Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandyford into City

• 23-09-2005 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi, I'm thinking of buying an apartment beside Total Fitness on Blackglen Road in Sandyford. I have a car at the moment but want to gave it up so would I be able to make it easily into town for work/social life using the bus? Just wondered if perhaps anybody reading lived in the area.

Thanks,

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,148 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Live on Brewery Rd, leopardstown.

I'd recommend for you to buy a cheap bike and just fly down to the LUAS or Stillorgan Dual Carriageway bus corridor and lock it on the racks, take you 4 minutes on a bike. Means with the Luas and 46a & co you could get a bus or LUAS every 5 minutes.
    Very handy area. Even if I had a car I wouldn't use it, stupid traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

I live in Aiken's village near the Gala shop. The buses are brutal. For commuting I cycle to the luas. Otherwise you can walk to the 114 down by Sandyford village which goes every hour until about 6 i think and then there's a couple at night. That brings you to the luas and then on to the dart in Blackrock via the stillorgan dual carraige way which is good for the 46A.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Live on Brewery Rd myself. Luas or 46A does the job no bother.. Tis only about 13 bucks in a taxi from town too..

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

That location isn't a great place to live if you goal is to use public transport.

I believe the 44B goes along Blackglen Road but it's not a frequent service.

Walking to the 114, 44 or Luas isn't an option, there is no footpath along the narrow Blackglen Road to Lamb's Cross (about 600m). There might be a cross country route that I don't know about.

Sandyford Village is about 1-1.5km, the Luas is about 2.5-3.5km, N11 is about 5km and city center about 11km.

You could cycle to the Luas/Bus or park and ride at the Luas station. To cycle to the Luas would be about 10min and all the way to the city center would be about 35-45min.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

robfitz wrote:
    That location isn't a great place to live if you goal is to use public transport.

You could cycle to the Luas/Bus or park and ride at the Luas station. To cycle to the Luas would be about 10min.
    True, you could cycle to the luas in that time,
    but cycling back from the luas,
    up that hill, I'd say you could double or treple that time :D

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

robfitz wrote:

I believe the 44B goes along Blackglen Road but it's not a frequent service.

Walking to the 114, 44 or Luas isn't an option, there is no footpath along the narrow Blackglen Road to Lamb's Cross (about 600m). There might be a cross country route that I don't know about.

Sandyford Village is about 1-1.5km, the Luas is about 2.5-3.5km, N11 is about 5km and city center about 11km.

You could cycle to the Luas/Bus or park and ride at the Luas station. To cycle to the Luas would be about 10min and all the way to the city center would be about 35-45min.

depending on exactly where the apt is you can easily walk to the 114, there is a pedestrian route, via kilcross square to the terminus. i.e you walk directly east from the apts toward sandyford village.

If you were to walk out and around it is a v long dangerous walk as robfitz says above, the walk to the blackglen road alone is a trek up the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

daveym wrote:
    there is a pedestrian route, via kilcross square to the terminus. i.e you walk directly east from the apts toward sandyford village.

That's good to here, even though I've lived in Moreen for 25+ years I don't realy know Kilcross at all.

New public transport options include, 44 runs every 30 mins or so, 44N is the local nightlink, 114 every 45 mins or so (no sunday service, but connects with dart and 46a). I guess the Luas stop would be about 20-30 mins walk to the Kilmacud stop.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

robfitz wrote:
    That's good to here, even though I've lived in Moreen for 25+ years I don't realy know Kilcross at all.

New public transport options include, 44 runs every 30 mins or so, 44N is the local nightlink, 114 every 45 mins or so (no sunday service, but connects with dart and 46a). I guess the Luas stop would be about 20-30 mins walk to the Kilmacud stop.

it's only new rob, since they built the new houses at the back of kilcross they linked them with the new apts that are accessed y car from blackglen road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

There is meant to be some new extension to the 46b to belamine and stepaside!
    Havent heard much about it recently - keep an ear out!

Not sure of the planned route. :confused:

Advertisement