Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Em up 3 :confused: Completely don't know why. I used all my points and my weeklies possibly a couple over but no way justifying 3. I was so good for the whole week. I'm sick at the moment, swollen glands and an ear infection and I've been on antibiotics since yesterday. I haven't been able to exercise proper all week. Could that all factor?

I would be the first to put my hands up and say it was my fault but I'm a little stumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Em up 3 :confused: Completely don't know why. I used all my points and my weeklies possibly a couple over but no way justifying 3. I was so good for the whole week. I'm sick at the moment, swollen glands and an ear infection and I've been on antibiotics since yesterday. I haven't been able to exercise proper all week. Could that all factor?

I would be the first to put my hands , up and say it was my fault but I'm a little stumped.

Hi MaggieMay2 - it could be to do with the antibotics, they may have you retaining water, i know when im sick like that im always bloated and feel heavier, try not to let it get you down, draw a line under it and start your new week now. hopefuly next week you will see some good results!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Nesie

Monife wrote: »
    Girls, i'm the same but felt too ashamed to post. Was very bold at the weekend and also can't get properly back on track. Tiny, you are like my twin, I too had a cereal this morning and didn't weigh it like I usually do and had a packet of tayto for afternoon break instead of usually a WW bar or fruit :( I have also sent myself into a downward spiral of depression after stepping on my home scales. Showing a gain of 3lb. If it's not fluid retention and I see that number at WI on Thursday, I will be so upset. It's taken me 7 weeks to lose 7.5lb so gaining 3lb almost makes it not even worth while. It makes me think, why do I bother, working so hard and then going out at the weekend (which inevitably is going to happen at least once a month, I can't/don't want to become a hermit just because I want to lose weight) and then ending up back at square one.

I'm the same. Can I give myself a week off (WI is friday) and start again saturday? would that work???

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Boop22 wrote: »
    I was up in Omni yesterday and they have this new shop up the boots/cinema end of the car park called Dealz. It is really really good. Everything in the shop is €1.49 and they have a decent selection of ww foods too. Worth a visit if you're in the area:D

There is one of those in blanchardstown too... My sister works out there so I I always get her to get me a few bits.... Im not a huge fan of all the WW gear, some stuff is more pp than if you make the stuff yourself or the Tesco/marks & sparks stuff.... but its handy to have some of the snacky things.... got the sundried tomato crackers... mmmmm yum yum!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

messrs wrote: »
    Hi MaggieMay2 - it could be to do with the antibotics, they may have you retaining water, i know when im sick like that im always bloated and feel heavier, try not to let it get you down, draw a line under it and start your new week now. hopefuly next week you will see some good results!

Thanks messrs. Ah yea it's grand weirdly it's not getting to me. I would be kicking myself if I knew it was deserved and be annoyed by the 3 but like I said i can't see why I am so I'm putting it down to a reason and my body playing up. New week in the morning and it should right itself, fingers crossed. 3lb can take me up to a month to loose...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Lads if I can do it anyone can, I was classed as obese on Sept 1st 2011, my BMI is now 24.

That's bloody brilliant Das Kitty! Good on ya! :cool:

I was down 2 lbs today, but just by the skin of my teeth! Have been a write-off the last few weekends - overdoing it Saturdays & Sundays and then having to work like hell on Mondays & Tuesdays, before WI on Wednesdays! My legs are aching from walking miles the last 2 days! WHY, oh WHY, do I do it?!! :mad: :rolleyes:

Promising myself I am going to behave this weekend! :p

Well done Ladies & Gents on yer losses this week too, btw! By the way, these F&H days ye speak about - what are they in a nutshell? :confused: I'm not attending classes (just this one here on boards!;)), so I'm not clued up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭Fiona

Stupid question but if you are doing a healthy and filling food day would you need to count a weight watchers meal or could you just eat it since it is a calorie controlled food and portion?

they seem to be bigging up the F&H days at the classes this week... Mary (my leader) had loadsa posters up about it... I couldn't stay for the meeting, but i had been lookin into it the last few days.... if I had have got the nimble bread in tesco I would have tried it out tomorrow...

Basically, from what I understand, you can have whatever you like from the F&H food list without pointing and anything thats not on the list is taken from your 49 weeklies...

I might try it out over the weekend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

ali85 wrote: »
    they seem to be bigging up the F&H days at the classes this week... Mary (my leader) had loadsa posters up about it... I couldn't stay for the meeting, but i had been lookin into it the last few days.... if I had have got the nimble bread in tesco I would have tried it out tomorrow...

Basically, from what I understand, you can have whatever you like from the F&H food list without pointing and anything thats not on the list is taken from your 49 weeklies...

I might try it out over the weekend...

Do you have a link for the F&H food list ali?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tubbydave

Well done tubbydave!!! 2lb down... thats brilliant!!! especially seen as you are eating normal bread.... I hate the WW bread... can't abide it at all... the Hovis Nimble is better for the same pp... or look for low value wraps. Also I found that the hot dog rolls.... We have bundys here (not sure if they are available in scotland, i know i couldn't find them when i lived in glasgow... ) these hot dog rolls are only 4pp... they are soooo nice and sweet and yummy!!! Or the burger buns in Aldi are only 3pp... Im such a wagon for bread so i go mental pointing in that aisle of the supermarket... :)

Thank you ali :)
    them burger rolls from aldi sound perfect
    we dont have a bundys but will definetley be getting them burger rolls are they just aldi brand?

Thanks again

Dave :D:D:D

• Advertisement

twirlagig wrote: »

I will have a goo around for ya....see if i can get something with the list on it.... Its in the books you get in class but i will see if i can dig out a link.... :)

twirlagig wrote: »

whihoooooooo that was a lot easier to find than i thought! :D

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/images/2057/dynamic/GCMSImages/Food_List.pdf

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Congrats, may I ask how much weight you have lost? Heaviest I ever have been is 14'8. I have been around 13'6 for the last year or so. Now I want to stop the messing and get down to 12 stone.

I lost 26lb since the first week in September, so fairly much one lb per week. It came off evenly at that rate. Other times when I lost it more quickly I looked all out of proportion.

I've lost 40lb since my heaviest after I had my baby, but the first stone was really done 7lb of my own accord and then I got strep throat and lost a half stone in a week, the next week I went to WW. :)

The difference for me is how I see food now, it's fuel for my body. I don't eat unless I'm actually hungry, and then I only eat what I need. I'm not adverse to leaving half my dinner behind if I'm full. That's something I never ever would have done before last year.

tubbydave wrote: »
    Thank you ali :)
    them burger rolls from aldi sound perfect
    we dont have a bundys but will definetley be getting them burger rolls are they just aldi brand?

Thanks again

Dave :D:D:D

yea, I do most of my shopping in aldi... just get the odd few bits in tesco, brand stuff, but aldi is your only man for the stuff like that... almost forgot... there are muffins in aldi (think they are called wheaten muffins) that come in like a vaccum pack with 4 in,Think the pack is orangey colour and they are beside the other bready stuff... they are only 3pp for the whole muffin..... FIND OF THE LAST 3 MONTHS!!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 evadiva

Got it!

Down 2lb. 4 weeks maintenance now and I will have my hot little hands on my goldcard after 10 years on and off.

:D

Super Duper Das Kitty. Really well done to you, delighted for you

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

yea, I do most of my shopping in aldi... just get the odd few bits in tesco, brand stuff, but aldi is your only man for the stuff like that... almost forgot... there are muffins in aldi (think they are called wheaten muffins) that come in like a vaccum pack with 4 in,Think the pack is orangey colour and they are beside the other bready stuff... they are only 3pp for the whole muffin..... FIND OF THE LAST 3 MONTHS!!!! :D:D

As you know I am a fan of Aldi so thanks il have a new treat to add to the list this week, muffins with chocolate philly for a fancy afternoon tea on Sunday hehe (i dont even drink tea) hehe

As you know I am a fan of Aldi so thanks il have a new treat to add to the list this week, muffins with chocolate philly for a fancy afternoon tea on Sunday hehe (i dont even drink tea) hehe

haha! they are cut in half and all for ya... they are brill... bit of a poached egg and bacon on it... oh yea.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Monife wrote: »
    Girls, i'm the same but felt too ashamed to post. Was very bold at the weekend and also can't get properly back on track. Tiny, you are like my twin, I too had a cereal this morning and didn't weigh it like I usually do and had a packet of tayto for afternoon break instead of usually a WW bar or fruit :( I have also sent myself into a downward spiral of depression after stepping on my home scales. Showing a gain of 3lb. If it's not fluid retention and I see that number at WI on Thursday, I will be so upset. It's taken me 7 weeks to lose 7.5lb so gaining 3lb almost makes it not even worth while. It makes me think, why do I bother, working so hard and then going out at the weekend (which inevitably is going to happen at least once a month, I can't/don't want to become a hermit just because I want to lose weight) and then ending up back at square one.

Girls exact same here. Was far too fed up to post all week. Hoem scales has me at plus 3 after being only 4 from gold!!
    I made a pig of meself, drank two nights and didn't track an ounce.
    I do know that I need to go and get weighed in tomorrow and put it behind me and move on or I'll just climb the other way. Got back on it Tuesday and ran yesterday, walked today even tho it was hard.
    If I'm up 3 tomorow I'll be annoyed though as like you lot that can take three weeks to lose.
    Hopef it'll be 2 I can just about cope with that. Best of luck to you both. x

Got it!

Down 2lb. 4 weeks maintenance now and I will have my hot little hands on my goldcard after 10 years on and off.

YAAY! Wow that's amazing so happy for you. Major congrats girl. Really cannot wait to get to where you are :)

Just back from WI.... I STS!!! phew!!!!!! I can't believe it... I felt like crying! I was sooooooo thrilled. You would swear she was after telling me I had lost a stone! Im back on track now for this week... just stocked up with a few bits and pieces from tesco on my way home.

Well done on the STS, love that when ya expect to be up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 ban25

You just keep on reaching your targets girl! Congrats! :D

1st stone whooop! Congratulations Cliodhna! :D

3rd silver 7! Fantastic acheivement! Bring on the 4th! Congrats Baby! :D

Cannot wait to get there (eventually!) myself! Delighted for you! :D

Congrats Monife! You're certainly making the system work for you! :D

That is amazing to have lost 3 stone 8lbs! Wow, seems so far away for me. Welll done Gragirl ;)
    Fantastic results from everyone! Im new to this the stories of support are an inspiration to me thank you!!! im 2 and a half punds till i get my first stone fingers crossed weigh in day tomo

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ban25

Hiya, iv lost 11 and a half pound so far on ww!! been doing really well going to a wedding this weekend and am afraid ill fall off the wagon any tips ? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dolly2012

hi all im new to this!! was just readin a bit throught the thread and i would really appreciate some advice.. i have joined ww so many times last time only few weeks ago but i never seem to do very well im not willing to go back to class as i would prefer to spend the €10 on zumba or swimming!? ive done everything motiviation gi ww sw all of them and this is the last straw i weigh 14 stone im 5*6 and my holidays are in june HELP is anybody else a dead loss how did u get out of the rut?? Thanks xox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Got it!

Well done you! that's great!!!

Boop22 wrote: »
    Just home from work and NOTHING in house for dinner. Have been starving all day as it was my first day back to normality after my binge weekend. Feel so fed up wit ww at the mo and don't know how to snap out of it :-(

go to your weigh in, get a new tracker, and get going again... i've had my days off... my STS today, and now i'm starting again!
    Lads if I can do it anyone can, I was classed as obese on Sept 1st 2011, my BMI is now 24.
    It's so funny.... I'm really looking forward to just being overweight... sometimes i'd like to be oblivious to the BMI scale!!!
    I came home from work yesterday and had feck all in the house.... i chopped some mushrooms, onions, a carrot and some frozen chopped peppers threw them into a pot with a small bit of curry powder and cumin and did some cous cous with water from the kettle. It was the best tasting bits and bobs dinner i had in ages!!!

Just back from WI.... I STS!!! phew!!!!!! I can't believe it... I felt like crying! I was sooooooo thrilled. You would swear she was after telling me I had lost a stone! Im back on track now for this week... just stocked up with a few bits and pieces from tesco on my way home.
    well done you! i've just had my little party for my friends... choc biscuit cake... yum (it's a huge inconvenience that my favorite hobby is cake decorating... gggrrr!!). i didn't bother tracking today- first day in weeks and weeks, but i'm going to have it attached to my hand permanently this week!!
    Nesie wrote: »
    I'm the same. Can I give myself a week off (WI is friday) and start again saturday? would that work???
    you can do it, but i wouldn't advise skipping your weigh in.... i know in the past when i've done that, it's been the start of a slippery slope! good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Quote: Originally Posted by Das Kitty
    Got it!

Well done you!!

Im am back in the zone..!! and nicotine free and no alcohol this weekend pure detox :)

Also I know there was a disgustion about the other problem we have with dieting.. emm being blocked up down there.. well Iv booked in for colonic hydrotherapy.. has anyone ever had one of these?? Bit nervous !!! Weigh in on Saturday need a loss for my sanity :D

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Trying a F&H day today, slightly nervous about it! :confused:

ban25 wrote: »
    Hiya, iv lost 11 and a half pound so far on ww!! been doing really well going to a wedding this weekend and am afraid ill fall off the wagon any tips ? thanks

if the soup is "cream of...." avoid it! Cream is loaded... I almost died when i saw how many points were in a small serving of it... I would try drinking water with your dinner to pace yourself....

Im dreading my friends wedding for that very reason. I know when i get a few drinks in me i go on a "See Food Diet" See Food... EAT It....

fill up on the veggies with your main, not sure how ya are with potatoes, they aren't really my thing, so I would eat the meat/fish and just the side veggies. As for the drinking, do your best to moderate yourself, but remember, you have to enjoy yourself too... so just save your weeklies and make extra activity pp just to make sure you stay ok....
    dolly2012 wrote: »
    hi all im new to this!! was just readin a bit throught the thread and i would really appreciate some advice.. i have joined ww so many times last time only few weeks ago but i never seem to do very well im not willing to go back to class as i would prefer to spend the €10 on zumba or swimming!? ive done everything motiviation gi ww sw all of them and this is the last straw i weigh 14 stone im 5*6 and my holidays are in june HELP is anybody else a dead loss how did u get out of the rut?? Thanks xox

I hear ya!!! I have done WW about 4 or 5 times... at my biggest i was 14st 12lb that was when i was 19... Never tried SW but i tried Unislim, i couldn't get me head around it coz I still had the WW system in my head haha! You have to really want it. I saw pics of myself from a trip to scotland before christmas and i got so upset. I hadn't seen the weight going on.

I went the first week of Jan (starting weight this time was 12st 6.5lb and im 5ft3) and just kept going. I go to WI each week, don't always stay for the meeting, but I find this thread keeps me on the straight and narrow for the week. The motivation you get from here is brilliant. Everytime I was having a bad day/bad week (which I had last week) there was always someone either helping you through it or telling ya they feel the same. For me, the weekly WI is a must. It keeps me going. Knowing its hanging over me, that I have to get up on that scales in front of mary and either make her proud or let her and myself down.... Seems stupid but that mindframe works for me.

Stick around here for the best ideas on recipes, tips and motivation... thats the biggest advice i would give anyone. Its saved me from diving head first into the ben & jerrys countless times....

Quote: Originally Posted by Das Kitty
    Got it!

Well done you!!

Im am back in the zone..!! and nicotine free and no alcohol this weekend pure detox :)

Also I know there was a disgustion about the other problem we have with dieting.. emm being blocked up down there.. well Iv booked in for colonic hydrotherapy.. has anyone ever had one of these?? Bit nervous !!! Weigh in on Saturday need a loss for my sanity :D

Im popping senna to beat the band... the colonic thing seems waaaaaaaay too drastic for me.... id rather shut up shop hahahaha!!!!
    Taz1 wrote: »
    Trying a F&H day today, slightly nervous about it! :confused:

let us know how you get on....am seriously considering giving it a go..... good luck hun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I had WI in last night. At the end of week 3 I'm now down a stone exactly. I've been working my ass off (literally!) and am delighted to see that my hard work is paying off :D

• Advertisement

cosmic wrote: »
    I had WI in last night. At the end of week 3 I'm now down a stone exactly. I've been working my ass off (literally!) and am delighted to see that my hard work is paying off :D

That is brilliant Cosmic.... fair play to you!!!!! :D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement