Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian?

• 17-11-2010 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Anyone here do Italian? I'm in TY at the moment and I'm dropping German next week. I'm going to study Italian outside of school and was just wondering if it's the same layout in the test as German. Do I have to do an oral?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭readystudypass

Yes there is an oral. The chief examiner's report (2009) should give you a good idea of what to expect >>>> http://www.examinations.ie/archive/examiners_reports/LC_Italian_2009.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

And a novel to read. :eek:

To be really honest with you, keep German if you can. It will be very useful in the coming years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I dropped German about 8 weeks into Fifth year, ****ing hated it.

I don't think you'll find italian any easier than German though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LucaValla

Hi I'm an Italian boy I'm living in Dublin, I'm looking for Irish or fluent english people who are interested in doing a "Tandem Program" with me. So you can learn Italian language speaking Italian with me and I can improve my English with you, we can speak one hour Italian and one hour English. Please let me know if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LucaValla

Hi I'm an Italian boy, I'm living in Dublin, I'm looking for Irish people who are interested in doing a "Tandem Program" with me. So you can learn Italian language speaking Italian with me and I can improve my English with you, we can speak one hour Italian and one hour English. Please let me know if you are interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

LucaValla wrote: »
    Hi I'm an Italian boy, I'm living in Dublin, I'm looking for Irish people who are interested in doing a "Tandem Program" with me. So you can learn Italian language speaking Italian with me and I can improve my English with you, we can speak one hour Italian and one hour English. Please let me know if you are interested.

I might be interested in this, I'm thinking of learning Italian. I'd need a few months to build up a foundation, but if I do go ahead with learning it, I could be somewhat ready to do this in September? I'll also be moving to Dublin then.

Advertisement