Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Electronics Deal

• 20-06-2007 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

tesco are currently selling a bush 32" lcd tv, bush tv stand and a goodmans home cinema system for 799, they are also available to buy seperately with the tv @ 599.99, the stand @ 149.99 and the cinema system @ 299.99.

they also have a 42" hd ready lcd bush tv for 1099.99

also, last night i saw a case of 24 bottles of holsten for 14.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

looked at this and the price is not that special - the likes of 32" bush lcd's for 599 is nothing new and the home cinema system is on sale at dixons website for £75 - not much more than Eur110 - so where Tesco are coming from with a price of €299 I don't know...

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

I would never buy a Bush television for some reason.

Seems like a good offer tho'. :cool:

looked at this and the price is not that special - the likes of 32" bush lcd's for 599 is nothing new and the home cinema system is on sale at dixons website for £75 - not much more than Eur110 - so where Tesco are coming from with a price of €299 I don't know...

Ooooh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

They have a 27" Bush for 525 euro. Anyone know if Bush T.V.s are good? Can you use the staff discount on these?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I had an old bush 19" LCD and it was fine. The parents are considering getting this, not sure if they should or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

AFAIK, Bush is Grundig rebranded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I've had bush and it was just grand. Stop that laughing down the back :eek: I have that 32" bush from tesco and it is just lovely. Spiffing. First one had a big dead pixel in the centre, they changed it with no quibbles, and no. 2 is great. My mam has the same in 28" and no bother.

Quackles wrote:
    I've had bush and it was just grand. Stop that laughing down the back :eek: I have that 32" bush from tesco and it is just lovely. Spiffing. First one had a big dead pixel in the centre, they changed it with no quibbles, and no. 2 is great. My mam has the same in 28" and no bother.
    Do you have a 360 connected to it? If so what is it like? Any ghosting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Dman001 wrote:
    Do you have a 360 connected to it? If so what is it like? Any ghosting?

Hubby has 360 connected to it all the time (almost literally). It's pretty much perfect, looks fantastic compared to the non-high definition tv it was on before we got this. Bear in mind we have no further experience in HD, but yeah, looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

My dad has a Bush 26in lcd and the scart connections are both very dodgy-no matter what you connect, be it a vcr or sat, you have to fiddle round with the scart leads (push or pull about half way out) to get anything towork properly-
    unfortunatley he didnt connect anything to the tv until it was about 1 month over waranty so we couldnt bring it back to Argos!
    so I would really check the scart connections if you buy a Bush!
    good luck

Okay thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭ Valentina Massive Madwoman

I wouldnt put that stuff in my house if you paid me! People will only think this stuff is good if theyve nothing to compare it too. Spend a few euro more and buy an entry level philips. Much better built tv and the picture will be far superior

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

muincav wrote:
    My dad has a Bush 26in lcd and the scart connections are both very dodgy-no matter what you connect, be it a vcr or sat, you have to fiddle round with the scart leads (push or pull about half way out) to get anything towork properly-
    unfortunatley he didnt connect anything to the tv until it was about 1 month over waranty so we couldnt bring it back to Argos!
    so I would really check the scart connections if you buy a Bush!
    good luck

Take it back anyway. A warranty/guarantee is there to stop people taking it back after an amount of time. Perfectly within your rights to take it back whenever you wish.
    Before guarantees people always took stuff back after x years. Business wanted to limit their liability but couldn't.
    Took the approach of offereing a guarantee (a promise to take it no matter what within a certain period). This later became the implied limit of liability. People believed it so without any law everyone follows it.
    Take them to court and see what the judge says if they mention any word of the guarantee or warranty.
    Do what I do, take everything back. Take it to court. They ALWAYS settle.
    (Of course, only if the product is shoddy or died sooner than I believed it should).

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

ch750536 wrote:
    Take it back anyway. A warranty/guarantee is there to stop people taking it back after an amount of time. Perfectly within your rights to take it back whenever you wish.
    Before guarantees people always took stuff back after x years. Business wanted to limit their liability but couldn't.
    Took the approach of offereing a guarantee (a promise to take it no matter what within a certain period). This later became the implied limit of liability. People believed it so without any law everyone follows it.
    Take them to court and see what the judge says if they mention any word of the guarantee or warranty.
    Do what I do, take everything back. Take it to court. They ALWAYS settle.
    (Of course, only if the product is shoddy or died sooner than I believed it should).

You know what? I think your right and I will take it back! I will let you know how I get on..
    POWER TO THE PEOPLE!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

muincav wrote:
    You know what? I think your right and I will take it back! I will let you know how I get on..
    POWER TO THE PEOPLE!:cool:

Work on the basis that the product is bought with a reasonable life in mind. This is hat the courts are interested in, use the phrase often in letters etc. Its then up to them to argue that reasonable life if much shorter in their opinion. Which supplier\producer is ever going to go to court and argue that their products are of that poor quality that they will only last 2 years!

In reality, companies are so happy with the way that guarantees work in persuading people not to claim what is due to them that they generally sort things out after a couple of letters.

Makes me giggle when I hear 'x was very good, repaired the item even though the guarantee had expired'.

One more thing, when it's agreed to replace\repair the unit make sure that the timeframe is short and the delivery cost is at least shared. Put this in writing too. Most of the time they will pay all costs. If they say it will take 8 months to repair ask for a replacement unit, they will decline, then demand else court etc.

Im on hols now for a few weeks but PM me anyway if you need any help. Bear in mind I know UK law although I have already done this once in Ireland with suspension parts for my car (was 14 months old and went again, replaced without issue, €200)

Advertisement