Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We can rebuild her!"

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Plan for this evening - 1 mile easy, 6x600m @ 10k pace with 90 sec recovery, 1 mile easy. Got it done - 600s were in the 2:40-2:48 range. Not easy by any stretch of the imagination, but glad to get it done regardless. 9km covered in total, average overall pace 5.33/km.

Plan for this evening - 1 hour easy. Headed out after the Man U match, felt pretty tired throughout this one. Think I need a really good lie-in at least one of the days this weekend. Around 10km covered, 6.04/km average pace, average HR 148 / max 168.

Saturday - hill reps. Had forgotten to charge my Garmin so just did this by feel. Didn't feel particularly good, but just HTFU'd a bit and got through it. 8x70 secs hill reps, don't know total distance covered but probably about 6km when warmup and cooldown are added.

Sunday - plan was 10 miles easy. Just felt wrecked the whole time, even if the Garmin trace doesn't make it look as bad as it felt. 16.32km covered, average pace 5.52/km, average HR 154 / max 173. Bleh.

Swapped tomorrow's run to this evening because I'm heading over to de mammy's for pancakes after work tomorrow and I can't be arsed getting up to run in the morning. Plan was 45 minutes easy - covered 6.8km, average pace 6.01/km, average HR 152 / max 170. Nice run, felt like staying out for longer but kept it to the intended length due to having pretty much a precise 45 minute gap between putting different parts of my dinner in the oven... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Nice run, felt like staying out for longer but kept it to the intended length due to having pretty much a precise 45 minute gap between putting different parts of my dinner in the oven... :pac:

What happens if you pick up an injury at the furthest part of the course from your place and have to walk back. Or worse again what if you forget your keys. What happens the dinner then? Kaboom? :D

• Advertisement

What happens if you pick up an injury at the furthest part of the course from your place and have to walk back. Or worse again what if you forget your keys. What happens the dinner then? Kaboom? :D

Chances I was prepared to take :pac:

Plan for this evening - 1 mile easy, 30 mins @ MP, 4x80m strides, 1 mile easy. Enjoyed that, even if the MP bits did end up speeding up a bit once I got out of the wind! (there's at least 2 5.0x km splits there... whoops!) Pretty happy with that overall, was grouching a bit during the warmup but once I got going I was fine.

Total distance covered 9.1km, average pace overall 5.33/km, average HR 163 / max 179.

Thurs - plan was 45 mins easy. Not the most pleasant of runs, the combination of a sinus headache and cramps in my stomach did not exactly fill me with great joy :pac: Average pace 6.02/km, average HR 147 / max 164, around 7.5km covered.

Sat - plan was hill reps (6x 70 secs). Ended up doing these at Bohernabreena rather than the Kyber... fun times. 70 sec reps there are enough for a bit of jelly legs :pac: 6.79km covered in total, average overall pace 5.55/km, average HR 154 / max 181.

Sun - plan was 8 miles easy. I misread the plan as 10 miles because that's what it had been the last few weeks :rolleyes: Covered just over 16km anyway. Average pace 5.51/km, average HR 158 / max 175.

Rammstein gig at the O2 last night (which was absolutely savage btw :D ) left me knackered and feeling more than a little bit battered today - tonight's run was always going to be a slow affair. And so it was - plan was 1 hour easy, and this was really easy. 9.6km covered, 6.22/km average pace, no HRM tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done on those Saturday hill reps, that hill is TOUGH!!

• Advertisement

Wednesday - very short recovery run, had a (rather painful!) sports massage that morning to try and loosen out a very tight right hip. 6.32/km average pace, just over 3km covered.

Thursday - no run, had planned 1 hour easy but didn't get to run because I only got out of work at 8pm, and had to go shopping after that so it was 9pm by the time I got home and wasn't about to head out at that stage.

Friday - planned rest day, but pretty much did Thursday's planned run. No Garmin because I forgot to charge the feckin' thing.

Saturday - plan (swapped Sat and Sun) was 10 miles easy. This was a bit of a disaster, ended up cutting the run short. Had to stop after just over 6km because I was getting a bit light-headed, and was still about 5km from home at that stage. Took it very easy getting back... total of about 11km covered. Really, really hope I'm not coming down with something, though the fact that my HR was hitting 170 at 5.50/km pace at certain times during this run worries me.

Sunday - plan was a session - mile warmup, 12x400, mile cooldown. Still wasn't feeling great, so stuck to an easy run rather than the session. Bit frustrating, tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Hope you're feeling better soon Rainbow K

Feeling a little better today even though the end of this cold is still lingering in my sinuses (that's nothing new for me as anyone who read my log just before Barcelona '11 knows well!) so got out for yesterday's planned run (1 hour easy) this evening. 9.9km covered in just under an hour - didn't bother with adding on the extra 100m to be exact on the Garmin :pac: Average pace 5.58/km, average HR 159 / max 185. HR is still slightly above normal for pace and effort, but that should get back to normal over the next few days, hopefully.

Same loop today as I covered yesterday, so that awkward 9.9km figure for total distance covered. Average pace 5.56/km, average HR 152 / max 177. Sinuses still misbehaving so this run was basically snot rockets followed by more snot rockets. Fun times. :pac:

Plan for today - 1 mile easy, 8x70 sec hills, 1 mile easy. Was a bit worried about this (due to still having the tail end of that cold lingering), but got through it anyway just fine, thankfully. Total distance covered 9.3km, average overall pace 5.47/km, average HR 161 / max 185.

LSR today - plan was 10 miles easy. Did that - just over 16km covered, 6.02/km average pace, average HR 157 / max 173. This run seemed to alternate between moments of feeling great and moments of feeling like total crap, but I got through it anyway.

Got home then in time to watch the athletics, and City doing a favour by losing to Swansea :)

Plan for this evening - 45 mins easy. Took it quite easy - 6.14/km average pace, 7.5km covered. Average HR 147 / max 167. Little to report here, just a matter of getting it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I haven't read your log in ages... I can't believe you've become a KM splitter ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

digger2d2 wrote: »
    I haven't read your log in ages... I can't believe you've become a KM splitter ;)

Yep she's doing the Mallow 16.09344km on Monday! :pac:

• Advertisement

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Yep she's doing the Mallow 16.09344km on Monday! :pac:

MSB 5k on Sunday, tbh :pac:

(There is a 10 mile easy run on my schedule for Sunday because ecoli got the date of the MSB 5k wrong, may treat Mallow as an easy run)

Not really feeling in racing shape at the moment though :(

You will when the gun goes off! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Think of Raheny! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

MSB 5k on Sunday, tbh :pac:

Beers after? :D

jcsmum wrote: »
    Think of Raheny! :)

I didn't have a lingering sinusy cold or a crapload of uncalled-for stress in work just before Raheny...
    menoscemo wrote: »
    Beers after? :D
    We'll see :pac:

We'll see :pac:

8am train to Mallow says no! :pac:

Plan for this evening - 1 mile easy, 6x (1 min @ 5k pace, 1 min recovery), 1 mile easy. Still snotting a bit too much to be in really good shape for Sunday, but let's hope the race adrenaline kicks in then. Total distance covered 6.36km, average overall pace 5.49/km, average HR 156 / max 197 (lol spike).

Didn't get to run on Thursday due to being stuck in work until a ridiculous hour of the evening.

Saturday - short easy run & strides - 5km covered, average pace 6 min/km, average HR 152 / max 180.

Sunday - MSB 5k - 23:41 (4.41/km average pace, average HR 180 / max 189, 5.05km covered).

Delighted with the PB... but a little disappointed not to have gone low or sub-23. Couldn't really have put in any more effort on the day though given that there was an almighty technicolour yawn just after the finish line. Buildup to this race hasn't been ideal by any stretch of the imagination - had a lingering cold for about 2 weeks (which has shortened a few runs and made others a misery), and work-related crap has meant quite a few missed runs too.

Next up? Maybe the K-Club 10k in April. 5 weeks away, sub-50 attempt. Fingers crossed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Well done on the PB RK. Are you not doing Mallow tomorrow??

• Advertisement

shazkea wrote: »
    Well done on the PB RK. Are you not doing Mallow tomorrow??

If I do it, it will be as an easy run. :)

Advertisement