Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC on FX: Alves v Kampmann

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Speaking of Silva/Sonnen, my excitement was dwindling since it's been dragged out so much. Then I saw this, by Nicktheface

When the fight is officially booked and promos start for it, I can see it being the most promoted fight since GSP v BJ 2! And even if UFC don't do the promo, you know Chael will be everywhere talking sh*t, Jim Rome, MMA Live, Ready Steady Cook! Everywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Speaking of Silva/Sonnen, my excitement was dwindling since it's been dragged out so much. Then I saw this, by Nicktheface

I think Chael will start the hype once we get a confirmation from Dana and it gets closer to the event, that trailer certainly is immense! Posted it on another forum and on FB :)

The fan-made trailers I've seen recently have been very impressive, the Frankie Edgar 'Rocky' video, the Japan anime one and now this.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Denners.ie

Alves you clown

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

F me what a win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Hide the Rum

YES! hahaha Alves could not believe he got caught in that guillotine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Florian did well to spot that. Looked like nothing from the camera shot.

It's at times like this I miss Joe Rogan. I bet he's going nuts right now watching this at home. He went ballistic during Botcsh's comeback over Okami last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

All the best to Kampmann. A man with blood dripping from his beard in an interview deserves a pat on the back. :D

Holy crap!

Dana just announced at the presser that the commission messed up the scorecards and Johnson v McCall was actually a draw and should've went to a 4th round.

Unbelievable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Hide the Rum

Good stuff! Rematch is in April. I've no problem watching that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Holy crap!

Dana just announced at the presser that the commission messed up the scorecards and Johnson v McCall was actually a draw and should've went to a 4th round.

Unbelievable!
    I spotted that at the time. Buffet announced majority decision, which means one judge gave a draw. But he also announced Creepy took it 29-28 on the first card.

I was hoping it was a draw cos i think a 4th would of left it clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

disappointed to see Jake Hecht lose, but that was a top class armbar that waldburger caught him. He'll bounce back and be a better fighter for it.

Good night of fights over all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Holy crap!

Unbelievable!

Will DJ still get the win on that or will it retrospectively be made a No Contest?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

gimmick wrote: »
    Will DJ still get the win on that or will it retrospectively be made a No Contest?

It will go down as a draw, as that's what the judges scored it afaik

gimmick wrote: »

I presume it'll go down a draw.

What's certain though is they're gonna rematch. Apparently in April if both guys can do it! It's an absolute joke!
    Initially, Johnson was declared the winner via 28-29, 29-28 and 29-28 scores. Later, Johnson was declared the majority-decision victor via 29-28, 29-29 and 29-28 scores. However, according to a commission official, one judge had scored the final round 10-8, which was overlooked during tabulations. So the final scores were 28-28, 29-29, 29-28 (Johnson got the 29-28 score).

Zuffa should've known when the scheduled a tournament that SOMETHING was gonna f*ck up!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fiddle Castro

Did ESPN / UPC get the time wrong on this?

Looks like they had it starting an hour late

Must've been UPC because it was right on Sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Yeah very dissapointing, started at 3 and it was at the end of the third in the mccoll johnson fight

Looks like it, pain in the ass as it started late in the 3rd round in the McCall fight

Thanks

• Advertisement

F*cking idiots!

Then idiot me decided to check if the recording I'd scheduled for MMA Live picked up the earlier fights & it started on rd. 3 of the McGee fight with .09 left.

Real shame we didn't get to see the 4th rd of the MM / Uncle Creepy fight.

Then idiot me decided to check if the recording I'd scheduled for MMA Live picked up the earlier fights & it started on rd. 3 of the McGee fight with .09 left.

Real shame we didn't get to see the 4th rd of the MM / Uncle Creepy fight.

I mean, how can UPC make a mistake like this. Surely they got the same listigs Sky got? Clowns!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

They do mess up the times occasionally on UPC for events, or you can set the recording and then they move the event forward or back an hour on the planner. There's normally a UFC Unleashed or something starts around midnight before an event. If you set that to record & then change the time to around 6am for the recording to stop it'll record it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    They do mess up the times occasionally on UPC for events, or you can set the recording and then they move the event forward or back an hour on the planner. There's normally a UFC Unleashed or something starts around midnight before an event. If you set that to record & then change the time to around 6am for the recording to stop it'll record it all.
    quiet annoying though. so we have to record the programme before and have to fast forward through the whole thing in case they started early, i always though the live main event started a certain time and that the broadcasters would know what time this was, surely it cant be that hard to get it right! I already record longer because of loss of the end of the card but this early start is a new one for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Thats mad my Sky box missed the last few minutes of the main event. Missed the choke. Cannot believe they ****ed up to the DJ fight. Not sure how you can't give him the 1st but I've no doubt he'll destroy him in the rematch. Will be lumping big on him.

Xlami wrote: »
    Cannot believe they ****ed up to the DJ fight. Not sure how you can't give him the 1st but I've no doubt he'll destroy him in the rematch. Will be lumping big on him.

I said before that Mccoll was too big a price. Wish I had of followed through with it no.

Fightmetric stats.
    http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/03/johnson-vs-mccall-official-ufc.html

Suggests 28-28 is a fair result. Which is how I scored it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

What did people think of the Penner v Perosh fight? Surely the referee should have held fire on the stoppage?

Why?
    He was warned to defend himself. But was just laying there.
    He need to do something to try get out of that situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    What did people think of the Penner v Perosh fight? Surely the referee should have held fire on the stoppage?

I'm not sure i have to say.

A large part of me thinks the ref shouldn't worry too much about the time left in the bout and should just try and make the same call if there is only one second to go that he would make if there was one minute to go.

Advertisement