Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vacant building at raheen roundabout

• 19-01-2009 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

we all know the one, between Caseys and Raheen Church. Fabulous modenr building at the front of the Ind Est.
    What a waste. Cant see it being leased or sold now either.
    I will gladly rent it tho for 800 a month and move in my sleeping bag and vagrant buddies :D
    Shame the council cant buy it and develop it into a useful resource of some kind. I mean, what a waste

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭source

Liam79 wrote: »
    we all know the one, between Caseys and Raheen Church. Fabulous modenr building at the front of the Ind Est.
    What a waste. Cant see it being leased or sold now either.
    I will gladly rent it tho for 800 a month and move in my sleeping bag and vagrant buddies :D
    Shame the council cant buy it and develop it into a useful resource of some kind. I mean, what a waste

I thought spin SW were in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

Are they???!!!:confused: It looks completely vacant, especially at night time.
    But if i find out that Spin are in there, i will be over tonight with me dynamite and matches.
    Fattwa time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Yeah, Spin are in there but I imagine they only use a very small area of the building.

Christ on a bike I hate SpinFM and to hear they are so close to me, right i declare a Jihad, who is with me people!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭source

if you don't like them then don't tune in, it's not that hard, there's a lot of other radio stations out there.

• Advertisement

dont like them, i actually hate them. But herself listens to them, and if i wanna listen to the sport on newstalk, then i have to comprimise and listen to Spin with her. I cant abide them, especially their "news" bulletins!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i dont listen, but they've given a lot of my mates good jobs in the career they wanted, so if you blow them up, ur definitely not getting ur licence back off me :D:p

Tell you what Zuroph,
    tell them to stop referring to The Gardai as "Cops" Stop referring to The Taoiseach as "The Boss" and Stop referring to GAA as Gah on their news bulletins and i will down grade the jihad to a faatwah again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Tell you what Zuroph,
    tell them to stop referring to The Gardai as "Cops" Stop referring to The Taoiseach as "The Boss" and Stop referring to GAA as Gah on their news bulletins and i will down grade the jihad to a faatwah again
    no can do, dont know the newscrew. besides, thats directive down from headoffice in dublin, its the same on that station, most of them dont like it, but the MORKETING types believe its what keeps the kids interested.

Its pathetic!!
    Will give them credit for one thing tho, they have given the Irish Language a platform it has not had previous
    For that they deserve credit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

tell them to stop referring to The Gardai as "Cops" Stop referring to The Taoiseach as "The Boss" and Stop referring to GAA as Gah on their news bulletins

Yeah.that spin radio station is based in part of that building. Wow...they sound like a really professionaly run station by the sound of things.:rolleyes:
    I never listen to it and now i know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

dont like them, i actually hate them. But herself listens to them, and if i wanna listen to the sport on newstalk, then i have to comprimise and listen to Spin with her. I cant abide them, especially their "news" bulletins!:mad:

They only use one floor, but the top floor would be a class apartment to have! But you must be some boring old bollix Liam, listening to Newstalk :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Kindof ironic that the OP's original post about a building that he though was vacant ends up being the HQ of the station he hates most.

While I'd agree with the observation on their so-called "news", and I wouldn't listen to it myself because they're more likely to play some crap dance or X-factor cover than a decent original, it's horses for courses, and the way I look at it is that having Spin to cater for those that like sort of rubbish means that other stations can refocus on playing better stuff.....at least in theory.

And afternoons on 95 do seem to have improved no end over the last while; now if only they could do the same in the mornings and evenings......

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Kindof ironic that the OP's original post about a building that he though was vacant ends up being the HQ of the station he hates most.

While I'd agree with the observation on their so-called "news", and I wouldn't listen to it myself because they're more likely to play some crap dance or X-factor cover than a decent original, it's horses for courses, and the way I look at it is that having Spin to cater for those that like sort of rubbish means that other stations can refocus on playing better stuff.....at least in theory.

And afternoons on 95 do seem to have improved no end over the last while; now if only they could do the same in the mornings and evenings......

There`s some good music hosted by good djs on the weekend if your into real dance music"house, techno, drum and bass" etc not type of stuff in the charts.

Yeah the news thing sounds very unprofessional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Rubberbandits

Tell you what Zuroph,

I really agree with this. But like Zuroph stated its a marketing thing. I worked with spin briefly, I was going to do comedy on the morning show. I eventually realised that it was impossible to do anything creative or original as a result of all the rules that the radio station has on what it can and cant broadcast, Im talking about some seriously pedantic sh*t. As in, if I was writing a sketch, the fictional characters had to be between 18 and 25 or else the audience which is of that age group "wont get the joke". Essentially what they were looking for was an imitation of the comedy show on spin in Dublin, which just simply inst funny at all. Not all Radio stations are that constrictive though, at the moment Im working with Beat 103 which is basically spin fm for the south east in terms of demographics. I can write whatever I like for them, within reason and they believe in taking risks, so my faith in Irish radio is restored somewhat.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

That's good to hear :)
    Will that be available on-line?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Spin is made up of mostly former wired fm people, and by god they were anal when it came to rules and regs.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

True,I didnt realise Fianna Fail changed their name to "Cowen and Co" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Rubberbandits

An File wrote: »
    That's good to hear :)
    Will that be available on-line?

Unfortunately I cant post any of them for contractual reasons and Im not sure if beat fm have any intention of podcasting them. Its a shame, I did about 5 pranks for them recently and they are proving to be my most popular yet with anyone I have shown them to. As regards the squids comment above, yes there is a wired connection in Spin. One Person In particular who moved from wired was very, very creatively stifling.

i did a slot on Wired for 30 mins once a week back in 98 when I was in LIT
    Was allowed to say whatever i wanted :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

i did a slot on Wired for 30 mins once a week back in 98 when I was in LIT
    Was allowed to say whatever i wanted :confused:

Much has changed in those 10 years!
    I've been doing a show for the past year. Unfortunately I'll have to give it up (other commitments) but the rules and regulations are extremely strict.

Everybody is terrified of libel cases, so one must choose every word carefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

An File wrote: »
    Much has changed in those 10 years!
    I've been doing a show for the past year. Unfortunately I'll have to give it up (other commitments) but the rules and regulations are extremely strict.

Everybody is terrified of libel cases, so one must choose every word carefully.

Yet, they are quite happy to use slang in their news section...how odd. I dont know. I just think there is something very unprofessional about that irrrespective of who their target audiance is. Is their website written in text speak too?:D

Firefox10 wrote: »
    Yet, they are quite happy to use slang in their news section...how odd. I dont know. I just think there is something very unprofessional about that irrrespective of who their target audiance is. Is their website written in text speak too?:D

Sorry, I think you misunderstood me, I do a show for Wired and not for Spin.
    I despise everything about Spin FM, so much so that I even made a thread about it 6 months or so ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Worst radio stations for me!

1.Spin - reasons stated on this thread
    2.Limerick 95 fm - just tries too hard, plays crap music over and over again, they must have the same playlist!

Advertisement