Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male Doctors taking advantage of female patients

• 22-03-2012 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I found this link
    http://www.sexualmisconductbydoctors.com/femaletips.aspx

I have to agree a lot of it makes sense, I've noticed that male doctors to get women to remove their tops when in for something compared to a male patient

I think breast exams are pointless by doctors, women are very breast aware and so are their partners if they notice a lump or a change they would know, I think doctors include breast exams to get a look and a feel, I was told to strip off one time for a doctor and when I questioned it he backed off

I think women are taken advantage off my male doctors, it's Irish society you dont question the priest, the police, and doctors, etc

Just some food for thought

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ms_Taurus wrote: »
    I found this link

I have to agree a lot of it makes sense, I've noticed that male doctors to get women to remove their tops when in for something compared to a male patient

I think breast exams are pointless by doctors, women are very breast aware and so are their partners if they notice a lump or a change they would know, I think doctors include breast exams to get a look and a feel, I was told to strip off one time for a doctor and when I questioned it he backed off

I think women are taken advantage off my male doctors, it's Irish society you dont question the priest, the police, and doctors, etc

Sure just don't do anything you deem inappropriate, if you are there for say a sore finger then asking you to take your top off for a breast examination is well......

Use your head.

I think women are taken advantage off my male doctors

And that's a very generalised sweeping statement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I found this link

I have to agree a lot of it makes sense, I've noticed that male doctors to get women to remove their tops when in for something compared to a male patientI think breast exams are pointless by doctors, women are very breast aware and so are their partners if they notice a lump or a change they would know, I think doctors include breast exams to get a look and a feel, I was told to strip off one time for a doctor and when I questioned it he backed off

Have you ever been a male patient?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭howsyourtusk

Well that looks like a reputable website, very green :)

www.sexualmisconductbydoctors.com

:D unbelieveable - a whole website dedicated to this !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I think breast exams are pointless by doctors

Jesus, what an amazing thing to say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I would say 80% of the time I have gone to a doctor I have been asked to remove my top. I am male.

Quick google and you'll find this linked to some "charitable" foundation with connections to a christian group or a pro-life group or the republican party or some such rubbish. Modesty or Cancer? Which would you prefer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I've never been asked to remove my top by any doctor male or female, only one consultant, even when I was being examined they have always had the utmost respect and been completely appropriate. I have actually found female doctors have been more likely to just shove their hand up my top to "examine" me with little or no warning, male doctors have always asked politely.

I had to go to the consultant for a breast tissue problem a while back, when examining me he did something that I thought was odd at first but when I realised why I have to say I appreciated his dedication! He closed his eyes, turning his head upwards like you do if you're thinking. He was going by touch alone to get the best idea of what it was he was feeling for, I thought that was a sign of a man who did his job well, he wasn't letting the fact that nothing was visibly wrong influence his diagnosis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Quick google and you'll find this linked to some "charitable" foundation with connections to a christian group or a pro-life group or the republican party or some such rubbish. Modesty or Cancer? Which would you prefer?
    Aye. I found a website before about how breastfeeding is perverted and child abuse. This one reminds me of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Good God what an ugly and misinformed website. Way to sully the name of medical practitioners. Utter tripe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

i think male doctors take advantage of male patients

always making us take off our pants and sticking their finger up our bums

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I had a male doctor fondle my balls once, I can't believe all this time I thought it was for medical purposes. Had I known he just wanted to cop a feel I may have worn something a little prettier that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I think breast exams are pointless by doctors...
    I don't like to post here, as I'm not a lady, but...

My grandmother died of cancer with started with breast cancer when I was a nipper.
    I watched my mother die a slow and painful death of cancer which started out as breast cancer.

Only an outright ignorant (as in lack of knowledge) fool would proclaim that breast exams by medical professionals are pointless.

Ladies, get checked often, it could save your lives.

Dudess wrote: »
    Aye. I found a website before about how breastfeeding is perverted and child abuse. This one reminds me of it.

Have a read of this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/the-lay-scientist/2011/oct/20/1

Woman on the BBC who accused teachers who discuss sex education with kids of being perverts for "wanting" to do so. You know every one of these people is a closeted gay person with 15 failed marriages and a gay, Jewish, black son :D

I had a male doctor fondle my balls once, I can't believe all this time I thought it was for medical purposes. Had I known he just wanted to cop a feel I may have worn something a little prettier that day.

I had a female one do it and let her, I didn't make a complaint, there was no point who'd have believed me anyways:rolleyes: :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭MiseryCat

sea_monkey wrote: »

http://youtu.be/HQSWOpUcYTo

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I think women are taken advantage off by male doctors
    Pretty outrageous thing to say. And actually no, many women aren't breast aware.
    I'd say lots of male doctors are afraid of their lives when examining women and children - all it takes is one false allegation of inappropriate touching to destroy them professionally and personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭ceegee

The amount of rubbish in that link is unbelievable. Men rarely get asked to remove their tops by doctors??? Bullsh**. Never allow a friend/family recommend a male gyno?? Yeah, who cares if hes highly respected and top of his field - he has a penis so will definitly try and rape you.

Apart from being laughably incorrect, tripe like this can scare people out of getting themselves checked out and might prevent early intervention. Sometimes we need to undergo tests that make us feel slightly uncomfortable in order to prevent/treat illness. IMO its a fair trade off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

sea_monkey wrote: »

Worth the €50 every time Lolz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

02-05-2007, 22:38 #10
    Ms_Taurus

Adverts | Friends
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Faith
    Nah, OP, it's perfectly normal. Most women have one breast bigger than the other. I always have, but I doubt anyone's ever noticed it but me. You'd want to be paying really close attention to notice something like that. In fact, I was discussing it with my best friend before and hers are the same, she said.
    Thanks for the replies, the hubbie is a doctor i gor the all clear from him.

Yes my husband would notice if i grew an extra hair on my nipple!!

Seriously i could not wear chicken fillets in a bikini, going topless is outof the question i'd be too embarraced with droopy uneven boobs.

Are you and the hubby having a row this morning ?

mattjack wrote: »
    02-05-2007, 22:38 #10
    Ms_Taurus

Adverts | Friends
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Faith
    Nah, OP, it's perfectly normal. Most women have one breast bigger than the other. I always have, but I doubt anyone's ever noticed it but me. You'd want to be paying really close attention to notice something like that. In fact, I was discussing it with my best friend before and hers are the same, she said.
    Thanks for the replies, the hubbie is a doctor i gor the all clear from him.

Yes my husband would notice if i grew an extra hair on my nipple!!

Seriously i could not wear chicken fillets in a bikini, going topless is outof the question i'd be too embarraced with droopy uneven boobs.

Are you and the hubby having a row this morning ?

Maybe the OP is jealous of her husband looking at 60 year old tits

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

I had a male female doctor fondle my balls once, I can't believe all this time I thought it was for medical purposes. Had I known he she just wanted to cop a feel I may have worn something a little prettier that day.

My story....Only in today's Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

wait...does mean that prostate exam counts as anal? fcuker didnt even buy me dinner.

krudler wrote: »
    wait...does mean that prostate exam counts as anal? fcuker didnt even buy me dinner.

or alcopops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm always encouraging my female GP to be more proactive about my twice-weekly prostate checks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

stovelid wrote: »
    I'm always encouraging my female GP to be more proactive about my twice-weekly prostate checks.

One in the bum, no harm done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Up the mucker, no babies.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Maybe the OP is jealous of her husband looking at 60 year old tits
    murrayp4 wrote: »
    My story....Only in today's Sun.
    krudler wrote: »
    mattjack wrote: »
    or alcopops
    Up the mucker, no babies.

That's it, you'se all just ruined a perfectly good thread,even you Mattjack.Im gonna ban myself from this thread to teach myself a lesson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

Acoshla wrote: »
    I've never been asked to remove my top by any doctor male or female, only one consultant, even when I was being examined they have always had the utmost respect and been completely appropriate. I have actually found female doctors have been more likely to just shove their hand up my top to "examine" me with little or no warning, male doctors have always asked politely.

This! Any time I've had a male doctor give me a breast exam it's all very calm and polite questions and saying things like 'If at any point you feel uncomfortable' etc. Where as some of the lady doctors just seem to be taking my blood pressure one minute and the next thing I know they're giving me a honk.

Might be a bit of a 'we're all girls together' thing going on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement