Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

Some mother's son?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Galwaymother

Is that for me?
    Thanks but no, it's really a 'classroom' film, all about this teacher and I think a single-class group of children of different ages. I seem to remember they got stuck in the classroom because of a snow storm...
    I do think it's a Scandinavian film. The role of the teacher was played by a dark-haired fellow. So specific, hey? :rolleyes:
    I've been looking for this film for ten years or more, so here's a puzzle for you experts!

• Great thread!
    I'm looking for the name of a (maybe black-and-white) movie from the 60s or 70s (could be much older though) about an inspiring male teacher in a isolated school, in a rural - cold- area. Might have been from Northern Europe. I watched it in France subtitled as a child, so don't remember much, but it gave me my vocation!
    Anyone?
    Could it be "När kärleken kom till byn" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042799/

• I need some help proving my mother is not batshít insane.

She swears she seen a trailer for a film this week (could be cinema/dvd/tv trailer so don't know how new/old the film is) that had a young boy looking at a book - she says he was around 10 years old, maybe younger. Then you see him sitting down up really high, like on a crane or on some scaffolding or something, and many people below are looking at him. There's something about the time, and a black man says something about him having the key to the universe or something along those lines.

No idea, she's probably mad. She's been varnishing doors around the house this week, I'm sure its the fumes but is there any chance she's not raving? Any ideas?
    That sounds a bit like Hugo. It has a young boy you keeps the clocks working, including one hanging from the ceiling, which he climbs into. He has a notebook that he uses to fix a robot and he also needs to find a heart shaped key to start it.

Journee Teeny Macaw: "Could it be "När kärleken kom till byn" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042799/"
    Could be, but it's hard to know, because I can't find anything on Youtube with that title, and the portraits I googled of the main actor don't look like my memory of the main actor.
    I think it was called simply "Le professeur' in the translation of the title!

• Advertisement

• Journee Teeny Macaw: "Could it be "När kärleken kom till byn" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042799/"
    Could be, but it's hard to know, because I can't find anything on Youtube with that title, and the portraits I googled of the main actor don't look like my memory of the main actor.
    I think it was called simply "Le professeur' in the translation of the title!

How about http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069120/

No, I would have remembered it being Delon. Plus it was definitely in a cold climate....I'm telling you, it's so obscure it's probably just a figment of my imagination!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

I'm looking for a British film, set in the 90s (I think) It was about a boy who moved to a new school and got horrendously bullied. He was friends with a fat kid who in one scene went into school without any shoes.

The real kicker is that Radiohead's 'Creep' played in the final scene of the film.

I watched it when I was a kid and would love to see it again, if anyone has any idea of its name please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭patch

I need some help proving my mother is not batshít insane.

She swears she seen a trailer for a film this week (could be cinema/dvd/tv trailer so don't know how new/old the film is) that had a young boy looking at a book - she says he was around 10 years old, maybe younger. Then you see him sitting down up really high, like on a crane or on some scaffolding or something, and many people below are looking at him. There's something about the time, and a black man says something about him having the key to the universe or something along those lines.

No idea, she's probably mad. She's been varnishing doors around the house this week, I'm sure its the fumes but is there any chance she's not raving? Any ideas?

I LOL'd at the varnishing floors theory....
    Anyways, it's Kiefer Sutherlands new tv series 'Touch'.
    Cancel the men in white coats.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Denerick wrote: »
    I'm looking for a British film, set in the 90s (I think) It was about a boy who moved to a new school and got horrendously bullied. He was friends with a fat kid who in one scene went into school without any shoes.

The real kicker is that Radiohead's 'Creep' played in the final scene of the film.

I watched it when I was a kid and would love to see it again, if anyone has any idea of its name please let me know.

Walking on the Moon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭FuzzyFrog

I have been racking my brains for ages Googling with no joy for a movie title. The movie itself was about this mysterious tribe who would dress in either wolf or bear skins and then attack a village. They would never leave their dead after a battle, so the villagers were never sure if the attackers were human or not as they only saw them in battle wearing these skins.

I can remember the whole thing being very mystical. When an attack would occur a large fog would preceed the arrival of the tribe in these animal skins and they'd have axes. I've nothing else other than that unfortunately. Does this trigger any memory for anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

FuzzyFrog wrote: »
    I have been racking my brains for ages Googling with no joy for a movie title. The movie itself was about this mysterious tribe who would dress in either wolf or bear skins and then attack a village. They would never leave their dead after a battle, so the villagers were never sure if the attackers were human or not as they only saw them in battle wearing these skins.

I can remember the whole thing being very mystical. When an attack would occur a large fog would preceed the arrival of the tribe in these animal skins and they'd have axes. I've nothing else other than that unfortunately. Does this trigger any memory for anyone?
    The 13th warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭FuzzyFrog

Bang on! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I'm not sure if this is from a movie or film but I remember seeing something years ago where this really nerdy looking guy was speaking in a really monotone voice and the memorable bit was how he pronounced the word 'nerd'.

Phonetically he pronounced it njerd, with a soft J
    kinda like how you pronounce the word 'fjord'

It's bugging me.

• I'm not sure if this is from a movie or film but I remember seeing something years ago where this really nerdy looking guy was speaking in a really monotone voice and the memorable bit was how he pronounced the word 'nerd'.

Phonetically he pronounced it njerd, with a soft J
    kinda like how you pronounce the word 'fjord'

It's bugging me.

Have you got any more info? Not much to go on.
    Approx year / any other scenes you can remember.
    The nerdy monotoned guy sounds a bit like Napoleon Dynamite, probably not right, can't remember a njerd part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I remember seeing a clip from a horror movie - there's a woman in bed (who looks like Jodie Foster but I think it's not her). She gets a call from her husband (who she thought was sleeping beside her), realises he's not in bed with her and leans over to check under the covers. We see a shot from the other side of the bed where there's a freaky ghost looking person staring into the camera while she leans over to peel back the covers.

Any idea what movie this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Newaglish wrote: »
    I remember seeing a clip from a horror movie - there's a woman in bed (who looks like Jodie Foster but I think it's not her). She gets a call from her husband (who she thought was sleeping beside her), realises he's not in bed with her and leans over to check under the covers. We see a shot from the other side of the bed where there's a freaky ghost looking person staring into the camera while she leans over to peel back the covers.

Any idea what movie this is?

Not a movie, just a short. scary as fook though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Genius, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Have you got any more info? Not much to go on.
    Approx year / any other scenes you can remember.
    The nerdy monotoned guy sounds a bit like Napoleon Dynamite, probably not right, can't remember a njerd part.

nope
    That's all I can remember. A stereotypical nerd pronouncing nerd --- njerd
    Oh, he was American.

• nope
    Oh, he was American.
    I'll try one more.
    Revenge of the nerds.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 48 Carl1997

It's about a man who finds his wife cheating then he gets framed for murdering his wife (ex?) and the guy. Can't remember much of it.
    Im writing an English essay based on this idea so it would help if I could watch the movie.
    Thanks
    EDIT:
    It's a recent enough release, think it's from the last 5 years. Can't remember if the guy gets framed but I remember that he's outside the house waiting to go in and kill them but then he leaves and someone else does it and I think he gets the blame

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Carl1997 wrote: »
    It's about a man who finds his wife cheating then he gets framed for murdering his wife (ex?) and the guy. Can't remember much of it.
    Im writing an English essay based on this idea so it would help if I could watch the movie.
    Thanks
    EDIT:
    It's a recent enough release, think it's from the last 5 years. Can't remember if the guy gets framed but I remember that he's outside the house waiting to go in and kill them but then he leaves and someone else does it and I think he gets the blame

Sounds like The Shawshank Redemption

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 48 Carl1997

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Sounds like The Shawshank Redemption

Actually I think it is that but I've seen that before. Suppose I must have forgotten about that part and only remembered about all his time in prison

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

nope
    Oh, he was American.
    Sounds like the Toby Radloff character in American Splendor.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toby_Radloff

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭DeadlyTwig

A really bad looking horror movie, I only saw the trailer of it before PA3!
    It was about a woman who goes to investigate a haunting in a boarding school.
    I think she was trying to catch a ghost on camera or something....Any guesses?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

DeadlyTwig wrote: »
    The Awakening.

Wasn't bad actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭DeadlyTwig

DeadlyTwig wrote: »
    The Awakening.

Wasn't bad actually.

Thank you so much :) made my Sunday!! The amount of random searches myself and my sister put into google to try and find it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Well Folks,

Trying to think of the name of a movie, not gonna guess a year as it could be late 90's or early 2000's.

A guy has a gorilla named Emma (I think) who he has thought sign language to. The gorilla has a back pack that translates the sign so essentially the gorilla is speaking.

Anywho they head off into the jungle to return her to the wild when they run into killer silver gorillas near a volcanic mountain.

For the life of me cannot remember the name, cheers.

Well Folks,

Trying to think of the name of a movie, not gonna guess a year as it could be late 90's or early 2000's.

A guy has a gorilla named Emma (I think) who he has thought sign language to. The gorilla has a back pack that translates the sign so essentially the gorilla is speaking.

Anywho they head off into the jungle to return her to the wild when they run into killer silver gorillas near a volcanic mountain.

Congo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Well Folks,

Congo

edit: lightning fast Renata Sour Rodeo, almost like those pesky silverbacks!

Advertisement