Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYI Wiki

• 04-06-2007 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Hi there. In a fit on non-studying madness, I decided that I would host the CTYI wiki.
    OVer the years, CTYI students have battled with Wikipedia as to what they can and can not include in the Wiki entry. With the dedicated CTYI wiki, everything and anything can be added so long as it is directly (or indirectly) related to CTYI.
    it is at www.viewfromthequad.com/ctyi and needs a bit of filling out. So far, I have created a Quotes page, a Traditions page and a course details page, but we need much more for this to go anywhere.

Also, we need a logo.

So, anybody willing to start copying the quotes from the relevent threads into the relevant section of the Wiki? (I would, but the Junior Cert looms.)

So, go and make it your own, kiddies.

(If anybody has a graphic that I could use as the logo PM me. Also, if anybody feels generous enough to buy a DotCom (or DotIE) name for it, let me know. It will make it a hell of a lot easier to shamelessly promote at CTYI this year)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I don't feel generous enough to buy a domain but if you're looking for a better address to promote it easier, you could ask these folks for a wiki, not sure you'd have enough suport to get one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

Us CTYI people are so cheap.... :D
    We should have some sort of collection to pay for three years worth or domain name. It would only cost 30 bucks or so for three years. About the www.wikia.com thing, meh. This one is set up. And hosted/controlled by me. So we can do whatever we want with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

It looks good. Fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Well done, email people around or bebo people(can't blieve I just said that......) asking for whatever input they can/want to give and for quotes/stories etc.

Oh! Ask around for video clips/links eg. Pineapple Wedding, Evan beating Kevin. You can get 'em off youtube, or better yet ask the maker David Hanley for 'em. Also, ask Kevin if he'd be prepared to donate some footage from CTYI '05. He could sell/advertise his dvd's of that session on it too, and what about your own reording of the talent show? All the possibilities.........

• Advertisement

And Jeff's many pictures and slideshow! Don't forget the slideshow!

I still haven't gotten my DVD off Kevin. Does it exist at all?

I don't know if I still have a recording of the CTYI talent show... Gosh darn it. I will have to check it out and host it on my own server or something.
    I don't have a bebo addy. Does anybody want to help by making a sort of 'send this to 100 billion ctyiers or get run over by a 4X4. Oh, by the way, add your own stories, traditions and quotes to the CTYI wiki at www.viewfromthequad.com/ctyi' message? Will email Kevin. I'm sure he will donate. He is nice that way.

Anybody care to ask Jeff for the slideshow? Tell him that I will host it.
    (Come on lads... I have over 150GB worth or web hosting to kill. Lets see how much of it we can fill!)

Yup. Lost the Talent show recording. Does anybody still have it? Email me at Cian@viewfromthequad.com and we will sort out a way of getting it to me.

EDIT
    Wait.. Colm has a CD with it on! I wonder if he still has that CD.... That would be great....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Jack Lynch wrote:
    Doubtful. Wonder if we should hunt him down to get our money back...

• Advertisement

He made eg. editted all the clips together so it's made but not burned onto other dvd's yet. Maybe with this website we could encourage him to finish making them and not embark on a brutal campaign of terror against him.......

I can be encouraging! Fire encourages people, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Raphael wrote:
    I can be encouraging! Fire encourages people, right?
    One way to find out.

If this is the Session 2 '05 talent show (Building a Henge, are we...) then I have the recording of it, can upload it over the weekend while in college.

Send it on over. Upload it to somewhere, then send me a link to it and I will host it on my surver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 rawr-im-a-lion

Interesting. I'm not sure what I can contribute, perhaps I could buy a com domain for you. I could get the domain for three years for about $20, but I'd rather just pay for one year in the case that this doesn't work out. (The registrar I'm looking at doesn't offer discounts for buying more than one year at a time, so it doesn't matter) If it does prove worthwhile I'll buy another year or two. Sound good?

Sounds very nice, thank you. Let me know your company name/website or whatever and I will credit you in the -soon to arrive- credit page.

Thanks to all those who have been pimping this over Bebo and so on.
    (Just please make sure that the link aint broken. I'm looking at you, Murry! ;) )
    I hope that this will go a long way, and things are starting to get a little busy over there. Just had our first entry to the Overheard at CTYI section. I hope to be doing a lot of work over then after the JC.

How about a little competition where whoever is the first to make 100 meaningfull entries gets something nice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hug the lemurs

i'll put up any quotes from my quote book ...that will make sense to people who werent in game theory. i'll put them up later

Put up Game Theory qoutes also, just make sure to say who said them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hug the lemurs

will do! its time i put that quotebook to good use:D

Raphael wrote:
    If this is the Session 2 '05 talent show (Building a Henge, are we...) then I have the recording of it, can upload it over the weekend while in college.

Right, I understood none of that. How did you get that DVD? I can't use fire by myself...:(

Wow! The wiki is getting quite popular. We are getting an average of 7 changes a day. (one or two I have to revoke, because they contain things like "OMG!!11!!!! LIKE BEZT COURSE EVAR DONT GO TO THE OTHER GO TO THIS COURSE KAI?!!!1!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Thursday*

As soon as I get on the family computer (I'm on my laptop) I'll put up Sportalian Language and Culture (from the Drama 05 blackboard), the lyrics to Protein by the Fuzz Monkeys (S1 05), and a thing called The Importance of Being Far Away And The Boys In His Pockets that only people who were in Drama in 05 will understand, but which is fun anyway. And I know someone with a Quotebook who's going to blitz the thing with Drama quotes too, and the Declaration of Independence (you know, George Davis) and things like that. This probably doesn't make any sense to anyone, and nobody cares, but there you go. If I forget what I was going to do I can come and look. :)

Sounds like fun. Just make sure to add each to its own page, other then the qoutes. That would stop it freaking people out, yet make them really easy to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Heh, funnily enough I think I found the Session 2 '02 Talent show on cd when I moved back home :D

Should we maybe make a gallery? I just think this would be a big success if everyone contributed whatever memories they have of CTYI (s'long as they're not 'OMG, dis woz de biggest ledgebag RA group ever!!!1!!!!!')

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Jack Lynch wrote:

jesus! i just remembered paying kevin however much money it was in 05 to get one of those dvds. where is it kevin?!
    im preeeeetty sure i have your address. your time draws short...

Should we maybe make a gallery? I just think this would be a big success if everyone contributed whatever memories they have of CTYI (s'long as they're not 'OMG, dis woz de biggest ledgebag RA group ever!!!1!!!!!')

Am getting those daily.

what do you mean by gallery? Do you mean pictures? I can do that quite easily.

Otherwise, memories which can not be called a certain thing, (eg quotes, traditions) might not be what this thing is for. If you can make your memory into an entertaining article, (such as that of the one which explains how to make Sink Jelly on the wiki) then feel free to post it.

• Advertisement

*Drumroll*.... I would like to announce a new feature of www.viewfromthequad.com/ctyi . (the sooner we get a domain name for that, the better.)

CTYI blogs.

I have just finished work on the CTYI blog network, which you can visit by going to www.viewfromthequad.com/ctyi/blogs . (AGAIN with the need for a domain name! It would smooth things out a hell of a lot)
    It is a multiuser version of WordPress, which means that everybody who gets a blog over there will be connected to eachother. This also means that it is easy as pie to update your blog on the fly, so long as you create a profile BEFORE CTYI. You can then log in from any computer and create a blog posting in the amount of time it takes you to type out that you need to say.
    Every profile comes with a whopping 20mb of space to upload pictures and recordings and so forth.

Every blog post gets aggregated to the front page, which shows the last few updated blogs.

Have fun, I hope to expand the functionality of this site even more in the coming weeks. No promises about having other things set up before the start of Session 1, but I have all this set up now.

Anybody care to make a new topic about this?

Advertisement