Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolmine community school

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭holdmyhand?

never made it past 5th year... was told id do better 'somewhere' else ........................

ended up gettin 540... suckers....!!!

anyways... i smoked behind the curtains of the stage(found out this could be done after a teacher telling us there was no smoke alarms there because the 'bosses are too cheap' nice move sir!)... or round the side of mr 'dr' byrnes office.

i loved the business teacher mr smith.... he just amused me with his odd breathing... ms daly....... what a looper!!

mr synnot... what a legend. 'sir can i go to the toliet' 'no' 'why?' 'because... you... i... do your work' 'please sir' 'sarah do your work' 'sir i really have to go' 'finish your work' 'sir i have my period' 'sarah. do. your. work.' 'please sir' 'OUTSIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE' go out and sit down on the step for about 5 mins. then hed come out tell me how great and what good potential i had, how i was alot smarter then everyone in my class. id nodd along.......... then hed let me go to the toliet.

or his classic line.... 'what if i dont wanna get the boat. what if i wanna get the bus or train'

ms grimes maths first year 3rd day.... a guy decides to fall over and bring his whole desk with him. 'what are you doing?' 'i dont know what happened miss i just fell over' 'well would you mind not just falling over in my class thanks' 'but miss i cant help it if i fall over' 'o boyyyyyy. ive been teaching for 22 years. you dont just fall over its mathamatically impossible' *laughing from class* 'right everyone fall over' *more laughing* she sits down arms folded. 'im not teaching till everyone falls over'

of the day we walked in to find her fixing the stains on her walls with tippex! or her briefcase. or the way she had a holder thing for her chalk and used to keep it in the sink.

mr horseman 'i will not say a dingo ate my baby. i find it offensive'

when we turned mr gleesons class room around and all faced the back wall instead of the blackboard.

who can forget cable ties!!!! or turning bags inside out!!!

or fr tom just goin up to get off class

being banned from every ty outting....

mr oates and the way he used to sit on the desk and like have his huge crotch in your face.

when the intercom used to be left on and you would hear something you werent supposed to

putting bubbles in the fountain

pity its so bad education wise

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

HA! Love this thread. Good times...

Howya Cock! I worked with Barry Delaney too...nice to know he's doing well for himself, good bloke.

Finished in '05 myself. And I take personal responsibility for Mr Synott's descent into grey-hairedness. :)

Oh and getting everyone kicked out of Eddie Henry's class for playing Limp Bizkit on my recordable watch (which was the style at the time). Or getting kicked out of B1 then chasing pigeons outside to entertain everyone. Or sneaking into his back office, putting on his glasses and reading his paper while everyone laughed, Eddie didn't know WHAT was happening and Mr Sobolewski came in and saw me like "WTF?!"

I ran. Quickly.

Ah, I was a good pupil deep down. Just ask Ms McPhillips :)

On a serious note, I nearly got expelled for being a bully there. I was an arsehole, so I may as well take the opportunity to let anyone I picked on who may be reading know that I AM sorry. I was a hormonal-arse teen and took it out on folk who didn't deserve it. I sincerely still feel bad about it to this day.

Anyway, yeah, what a school though. Those were the days...

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭buttonsflyie

Calling all students of 1989 Coolmine Community School, the 20 year school reunion is being organised for 8th of August 2009 in Brady's Castleknock at 8pm.

So if you or anybody you know was part of this year, please P.M. me, if I can get contact details, I can get the full details sent on , even if your not available to go, get in touch.
    Ingrid is organising this, so if you get the Community Voice this week she has an article in it.

Thanks

Clara

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,002 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

ButtonsFlyie I've merged your post into this thread, and I'll sticky it until the Reunion is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭buttonsflyie

Gaspode wrote: »
    ButtonsFlyie I've merged your post into this thread, and I'll sticky it until the Reunion is over.

Thanks Gaspode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

Graduated in 2005. I'll never miss it. From what I hear it's a complete scumbag breeding ground now. Even more so than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cathyj

leggo wrote: »
    HA! Love this thread. Good times...

Finished in '05 myself. And I take personal responsibility for Mr Synott's descent into grey-hairedness. :)

Oh and getting everyone kicked out of Eddie Henry's class for playing Limp Bizkit on my recordable watch (which was the style at the time). Or getting kicked out of B1 then chasing pigeons outside to entertain everyone. Or sneaking into his back office, putting on his glasses and reading his paper while everyone laughed, Eddie didn't know WHAT was happening and Mr Sobolewski came in and saw me like "WTF?!"

graduated 2005

hahahaha goood times leggett! heya mark aswell!!

eddie's classes we legendary! history, geography and cspe, 1st to 3rd year!! kickin the whole class out and everyone just bailing to the canteen!

ah i miss that place!!
    dya member the time ya put fionn through the prefab window leggett? and patsy had to come get him out!
    sinnott was a legend!! he went mad every class without fail!!
    halfo was a legend aswell!!

id love to go back for a week.....get the whole class back! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tonyg

Hiya,
    Came across the thread and thought I'd post a reply. I attended Coolmine from 1978 - 1981, was 1D,2D and propelled to 3B for the third year! The only teacher I can remember from that time was Mr McNally the metalwork teacher and of course Mr O'Beachain. It was different then, the school was in the middle of nowhere with fields in every direction. The Gym/swimming pool seemed to be a long walk on a rainy day and you could never fit all your book in the lockers. Ah, memories!

TonyG :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

Calling all students of 1989 Coolmine Community School, the 20 year school reunion is being organised for 8th of August 2009 in Brady's Castleknock at 8pm.

So if you or anybody you know was part of this year, please P.M. me, if I can get contact details, I can get the full details sent on , even if your not available to go, get in touch.
    Ingrid is organising this, so if you get the Community Voice this week she has an article in it.

Thanks

Clara
    jayz.. that means my 20 year reunion isn't far away :eek:

class of 1992

we were the 2nd last year to have the legendary "Grip"

fav.teacher - Mr. Halferty

glad to hear he's still going strong.

teacher who used to keep you on your toes:
    Mrs Solan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mandah

Stinjy wrote: »
    And sure half my clas are texting too its actualy realy funny

You're not fooling anyone "Stinjy" :p I sit beside you in that class & I know for a FACT you're JUST as bad as the rest of us, you're always on bebo on your mobile :p

In first year my locker was in C corridor just beside Inion's room! Oh and we have a new Oratory aswell, It's just behind the chaplains office, and religion classes on a Friday with Mr. Smith just wouldn't be the same without it!

Mr. Synott's just back off Paternity leave aswell (well, if you can call it paternity leave, he was out for a week, but he said paternity leave) His wife had a baby boy and they called it Joe, you can only IMAGINE the slagging.

We couldn't even get away with smoking behind the stage anymore cause thats where they have people ordering lunches, so it'd be noticed:(

I had Miss Grimes in second year just before she left and I'll always remember her talking and looking at the ceiling, I remember one day she was giving out to me and my friend, well she was only giving out to one of us, but because she wasnt looking we didnt know which one it was and then she screamed at whoever she was yelling at to leave, so we both went outside, then she followed us out on a wobbler asking why she left, turns out she wasnt even yelling at us, was quite funny at the time, I just laughed in her face. I remember her always going crazy when her sinks were wet too, so we used to leave the taps running in the morning and every tuesday, wednesyday and thursday she'd go on a mad one. Then evantually we started soaking barrel roll and throwing it on top of the blackboard, like just above it, random funniness but it never got old!!

I had Mr. Sobolewski 1st-3rd year for Geography. Me & Rebecca sat in the same seats for three years and he always called her Amanda's friend. He always told us mad stories that had nothing to do with Geography too! Tried to tell us he was a ghosthunter, I was the only one in the class who believed him, and from that day on he was my hero xD He also told us a story one day about A baby wanting Liga, i never quite got that one but the rest of my class laughed so I just went with it!

Has to be said, I love that school, teachers p*** ya off sometimes, but at the best of times its a laugh!

ONLY in coolmine would ya be watching Billy Elliot and the part comes on with the littl e girl and she says " i'll show ya my fanny", will someone shout out "thats Laura!!!" Hahaha keep me in that place as long as u can lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

haha Amanda I know, well, I am nearly as bad as you..

You probably cud get away with smoking behind the stage sure theres only 2 of us that do the orders and we wundt tell no 1 xD

I froze my arse off today bloomin sports day! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dr_H_Lecter

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

<snip>

Wow... take it easy. No need to badmouth so strongly.

Wow... take it easy. No need to badmouth so strongly.

definate need to badmouth. not nearly strong enough.

definate need to badmouth. not nearly strong enough.

Yeah but you've made it personal

I think all of that is really out of line. Whatever about you having a bad experience there there's absolutely no need for you to personally attack any of the teachers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,002 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Dr H Lecter, please moderate your tone, or face more serious sanction and/or banning from this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

when did they swap over from blazer/shirt/tie to polo t-shirts? <SNIP>

MED Edit: Skregs, leave out the smart remarks or face the consequences

About a hundred years ago. :p

Nah it was the year before my brother went in to first year. He graduated in '05 I think so probably introduced in the '99/'00 school year. Probably. I liked it. So much more comfortable and much warmer.

Ah Yeha the tshirts and what not are soo much better although there are still a few people who have managed to get their hands on a blazer! its kinda odd though because noonelse is wearing them! they just stick out! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

I heard one of the teachers took a punch trying to break up a fight last week. Never would've happened a few years ago.

• Advertisement

:D:)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

:D:)

Would you care to explain why a teacher getting punched is funny, or should I just ban you now?

Yeah if its the fight im thinking of they were first years fighting.. The respect in the school towards teachers is well.. non existant anymore.. sure one of them got hit in the face with a basketball at break he was left bleeding for the next 45 mins and no one even cared they picked up their ball and laughed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭gar.k

i am a 96 graduate, i hated every minute of my time in coolmine, nothing personal towards the staff just didnt like school!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

im a '07 graduate... good times there, many many memories of the place:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 candlehalo

Hi all,
    A 20 year reunion is being organised for the class that graduated from Coolmine in 1990, if you were in that year at anytime please join us. Provisionally looking at June 2010. There is an event set up on facebook, Do a search for Coolmine and let us know through that if you'll be able to make it. Please pass on the word to anyone you know that would have been in that year.
    Cheers
    AK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Would anyone have a pair of boys coolmine school trousers (size 32/34 lenght 32) going a begging?/ or are willing to sell cheaply?

My son's ones zip has broken - I have tried to replace it but am not that good a seamstress - and at 55 euro I am reluctant to purchase new ones - he is doing the leaving next year ! So will probably stop attending from around april anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

He'll stop attending school because of the leaving cert... ?

edit: About the zip: go to an alterations place, I'm sure it'd be cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

He'll stop attending school because of the leaving cert... ?

Pretty common practise. I didn't attend the last two weeks to continue studies by myself. Classes get fairly bare around this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

And I went to those classes. And they were some boring ass, empty classes.

Advertisement