike in the uk the seller recomended this site i registered and the a few days later and said they wanted to re register at britishfreshtraders said website was eperiencing technical diffulcties am not sure now after hearing about tour friend please keep noticed

dabear wrote: »
    yeah was trying to buy a motorbike in the uk the seller recomended this site i registered and the a few days later and said they wanted to re register at britishfreshtraders said website was eperiencing technical diffulcties am not sure now after hearing about tour friend please keep noticed
    got an email from the seller today he says they are up and running again on a more secure server at www.britishfairdeals.com will someone one with more computer knowledge than mine please have a look and check it out

Thanks Dabear, have let my friend know that it's back up, will let you know what the result is.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I have to ask why did your friend send money to them?

The company was recommended to him by the seller. He initiated the deal through donedeal. Have to say that it looks kosher to me, having just seen the website for the first time.

• Advertisement

yeah it looks the real deal maybe we are just being too cautious but thats no harm they aresupposed to be able to track the shipping of the product online all the time so if he logs in he should be able to do that what was the name of the seller

It definitely gets the thumbs down from me. Very suspicious.

The domain name was only registered last week and is registered in the US. I would not thouch them with a barge pole.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

randomer wrote: »
    It definitely gets the thumbs down from me. Very suspicious.

The domain name was only registered last week and is registered in the US. I would not thouch them with a barge pole.

I'd agree, its all abit too iffy alright.

It could be fine but best not take the chance I think

• Registered Users Posts: 23 gadgetman101

well i went to the new sight and tryed to enter my username and password and guess what nothing wont have it.

well i went to the new sight and tryed to enter my username and password and guess what nothing wont have it.
    try re registering on the new site but input everything the same way as you did originally and see will it bring up your transaction keep us posted

Does anyone posting in this thread have any links to the website?

randomer wrote: »
    Does anyone posting in this thread have any links to the website?
    This is it here. http://www.britishfairdeals.com/

Sorry, I meant is anyone associated with the site.

the new site is www.britishfairdeals.com as i said my computer knowledge is very limited i hope this helps

This is a quote from the website:
    British Secure Internet Deals is registered to the Companies House under the legal name of "AUCTIONSHOUSE ANTONY'S KOELN LIMITED" and can be searched on the Companies House website either by its legal name or by the unique registration number: 4987463

You can find bellow one scanned copy of the certificate of incorporation issued by the companies house in Birmingham 12th August 2003.

I did search the british companies house and the company was dissolved on the 18/08/2009 (http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/cc7722527bd2d01d33fdda48e1e9c0b1/compdetails). The domain name was only registered on the 7th January 2010.

Also, I googled the telephone number on the website:

British Secure Internet Deals
    Address: 1st Iron Street, Newcastle, Gosforth
    NE3 1HU,
    United Kingdom
    Phone: (+44) 08432899463
    Fax: (+44) 08702350238

The same phone number is used by this company (http://www.britishfinestgarage.com/contact.php):

BRITISH CENTRAL GARAGE
    Crawley Road, Faygate
    West Sussex, RH12 4SE
    United Kingdom
    Phone: (+44)08432899463;
    Fax: (+44)08702350238

The company name also shows up on this fraud website: http://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=36322

It is a scam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread moved to Online Buying & Auctions

dudara

[thanks randomer i think you have saved me 3 grand

Well done debear its caust me €3250.00 and i have been on to the newcastle polece they are gaving it a look where it goes from there is anyons guess. and i could do with the money back now.

keep the faith can you do anything through the bank that you have transferred the funds through what was the guys user id he used in emails the fella i was dealing with couldn't answer the phone to me cos he was very busy thats what got me suspicious

Oh i check with our and i mean OUR frendly Allied irish Bank and got told F----Off basicly 1 pimpply boy went and checked with his supervisor and came back and said (im sorry we sent the money as requested and it arrived thank you good by) so no hope there. it was transfered to a Barcleys bank in Edgeware in Middlesex i got in touch with the bank but they wont reveal any datel to me only to the police so i contacted Middlesex police and im still waiting on a response.

i tried to contact the seller to see if he was anyway straight and no answer to emails or phone calls thank god i had the sense (and i don't have much of it) to google the compamy first and the good fortune to check boards.ie

well done i hope it was you he put the sight up again for and no one else

dabear mate woud you be kind enough to keep this fellow on a string as we say i have the police in Newcastle looking at it and the longer he is there the better for them thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ligusz

dabear mate woud you be kind enough to keep this fellow on a string as we say i have the police in Newcastle looking at it and the longer he is there the better for them thanks.

Hi guys, could you please keep me updated on this too as I have done transfer to their account and I do not know how I can get my money back. I tried by the AIB but they said they are not sure..,
    thx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

ligusz wrote: »
    Hi guys, could you please keep me updated on this too as I have done transfer to their account and I do not know how I can get my money back. I tried by the AIB but they said they are not sure..,
    thx

You can't get your money back. It's not going to be possible, unless you find out who he is, and take a civil court case against him.

You've done the online equivalent of giving money to a guy you met on the street who's selling dodgy gear out of the back of a van. Just because he uses a bank account, does not lend credibility to what he's doing.

Advertisement