Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Wish someone people would have a shower before the gym. Ew. Had to change treadmills. :mad:

Also, gym music is shít! JLS? Christina Perry? Today some type of hip hop crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Baza210 wrote: »

I don't like the idea of running with earphones in. Afraid it'll affect my balance.

Why can't it be like other gyms where the music is pumping out of the speaks. I want CHOOOONS!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Tears in Rain

Larianne wrote: »
    Wish someone people would have a shower before the gym. Ew. Had to change treadmills. :mad:

So sick of the gym playlist at this stage...they really need to mix it up, am gonna spaz if I hear Bruno Mars - Marry You one more time, who the hell thinks that makes good gym music? (I'd use my mp3 player if my headphones weren't broken.)

So sick of the gym playlist at this stage...they really need to mix it up, am gonna spaz if I hear Bruno Mars - Marry You one more time, who the hell thinks that makes good gym music? (I'd use my mp3 player if my headphones weren't broken.)

I was going to say something yesterday but I had a feeling whatever gym instructor was on, it was their musical taste. :cool:

I will go in search of an email address to voice my complaint, because it's a bit ridiculous at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

NDA site is down. AHEAD's publications are mainly not free. Rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I don't like the idea of running with earphones in. Afraid it'll affect my balance.

Why can't it be like other gyms where the music is pumping out of the speaks. I want CHOOOONS!

I always have my earphones in when I'm running - doesn't affect my balance at all (and I have crap balance as it is :P).

I have, however, dropped the mp3 player onto the treadmill and sent it ricocheting across the floor... three times....

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

I think it's generally more of a lack clothes washing thats results in that rather distinct aroma.
    Yeah it seems you're at the mercy of whichever instructor is on, generally it's bareable but I did have a good lol one day when SClub7s Reach For the Stars came on:rolleyes:.

I have, however, dropped the mp3 player onto the treadmill and sent it ricocheting across the floor... three times....

Haha I've witnessed that happen to a good few people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Pretty sure the upstairs lecture theatre in the biosciences building is colder than outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

blubloblu wrote: »
    Pretty sure the upstairs lecture theatre in the biosciences building is colder than outside.
    So cold its almost trowmatic.

Edit: Also, people in Biosciences computer room watching youtube videos on full volume and laughing loudly. STFU!

• Advertisement

:mad: Why is the Arts Block so damn cold today?! Why do they have the air-conditioning blasting when it's 3 degrees out?!

(And it'll be sauna-hot come April...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Yeah I've been absolutely freezing in the Berkeley.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Sleep, please.

Castle - Pandora Pt. 1

what a frustrating ending

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

7 hours spent calculating a graph and various other equations for a lab report... that's worth about 0.01% of a module :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

bscm wrote: »
    7 hours spent calculating a graph and various other equations for a lab report... that's worth about 0.01% of a module :/
    Oh you should do chemistry next year, then you can spend months preparing for a presentation that's worth 2.5% of your grade.

Don't do it then.

Placement screwing up my social life. :mad:

Supervisor's sick, won't be back any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Why in the name of Jesus do people think that it's acceptable to watch youtube videos without headphones in college computer rooms. Thats it keep on laughing, you knob.

• Advertisement

Stupid referencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

I don't wanna organise my thoughts coherently in my opening thesis chapter! Waaa! :(

The essay titles have (finally) been put up for one of my modules... and I don't understand what ANY of them are asking! :(

Seems that there's been laptop thieving going on in the library. Mind your machines.

Black Oil wrote: »
    Seems that there's been laptop thieving going on in the library. Mind your machines.

Really? Fuk sake! TCD turning into UCD. :mad:

Some people are idiots about it though; I've seen laptops with plugs sitting unattended for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

Lawliet wrote: »
    Some people are idiots about it though; I've seen laptops with plugs sitting unattended for hours.

You should feel secure in college and not have to worry about theft in the library.

IRcolm wrote: »
    You should feel secure in college and not have to worry about theft in the library.
    Feeling secure is no reason to disregard common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'd often leave my laptop at the table, it'd be pretty inconvenient to have it with me all of the time especially if I was just off looking for a book. I think the Hamilton Library seems a bit safer but wouldn't want to risk losing it so might think twice about doing it again : /

• Advertisement

I haven't heard of any laptops in the Hamilton being taken, it's a smaller area so there might be less chance of someone trying to steal it when the owner could be still in the room. But to be honest I think it's mostly the 'I'll leave my laptop to keep this space while I go for a two hour lunch break' people that have to worry

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement