Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most expensive pint

• 03-04-2012 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Guys, I'm trying to collate info on the most expensive pint in Dublin.

If you know of any shock-horror prices, please PM. :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The most expensive pint is Guinnes in my local. It comes in at a whopping 75 czk or 3 euros. Its almost 3 times the price of most other beers! 3 times. :eek:

Madness.

Irrisistable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 queenbea

Names of premises and prices would be helpful! PM the info if that helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Pints are 5.20 in the Dublin Academy. Up here in Donegal there is a pub with all drinks €2.70 and a few others with €3 all drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

This should help

http://pintofplain.com/

Don't know how accurate it is though. Obviously the prices displayed in the hundreds of euro are a mistake...I hope:eek:

It says Fitzsimons in Temple Bar charges €7 for a Guinness which I'd well believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 queenbea

cheers, folks...is the €7 pint after 11pm? or any time?

• Advertisement

queenbea wrote: »
    cheers, folks...is the €7 pint after 11pm? or any time?

Dunno, you'd have to ask them I suppose. Your best bet is to ring up all the locations, in Temple Bar especially, and ask them, especially the hotels. Make sure to ask how the prices change according to time. Then also ring up the bars/clubs on Baggot St, Harcourt street and Dawson Street. They'd be the most pricey imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

This should help

Don't know how accurate it is though. Obviously the prices displayed in the hundreds of euro are a mistake...I hope:eek:

It says Fitzsimons in Temple Bar charges €7 for a Guinness which I'd well believe.

:pac: This place is always mentioned when there's a thread on exorbitant pint prices. Last I heard it was 26.50 a pint in there!

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

This should help

Yeah, that's usually people forgetting the decimal place.
    It would be accurate for the date it was put in which was the end of last summer. I must go update it this week. There's a bunch of usual suspects (The Temple Bar, Oliver St. John Gogarty and Cafe en Seine to name 3) that would have the most expensive pints in the city center. Prices have come down a bit in the last year or so, but generally not by a huge amount.

Draco wrote: »
    Yeah, that's usually people forgetting the decimal place.

It would be accurate for the date it was put in which was the end of last summer. I must go update it this week. There's a bunch of usual suspects (The Temple Bar, Oliver St. John Gogarty and Cafe en Seine to name 3) that would have the most expensive pints in the city center. Prices have come down a bit in the last year or so, but generally not by a huge amount.
    I thought that was a great site, fair play for the updates that are involved. You ever think of developing an app? To locate you and show the pubs in your location with prices attached? Could be handy when in an unknown area and on a budget?

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I thought that was a great site, fair play for the updates that are involved. You ever think of developing an app? To locate you and show the pubs in your location with prices attached? Could be handy when in an unknown area and on a budget?
    There's an iPhone app already. Never had the time to port it to Android.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement