Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Nations

• 06-02-2009 7:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

First weekend of the 6 Nations drawing close. I've had a few bets so far:

Wales (-2) and (-3) @ 10/11 against Scotland. I backed this a few weeks ago when Sybet went up with -2 and then again on Wednesday (-3) when i saw the Scotland team. I just thought the line was wrong and Wales should have been stronger favorites.

I've had a small bet on France +4 @ 10/11 against Ireland too with Ladbrokes. Again, i think 4 points is bit too big a handicap to expect ireland to cover.

Other bets:

L Fitzgerald Top Irish Tryscorer @ 10/1 (1/4 1st 4) - ladbrokes
    D Wallace Top Irish Tryscorer @ 28/1 (1/4 1st 4) - Ladbrokes
    M Medard Top French Tryscorer @ 8/1 (1/4 1st 3) - Hills

Anyone else have anything interesting?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

I'm going down the same road, Although I think in the first match, I think the Brits will have a tough time to over come -15 HC to Italy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm going down the same road, Although I think in the first match, I think the Brits will have a tough time to over come -15 HC to Italy..

Who?

Sorry... (Bows down)... "The English...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Offas Dyke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The welsh always have a tough time against the scottish in murrayfield. I think the Italians +15 is a good one, or even possibly Italy/England HT/FT.

• Advertisement

The welsh always have a tough time against the scottish in murrayfield. I think the Italians +15 is a good one, or even possibly Italy/England HT/FT.

Very true, Its been years since Wales has done anything decent in Murray field.
    With Paddy power, Wales are 1-2 to win, yet the handicap is only 5..
    I think thats a bit weird...

Can't see Italy scoring that much, although they love a close game and have a strong pack, they are hard to wear down and score against..

Best time of the year in my eyes...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Italy have no scrumhalf all three are injured and theyre having to play bergamasco a flanker at SH so i dont think they'll cover the handicap Engerland will have too much in the backs for them with Sackey and Cueto in great form, plus I dont think the strict refereeing of the the breakdown and contact areas will suit Italy's forward orientated game and can see them struggling to adapt and giving away a huge amount of Peno's

• Registered Users Posts: 7,327 ✭✭✭Trampas

France +4 looks a good bet

• Registered Users Posts: 34 feelinfoul

1/2 time h/cap-scotland +3 v's wales 10/11 pp
    scotland will put up a gallant battle for 50 mins but wales will tough it out and win
    And,france 5/4 with pp
    ireland have only beaten france 3 times in the last 26 meetings,france were v good in autumn internationals,probably a no try game again for ireland...
    thats my double

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I think Wales -5 against is good value given the form they're in coming into these championships from the autumn internationals.

I could see England beating Italy but it'll be tight given the tactics Italy look to be employing, the English might have a job on their hands getting the ball back with the Italians constantly picking and driving.

And the Irish game is too much of a lottery to be betting on. Too many unanswered questions on both sides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭midger

David Wallace to score a try versus France 5/1
    Luke Fitzgerald to score first try versus France 11/1
    Those are my two bets for today.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Have David Wallace to get first try in the France Ireland game.
    18/1 @ Boyle.

Ireland should play a Munster style forwards game under Kidney and I fancy Wallace to force his way over.

Also have Chelski, Ireland, England, Liverpool accum @ just over 3/1, and an England/Ireland handicap double.

Right.. Having a monkey on Wales -5...
    Either way im going to have a sore head in the morning...:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Good win there had 110 myself . They took there foot off and wast getting a bit close at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Will bet BOD for top tryscorer...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Lads any of yous have a bet on the Ireland a /England a match . I heard a whisper during the week England wernt much good so had 400 on Ireland on betfair at 9/4 . Noticed that Ireland came in to 6/4 before the off. Then the English pansies wouldn't play!!!!!!

Well its no secret about England, they didn't play great last week to say the least...
    Looked everywhere for prices for this game, If 9/4 is right then its the bet of the 6 nations..

Ireland @ home and the way England played in the first match... 9/4 just sounds too good in my eyes..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Don't think you can read too much into England beating Portugal 66-0 but I wouldn't be saying it was a bad performance either.

9/4 for Ireland at home was a good price IMO. Well done on the spot. Shame the game didn't go ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ Angel Cuddly Eve

BHes talking about the A games. The English have more depth then we do player wise when it comes to the second string., and had the likes of dannhy cipriani fielding for the Saxons.

Betting on Ireland would have been far from a safe bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I had money on England A in that game. Thought they were decent value.

Unsure about this weeks handicaps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Ireland A v Scotland A

Are we good enough to give 7 pts away - what is current form like??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

just saw this bet on paddy power: italy-ireland: number of 2nd half tries over 1.5 @ 8/15. cracking bet.

BOD first tryscorer win or each way on PP 12/1.. I'm new to pady power online so does this win or e/w just mean if Ireland win or lose? Or if BOD scores a try first or not?

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question.

nvm, figured it out thanks..If he scores first I get the quoted odds. If he scores 2nd or third I get half my stake at 1/4 of the odds!

My bets on 6 nations:

France v Scotland
    France by 21-30 @ 7/2

Wales v England
    England by 1-10 @ 9-2

Italy v Ireland
    Ireland by 11-20 @3/1

&

Italy v Ireland
    Ireland by 21-30 (just in case) @ 4/1

Italy v Ireland
    B O'Driscoll first tryscorer e/w @ 12/1

Gonna invest in the two best teams this week..
    Wales and Ireland with their handicaps..

Even though Shane Williams is out I still have to go against England, as for Ireland then if last week is anything to go by then...

Make an interesting double..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

13/02/2009

€10.00 To Win
    Fourfolds from 5

Wales v England
    England (+7.0)
    5 - 4

France v Scotland
    France (-19.0)
    6 - 5

Italy v Ireland
    Ireland (-15.0)
    11 - 10

Sporting Gijon v Real Madrid
    Real Madrid
    8 - 13

Real Betis v Barcelona
    Barcelona
    8 - 15

€12.50 To Win - Trebles from 5
    Wales v England
    England (+7.0)
    5 - 4

France v Scotland
    France (-19.0)
    6 - 5

Italy v Ireland
    Ireland (-15.0)
    11 - 10

Real Madrid
    8 - 13

Real Betis v Barcelona
    Barcelona
    8 - 15

€25.01 To Win - Accumulator (5)
    Wales v England
    England (+7.0)
    5 - 4

France v Scotland
    France (-19.0)
    6 - 5

Italy v Ireland
    Ireland (-15.0)
    11 - 10

Real Madrid
    8 - 13

Real Betis v Barcelona
    Barcelona
    8 - 15

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

just saw this bet on paddy power: italy-ireland: number of 2nd half tries over 1.5 @ 8/15. cracking bet.

Agreed , lump on

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

France look like killing a lot of bets. Terrible match so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

famagusta wrote: »
    Agreed , lump on

i did, but ended up being a nervous wreck lol!!! never thought it would be that close.

Very nerve wracking weekend for rugby betters!

• Advertisement

Gonna invest in the two best teams this week..
    Wales and Ireland with their handicaps..

Even though Shane Williams is out I still have to go against England, as for Ireland then if last week is anything to go by then...

Make an interesting double..

Close but no cigar.. Wales killed the bet by 1 point...!!

Advertisement