Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ballad of Gay Tony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

So, um, is the Celebinator supposed to be Irish? He's got the most ludicrous accent I've ever heard.

Yeah that accent is terrible :D. I guess he's supposed to be a p*sstake of that Perez Hilton guy, but I have no idea what he sounds like so who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

So, um, is the Celebinator supposed to be Irish? He's got the most ludicrous accent I've ever heard.

Haha yeah I noticed that too.

I've been playing this all weekend. I'm enjoying it, although it's quite easy.

New cars
    New guns
    More fun stuff
    Checkpoints!!
    Police seem easier to escape from
    Baddies harder to kill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Got the EoLC disc last friday and after completing TLaD i've been playing BoGT the last couple of days. It definitely has some fun missions in it but i hate the main character Luis.

I liked Niko and Johnny but i hate this guy Luis. Other than that though BoGT is quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

Got the EoLC disc last friday and after completing TLaD i've been playing BoGT the last couple of days. It definitely has some fun missions in it but i hate the main character Luis. I liked Niko and Johnny but i hate this guy Luis. Other than that though BoGT is quite good.
    Yeah, I think they unfortunately made Luis very, very masculine fearing the prevalence of homosexuality in the addon whereas Niko and Johnny were likeable because they didn't buy into that kind of ego and remained outside the joke of the city.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I think Luis is quite likeable tbh. It makes more sense because Niko and Johnny was supposed to be likable/down to earth guys but then every mission they murder and mutilate about 40 people for $5K.
    At least Luis doesn't make any bones for this.

I'm a bit disappointed by the Drug Wars. Apparently you get weapons delivered to your safehouse but I've done 15/25 and all I've gotten is the Magnum.
    I remember in GTAIII I collected 95/100 hidden packages and always had an Arsenal outside waiting for me along with the always needed body armour.
    I was hoping for something similar here.

Liking the BASE jumping missions though.

By the way they had the whole
    Brucie the wimp being bullied by his brother side plot is way out of synch. It's an interesting look at why Brucie is the way he is but it makes no sense in the time frame. for exmaple I only started Mori's missions after the Libertonian missions which in GTAIV Brucie was well established by then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Ajos

jayteecork wrote: »

By the way they had the whole
    Brucie the wimp being bullied by his brother side plot is way out of synch. It's an interesting look at why Brucie is the way he is but it makes no sense in the time frame. for exmaple I only started Mori's missions after the Libertonian missions which in GTAIV Brucie was well established by then

I don't know, I buy it. It makes sense to me that
    he could be one way with his brother and another with Roman and Niko without Mori around to undermine him. And another way entirely with Luis if he had his druthers!

Ajos wrote: »
    I don't know, I buy it. It makes sense to me that
    he could be one way with his brother and another with Roman and Niko without Mori around to undermine him. And another way entirely with Luis if he had his druthers!

Exactly.
    He puts on a show in front of Roman and Niko (and everyone else), but his brother is never present. When his brother is there, he makes fun of Brucie and belittles him, causing Brucie to revert to who he really is. It would perfectly explain Brucies overcompensation (well, that and his implied homosexuality). He's had pec implants, takes steriods etc, all to be like his brother. But when his brother is there, Brucies inferiority complex kicks in. The timeline of it doesn't really matter. The only thing that matters is if Mori is in the room or not. To be honest I thought it was a great addition to Brucies character, makes me like him even more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just finished it last night and its absolutely brilliant. Its the first GTA since San Andreas where I actually enjoyed every minute of playing it.

I like Luis as a character, even more than Niko Bellic. I got this whole "scarface" vibe off him during the whole game, and it was confirmed in the mission
    Party's Over where you have to kill the russian attackers in the club - "you wanna play with me??!!!!" and a massive m60 shooting from a balcony :D:D
    . Yusuf is another classic GTA character, golden uzi's buzzards and cars, and a tendency to drop the "n" word too much :D

The music is just top notch, Vice City FM & Vladivostok FM pretty much the only stations I have on now. Still haven't managed to get stuck in to TLAD yet, but I fear it will only be a let down after playing this.

DarkJager wrote: »
    Just finished it last night and its absolutely brilliant. Its the first GTA since San Andreas where I actually enjoyed every minute of playing it.

I like Luis as a character, even more than Niko Bellic. I got this whole "scarface" vibe off him during the whole game, and it was confirmed in the mission
    Party's Over where you have to kill the russian attackers in the club - "you wanna play with me??!!!!" and a massive m60 shooting from a balcony :D:D
    . Yusuf is another classic GTA character, golden uzi's buzzards and cars, and a tendency to drop the "n" word too much :D

The music is just top notch, Vice City FM & Vladivostok FM pretty much the only stations I have on now. Still haven't managed to get stuck in to TLAD yet, but I fear it will only be a let down after playing this.

While I haven't finished TBOGT yet, I thought TLAD was absolutely brilliant. I like Luis more than Niko, but Johnny is my favourite. Awesome characters, brilliant storyline, great missions. My favourite out of the three. Although as I said, I haven't finished TBOGT yet, so my opinion may change

I must get a comfy chair as I can't seem to put in long gaming hours like I used be able to.

I can only play this for 60-90 minutes tops.

I was able to drive around Vice City for hours on end looking for hidden packages, unique stunts and just getting to know the city.

In GTAIV and it's episodes I have no idea about the layout of the city. Granted, taxis are a big cause of this but I wish I could just drive around the way I ised be able to.

Plus I don't drink anymore and I used love playing GTAIII and VC with some beer.

• Advertisement

jayteecork wrote: »
    I must get a comfy chair as I can't seem to put in long gaming hours like I used be able to.

I can only play this for 60-90 minutes tops.

I was able to drive around Vice City for hours on end looking for hidden packages, unique stunts and just getting to know the city.

In GTAIV and it's episodes I have no idea about the layout of the city. Granted, taxis are a big cause of this but I wish I could just drive around the way I ised be able to.

Plus I don't drink anymore and I used love playing GTAIII and VC with some beer.

One of the reasons I didn't really like San Andreas. It was just too big. You never really knew where you were. In Vice City and GTAIII, you'd recognise a building on nearly every street and know where you are. Then you'd know what there is to do in that area.

GTAIV is tough to just drive around and stuff, but I find it a lot better than San Andreas.

I agree about the hidden packages and stuff too. I remember in GTAIII and Vice City, I spent ages trying to find them all, but found some other great things too (After spending nearly 10 minutes walking slowly across walls and having to make perfect jumps, I finally got to an area where I thought there'd be a hidden package. This is what I found:

ywstobehere.jpg

I admit though, it was worth it because I laughed about that for ages :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I have a question about the BoGT addon, I'd prefare to download it like I did with LatD but I read a rumor that the Vice City radio station is only included with the disc version, can anyone clear this up? otherwise I'll end up buying the Lost and Damned twice.

Thanks.

I have a question about the BoGT addon, I'd prefare to download it like I did with LatD but I read a rumor that the Vice City radio station is only included with the disc version, can anyone clear this up? otherwise I'll end up buying the Lost and Damned twice.

Thanks.

Vice City FM is only available on the disc.

Thanks.

Yes.
    There are 3 new stations only available on the disc version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Well i finished TBOGT earlier. Good fun but the series is definitely getting old. They need to revamp it.

Ive a question though.
    At the end of the game you kill bulgarin after all the russians come after you and that roco fella leaves. So you get rid of all the russians and luis and tony are like they finally got out of the rut they were in...but what the hell has happened the Italians all of a sudden? They were gunning for them and you even kill one of the italians and nearly kill roco. Is it just forgotten about??

joe123 wrote: »
    Well i finished TBOGT earlier. Good fun but the series is definitely getting old. They need to revamp it.

Ive a question though.
    At the end of the game you kill bulgarin after all the russians come after you and that roco fella leaves. So you get rid of all the russians and luis and tony are like they finally got out of the rut they were in...but what the hell has happened the Italians all of a sudden? They were gunning for them and you even kill one of the italians and nearly kill roco. Is it just forgotten about??
    The Italians had no real grudge against Luis and Tony, it was Bulgarin that was requesting the favor. As Bulgarin is now dead, and Luis let Rocco Live, there is no further need for the mafia to target them.

I'm not sure is it confined to just the one plane but.....

Did anyone notice the tricolour on the back of the plane during the mission where you have to stop the plane from taking off?
    I got killed pretty quickly after trying to have a second look {instead of trying to get straight out of there}

Finished it last night too. Really enjoyed it.
    Happy Bulgarin got his comeuppance, I was wondering what happened to him in GTAIV and why he was never seen again

It was nice to see the parachutes back, they were implemented well into the game. Some of the new weapons like the explosive shotgun shells were great too. And some of the new characters like Yusuf and Mori were brilliant. Brucie stole the show, even though he was barely in it

I still preferred TLAD though, and I'm going to start playing through it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Finally finished TLAD started BOGT.
    Brilliant both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

TBoGT is easily the best GTA yet if I can say that. Without doubt Luis Lopez is my favourite ever protagonist in the series. The story is engaging and relevant. Plenty of new vehicles, weapons, music and activities in the game. Two of my favourite ever GTA vehicles are in this (I don't think they were in the main story), the Buffalo (Mustang, I think) and the Bullet GT (Ford GT40).

All in all well, well worth 1600 points. Compare it to the 560 I paid for L4Ds Crash Course DLC and it is no comparison in terms of quality. Quite surprised with Valve at that, but that's another story.

And Yusuf is damn funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Can anyone find this person, I must have searched all around this area and cant find the female
    2011-10-31012526.jpg

Its right beside tonys club

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Mc Love wrote: »
    Can anyone find this person, I must have searched all around this area and cant find the female
    2011-10-31012526.jpg

Its right beside tonys club

Bit hazy as I last played the story very early on in the summer, but I think either she's downstairs beside the bar or upstairs (street level) in the office. Either way I'm fairly sure she's in Maisonette 9.

Must be in the office because i dont think she is outside or even on the disused railway above the club or in the bar.

Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I think theres a few of them that only appear at certain times of the day.

Finally got to her, she was beside the bar. Her icon turned blue too just before i met her

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭nowayjosie

When I log on to GTA PS3 tbogt I dont get a multiplayer option it just goes straight on to the game - have you any ideas of how i can play online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

nowayjosie wrote: »
    When I log on to GTA PS3 tbogt I dont get a multiplayer option it just goes straight on to the game - have you any ideas of how i can play online

*Star Wars Ben Voice*
    Use The Phone Luke

*Star Wars Ben Voice*
    Use The Phone Luke

thanks very good idea - maybe your medication needs reviewing perhaps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

nowayjosie wrote: »
    thanks very good idea - maybe your medication needs reviewing perhaps!!

The in game "phone" has the multiplayer option. press up or down on the d-pad i think.

• Advertisement

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    The in game "phone" has the multiplayer option. press up or down on the d-pad i think.

will try that thanks a million your a star :D

Advertisement