Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

24 arrests in Waterford drugs haul

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

kryogen wrote: »
    17 people have been charged

15 males, 1 female, 1 youth.

the other 7 arrested are apparently going to be going to court soon too.

Did you misread......everything related to the case?

My mistake wasnt going to listen to a podcast and nothing on the other news so just went by a few comments on here. Regardless of my careless misreading how many are easily replaceable junkies only selling to feed their habit and how many are the guys actually bringing the crap into the city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

O Riain wrote: »
    My mistake wasnt going to listen to a podcast and nothing on the other news so just went by a few comments on here. Regardless of my careless misreading how many are easily replaceable junkies only selling to feed their habit and how many are the guys actually bringing the crap into the city?

Plenty, but regardless of who was arrested this time, there will always be someone willing to deal the drugs in the city, the suppliers (the ones the main dealers from Waterford get the gear from) dont get touched, until that happens there will be a constant flow of drugs into the city.

Most of the names listed are addicts first and foremost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Plenty, but regardless of who was arrested this time, there will always be someone willing to deal the drugs in the city, the suppliers (the ones the main dealers from Waterford get the gear from) dont get touched, until that happens there will be a constant flow of drugs into the city.

Most of the names listed are addicts first and foremost.

Suppliers will take years to be caught(if ever) and then guess what? Instantly replaced. Its a grim reality but prohibiting the dirt does more harm than good.

Thats my point, unless it is stopped at source, permanently, it will always be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Thats my point, unless it is stopped at source, permanently, it will always be there.

Once you have buyers, you will always have suppliers.

• Advertisement

You will always have buyers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

havent the us been trying to stop it at source for years
    afghanistan,colombia,panama

M cebee wrote: »
    havent the us been trying to stop it at source for years
    afghanistan,colombia,panama

That would depend on who you believe! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Columbia is a small success story but there is another 50 or so countries that can grow the stuff.

Anyway the best approach is to shoot dealers and users decriminalise personal use of "class B" drugs and get all heroin junkies on a subscription to feed their need. Take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

mike65 wrote: »
    Columbia is a small success story but there is another 50 or so countries that can grow the stuff.

Anyway the best approach is to shoot dealers and users decriminalise personal use of "class B" drugs and get all heroin junkies on a subscription to feed their need. Take it from there.

To hotpress or somethin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

mike65 wrote: »

To hotpress or somethin?

if you dont manage junkies theyll just rob to feed their habit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

M cebee wrote: »
    if you dont manage junkies theyll just rob to feed their habit

Remove The Head Or Destroy The Brain :p

You will always have buyers.

Exactly, and once you have buyers, you will have suppliers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

tawdy wrote: »
    3-Dogs3Ps.jpg

Hopefully the cops can give me my tools back now, held as evidence for this individual night visits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭bullpost

And once you have suppliers , you will have producers.

Wonder how long we can keep this up ;)
    Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Exactly, and once you have buyers, you will have suppliers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

bullpost wrote: »

Summed up.

bullpost wrote: »

And once you have producers, you will have growers. :)

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Hopefully the cops can give me my tools back now, held as evidence for this individual night visits.

You could be waiting for ages to get them back or they simply could go missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

You know what happens now? These little street dealing scum sags get put into a treatment program, do a little time convincing the cops they are clean and get released right back home! Every one will be back at work in six months. What has to be done is work back up the supply chain and take down the top dudes. Without that the work the cops did is wasted. This is all just BS to show what a good job is being done to fight drugs....riiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Advertisement