Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to AIT in September

• 17-07-2012 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

So il be starting my course in in September,whats it like here? any places to avoid? clubs to go to?

What is the campus life like? :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ciara32065

Hey I am starting here in September too! What course are you doing? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Hey I'm studying Jam making, what are you guys studying?

I am doing basket weaving!

Devo! :'( Would you repeat to get it?! We could've been BFF's!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Yedya

Software Design.Im looking foward to it :) You?

• Advertisement

Awh that's cool :) ! I am going to do dental nursing! :)

More importantly :p are you good at drinking? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SaveMeBarry

I'm hoping to do audiology in AIT in September :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Flashpoint

If ur going for a house etc keep away from willow park it can be rough down there, battery heights is a rough place but its the other side of town from the college tho. The night life and campus are as good as any other college in ireland, Clubs= Genesis, Q, karma. Late-bars= the prince, coppers, suede. The student bar is in campus and very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 martin555

where ye thinking about staying ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 RenatavonB

Hi everyone! :)

I'm Renáta, I'll be going to athlone in september too, I was looking at apartments yesterday and I'm just wondering is there any other girls looking for someone to share with?

I don't know anyone else going there and would like a nice flatmate!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭minion35

Hi guys, just finished my degree in AIT, the main advice I would give is to stay away from the rougher parts of town. Willow can be ok for the first 2/3 rows but I wouldn't walk around it too much on my own if I were ye. As a town Athlone has a good vibe and a friendly atmosphere. Theirs lots of stuff to do like:

• Bowling
    • A cinema
    • Two large shopping centres.
    • Lots of great restaurants/ takeaways.
    • The college offers a vast range of clubs and socs, everything from Football and Rugby to Anime and Games.
    Just remember it's not all about the boozing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 surenow

The student bar is really good. Genesis of a weds night is a must! Willow has a name for being rough but if you are looking to meet really good mates and go to unreal house parties Willow should be where you wanna go. Deffo for first year anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Greendaaygirl

Im not a student in athlone but Have spent alot of time around the campus and nightclubs, scribes the college bar is great craic you met some brillant people there and its a great way for starting the night especially if your heading to gensis after, gensis is a nightclub just up from the college, some people think its crappy but some the best nights for me have been in gensis. then in town the nightclubs are Q and Karma word of warning lads wont get into karma with white runners on. Q on the other hand is easier going and alot better then karma hands down.

as for accomadation willow has a bad name, but the first 3 rows of houses are okay the further in tho can be abit rougher, nice enough houses and good prices. Rockbrook is also nice big apartments well worth a look! and if you can afford it heatherview court apartments are amazing!

Cheers lads

Hope you all got your courses! I got Dental Nursing! Can't wait for Freshers week! Bring on the pints! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Jojo_94

I got software design cant wait :)
    RenatavonB wrote: »
    Hi everyone! :)

I'm Renáta, I'll be going to athlone in september too, I was looking at apartments yesterday and I'm just wondering is there any other girls looking for someone to share with?

I don't know anyone else going there and would like a nice flatmate!

:)

Im looking for a place for apartments beside ait too and was thinking about sharing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

going back this sep (2nd year), can't wait!!

Ciara32065 wrote: »
    Hope you all got your courses! I got Dental Nursing! Can't wait for Freshers week! Bring on the pints! :)

**** ya,can't wait!!! :)
    Any Idea when all the courses start?

10th for 1st years

• Advertisement

Is anyone else finding it difficult to find accommodation in athlone? :confused:

Jojo_94 wrote: »
    Is anyone else finding it difficult to find accommodation in athlone? :confused:

No,what about croi oige?

www.croioige.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭vinamax

Flashpoint wrote: »
    Late-bars= the prince, coppers, suede.

Suede is Looooooong gone...

vinamax wrote: »
    Flashpoint wrote: »
    Late-bars= the prince, coppers, suede.

Suede is Looooooong gone...
    Never even heard of it :D

Yedya wrote: »
    No,what about croi oige?

www.croioige.com/

I rang and they said its all full. The only two places i could find with places left was wellmount (dont really like cause of the long walk to college) and Killmacoo (haven't a clue about but going to view it tomorrow) all other student accommodation seems to be full :(

Wellmount is about just over10mins walk, not a million miles away!

wesf wrote: »
    Wellmount is about just over10mins walk, not a million miles away!

Young girl, on my own, rather not walk that fair on a dark winters evening ya know. some of us can still remember the attacks that took place around that area rather get through college without that :cool:

Well that could happen anywhere, also you'll make friends and unless you'd be planning on walking at all hours you'd be safe enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭TimeClock18

Jojo_94 wrote: »
    Young girl, on my own, rather not walk that fair on a dark winters evening ya know. some of us can still remember the attacks that took place around that area rather get through college without that :cool:

Try Heatherview? Can't imagine its full?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 1991cdj

yeah i rang croi oige and its full along with that glen abhainn place. Rang wellmount a few minutes ago and they said their full too . Gonna take a trip up t Athlone tomorrow to try sort out accomodation. I read a terrible review on that kilmacoo place on one of these threads but gonna go up and view a place there anyway not many other options :(

Advertisement