Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random CoD Pics and Video Thread

• 08-10-2011 3:46pm
    Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Title is self-explanatory but just to add to it. Any vids or pics you'd like to post from random players, commentators and the like please keep to this thread.

If you'd like to post your own stuff, please do so in this Boards Pics and Vid thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

This is what CoD has become... :(

NkI5U.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

e_e wrote: »

"MUCHO AIR SUPPORT" :pac:

Omg, I'm in stitches here. Thanks for the laughs :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Now hear me out:
    Normally totally against trickshotting and 12 year old dickheads having an orgasm to one of their mates' shots and all that jazz, but the editing and music in this was absolutely amazing :eek: honestly, so simplistic and eerie. Much better than all the over-edited crap you see nowadays. Judge the video by editing alone

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Now hear me out:
    Normally totally against trickshotting and 12 year old dickheads having an orgasm to one of their mates' shots and all that jazz, but the editing and music in this was absolutely amazing :eek: honestly, so simplistic and eerie. Much better than all the over-edited crap you see nowadays. Judge the video by editing alone

Great song alright its Nightcall by Kavinsky and Lovefox

cant say much about the video tho :p

If you want a REALLY amazing use of that music go and see the movie Drive. :cool::cool:

IMO thats just about average editing, nothing special

Faze are really annoying too

• Advertisement

Tallon wrote: »

I agree haha they're all retards but the music just was perfect with the editing imo

I agree haha they're all retards but the music just was perfect with the editing imo
    I disagree, it wasn't sync'd or really relevant

Kavinsky is slow melodic music, putting that over fast paced, kid shouting trickshots makes no sense to me

Again, totally imo. I normally like these trickshots

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I thought it was ok, wasn't really that much in terms of editting, no transitions or anything but the background sound ruined it... should have just cut a couple of bullet sounds and made them very subtle in the back and took out all the screaming 15 year olds(I know thats what trickshot montages are about.. but not with that kind of song). Colour correction was ****e aswel imo, made it look like it was capped with a dazzle ! :)

Otherwise... not bad :P

Magill wrote: »
    I thought it was ok, wasn't really that much in terms of editting, no transitions or anything but the background sound ruined it... should have just cut a couple of bullet sounds and made them very subtle in the back and took out all the screaming 15 year olds(I know thats what trickshot montages are about.. but not with that kind of song). Colour correction was ****e aswel imo, made it look like it was capped with a dazzle ! :)

Otherwise... not bad :P

Ur just jelly cus you cant temperr fayde nosc shot, i bet i wud kil ye guiz in a 1v1

-FaZe Frank

Fúck you!

1v1 on Rust RIGHT NOW!!!

On a more serious note, I watched the video again, and I did notice a few missed sync points, which is fairly bad form from Agony since he's probably the 2nd most famous editor on Youtube.

TBH maybe I only I liked the video for the song but still people have to be more open. The edit was clean and simple, I prefer this to people who take away from the clips with constant cinematics and crazy bright CCs. People always have preconceived thoughts when it comes to videos like these. I mightn't like trickshotting but that doesn't mean before I watch the video I'm gonna think, "Oh this will be so crap and I'm gonna hate it no matter what."

Note I wasn't talking to anyone in particular about the above, it's just a general consensus. Tallon and Magill, I share the exact same opinion to ye when it comes to sniping anyways and ye both made good points, a lot of which I agree with.

Anyways, I'm not the type to take anything like this to heart :p nor the type who makes immature and childish comments to start bickering with people over something unimportant.

And at the end of the day, everybody knows Tallon and Magill are really both big, fat gay smelly pooheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,876 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You like what you like frank.. simple as - once it tickles your fancy, share the vid with others :)

Didn't think the vid was that bad, not my thing though... When you realise that for every "trick shot" that they pull off, there are 20+ that miss and they meet an the business end of a SPAs.

Either that, or the fall off the side of the building in Highrise (about 1 minute into the vid) :P

I feel bad now because I never heard of Agony :/

This is what you call a great montage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

This is why I cant stand watching COD clips online. they are all just QS after QS usually! And the epic amazing trickshot ones are just plain annoying!

The one you just posted Tallon really grinds my gears coz I hate it when it takes almost 50 seconds... almost a full minute.. before they get into it!! almost a full minute of symbols and emblems etc.. I'm annoyed before its even started proper! :rolleyes: (not having a go at ya just opinion)

I get you guys appreciate the editing and montage skills themselves more than the same old repetitive gameplay.. I tend to only ever really like a montage if its got something different in it and some incredible editing... but most of the ones I see are just snipe snipe snipe quickscope quickscope quickscope..

I'd much prefer to watch proper gameplay than just a few clips of a a guy getting a few QS kills in a row!!!

I should have mentioned, that is not just random lobbies, it's a Pro Mod competition and those guys are Highly skilled... For example, a couple of times in that video you see people get an Ace... To do that in a competition with that skill of players is amazing.. imo of course.

Also, I appreciate you being honest, I know you're not having a go at me :)

Also, my last two uploads are not QS :D

• Advertisement

hypermuse wrote: »
    This is why I cant stand watching COD clips online. they are all just QS after QS usually! And the epic amazing trickshot ones are just plain annoying!

The one you just posted Tallon really grinds my gears coz I hate it when it takes almost 50 seconds... almost a full minute.. before they get into it!! almost a full minute of symbols and emblems etc.. I'm annoyed before its even started proper! :rolleyes: (not having a go at ya just opinion)

I get you guys appreciate the editing and montage skills themselves more than the same old repetitive gameplay.. I tend to only ever really like a montage if its got something different in it and some incredible editing... but most of the ones I see are just snipe snipe snipe quickscope quickscope quickscope..

I'd much prefer to watch proper gameplay than just a few clips of a a guy getting a few QS kills in a row!!!

That was actually me that uploaded it (few posts up :P)

I think you are being very harsh on the vid in particular.

1. It's a Frag Movie, not some run of the mill montage.

2. It's all Pro-Mod, is an entirely balanced variation of SnD and while there are numerous public servers to play on PC (plus the odd hacked lobby version on console), it is what all the mainstream competitions use. Personally speaking, it's the only thing I rate on Youtube when it comes to COD. If thanks are a rating mark, than I don't think people here understand the level of quality in these vids. I've seen some very average and underwheming stuff be liked more than Frag movies which is mind boggling for me anyway.
    PROMOD
    Promod is game modification for Call of Duty promoting the competitive side of the game. By covering all aspects of thegame it makes it a enjoyable experience for anyone, with functions for anything from practice and public fun to competitive matchplay and shoutcaster functions. Online or not, our philosophy is to satisfy both those playing and watching the game as a spectator.

THE STANDARD
    Promod have grown to be the undisputable standard for Call of Duty 4 worldwide, used on over 4000 online servers and on every LAN event held the past years. That have provided a steady balanced and unified ground for all the players to play on, no matter what.

HISTORY
    The Promod project started soon after the scenes finally being mature for a unified ruleset. A ruleset that would mean things like cooked nades being removed and weapons being balanced. That, amongst many other improvements, all to boost the competive side of Call of Duty 4.

3. As you eluded to in your post, the editing. The editing is far superior to what most produce. Youtube search any Frag Movie. It's more than just a gaming vid. There's an art aspect to it all.

4. The credits are long, and deservedly so IMO as these guys go the extra mile over the typical stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Also, my last two uploads are not QS :D
    That was actually me that uploaded it (few posts up :P)

I think you are being very harsh on the vid in particular.

1. It's a Frag Movie, not some run of the mill montage.

2. It's all Pro-Mod, is an entirely balanced variation of SnD and while there are numerous public servers to play on PC (plus the odd hacked lobby version on console), it is what all the mainstream competitions use. Personally speaking, it's the only thing I rate on Youtube when it comes to COD. If thanks are a rating mark, than I don't think people here understand the level of quality in these vids. I've seen some very average and underwheming stuff be liked more than Frag movies which is mind boggling for me anyway.

3. As you eluded to in your post, the editing. The editing is far superior to what most produce. Youtube search any Frag Movie. It's more than just a gaming vid. There's an art aspect to it all.

4. The credits are long, and deservedly so IMO as these guys go the extra mile over the typical stuff.

When I was talking bout the above vid it was just in reference to the 50 second credits at the start.. regardless of how good a video is.. I just cant stand it! :mad: personal pref I guess.. :o

The vid itself interms of content aint bad.. Reading my last post it does read badly, I was giving out about the intro to that clip but my QS rant was just a rant in general about how the majority of COD videos on the net are full of crap and I just hate watching them..

I rarely find a video that engulfs me.. I only really like a vid if the editing is clever or unique coz I like to see something different!

When I was talking bout the above vid it was just in reference to the 50 second credits at the start.. regardless of how good a video is.. I just cant stand it! :mad: personal pref I guess.. :o

The vid itself interms of content aint bad.. Reading my last post it does read badly, I was giving out about the intro to that clip but my QS rant was just a rant in general about how the majority of COD videos on the net are full of crap and I just hate watching them..

I rarely find a video that engulfs me.. I only really like a vid if the editing is clever or unique coz I like to see something different!

I getcha, and I do agree with ya about the QS element on Youtube but in general, QS or not there is far too much averageness/crap.

Gameplay does nothing for me as unless it's ProMod as I've said numerous times. Most gameplay vids consist of high killstreaks doing all the work on Domination. If someone puts in a good score with non-lethal or simply lesser killstreaks I'll take notice, especially if unpopular guns are being used.

Youtube worthy gameplays is what I refer to them as - bigger the score, the better you are. Horse crap :) I've heard many commentators use that phrase as well. It'd be refreshing to see gameplay content that offers x person a challenge. Because of the lack of this, gameplays do nowt for me.

edit - If Perrin and Kells read this, they might remember a session we had where we used big killstreaks. My K/D in those handful of games was comfortably above 20, well above it I'm confident in saying that likewise the other lads from what I recall. It's not hard to post Youtube worthy gameplay vids.

edit again - I always ref this vid when talking about Frag Movies, but this is special -

Completely agree. I was showing the lads on Skype (which you must get on btw!) some of the montages that I downloaded in 720p at the weekend.
    • Glint 1/2
    • Scalper 1/2/3
    • Jazz
    • All The Things She Said
    • Troutage
    • Magill/Mine Dualtage (had to :p)
    • Ladtage
    • Magill's montage
    • Boards montage
    All of those have very clever editing, unusual music that you wouldn't think would work well in a montage or a combination of both. Alot of the montages that are really popular these days are QS which I suppose appeals to the majority of CoD viewers, but certainly not me, and a fair amount of posters on here too I'd imagine.

...I'm just gonna say what everyone else is thinking -

Fcuking French pricks!

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Completely agree. I was showing the lads on Skype (which you must get on btw!) some of the montages that I downloaded in 720p at the weekend.
    • Glint 1/2
    • Scalper 1/2/3
    • Jazz
    • All The Things She Said
    • Troutage
    • Magill/Mine Dualtage (had to :p)
    • Ladtage
    • Magill's montage
    • Boards montage
    All of those have very clever editing, unusual music that you wouldn't think would work well in a montage or a combination of both. Alot of the montages that are really popular these days are QS which I suppose appeals to the majority of CoD viewers, but certainly not me, and a fair amount of posters on here too I'd imagine.

Love all those montages, Beans and Trout always have great, original music.

Just some recommendations, some you may have already seen:

One by Sam5k and Trout and Stevie

Mode by Jonas (maybe the best HCHQ montage ever, up there with Jazz's Blueprint, good song too)

Affinity by DJ Atriox and iQKz (the best clips I have ever seen, hands down. Mostly sniping but you should still enjoy it.)

My top 3 favourite montages ever right there

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I've seen some very average and underwheming stuff be liked more than Frag movies which is mind boggling for me anyway.

Fairly certain I thank all of the COD4 ones you put up!

You're not posting enough IMO :pac:

The frag movies are unreal. Amazing editing combined with sick, competitive, action scenes.

More please!

some you may have already seen:

One by Sam5k and Trout and Stevie

Posted it before but forgot to include it :)
    (the best clips I have ever seen, hands down. Mostly sniping but you should still enjoy it.)

That's really really well done. It's not to much sniping I don't like as the 360'ing FaZe Clan/the like and all the people copying them, or at least trying to.

• Advertisement

Leeg17 wrote: »
    That's really really well done. It's not to much sniping I don't like as the 360'ing FaZe Clan/the like and all the people copying them, or at least trying to.

I'm guessing you had to run to get the tissues after the last clip yes? :D

Advertisement