Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky GO Available

• 20-02-2012 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

Havnt seen this posted yet

Only available on selected phones for now. Working on Samsung Galaxy S2

Market Link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It was mentioned on the "Must have Android Apps and Games" thread.

This is important to know: It doesn't work on ICS (Android 4.x), and doesn't work on devices that are rooted (For rights reasons Sky Go is not supported on any Android device that has been rooted.).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

According to the FAQ it doesnt work on ICS or on rooted devices.

Says my SGS (running CM9) is unsupported anyway when I installed it. Also it keeps the same crappy 2 device limit and your phone has to be one of the devices. Rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

really poor apps from sky

i have had sky go for a few weeks now through plex works perfect and seems to work around 2 devices limit

have plex on my mac ipad apple tv her iphone and my sensation

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Installed there but I cant use it because its already on two devices, meh.

I have sky go on a laptop hooked up to tv downstairs and an xbox upstairs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I will have to use my mothers account for other devices. So far no problems with the app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Schorpio

When it was called "Sky Player" (and did the exact same thing) you were allowed 5 devices, which I thought was about right. Then the name changed and it became two....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Schorpio wrote: »
    When it was called "Sky Player" (and did the exact same thing) you were allowed 5 devices, which I thought was about right. Then the name changed and it became two....:mad:

But before you were only allowed online with one of the devices at a time, now the two can be allowed online at same time. I personally prefer the new way, and you can keep changed your registered devices, bit of a pain though i know!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

Anyone got it working on 3 yet.. Because of the way 3 piggybacks on voda i almost always have the roaming icon showing on my sgs2, but keep getting the error 'cant stream while roaming', strangely i get the same when on wifi too. Is it possible this is as a result of being rooted?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If you're rooted, it won't work. End of story. :o

• If you're rooted, you could try an app like OTA Rootkeeper for temporary unroot, although this doesn't work on some devices.

If you have an unsupported phone, try changing the build prop to a supported device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Theimprover

Working on my sensation, bit if a balls you can only use two devices on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

it works on htc sensation (latest vodafone software) on vodafone prepay and on wifi. tested random sports and movies channels.

it wouldnt work for sky one (futurama on) just now though, said the show is unavailable on sky go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I had to install it manually as the market is seeing my Desire as a HTC Vision so it won't let use the app
    does anyone know how to change the model in the market?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭ofcork

SKY1 working for me,maybe some shows have copyright issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ah still not availible for Sony Experion it seems,was hoping it would to get it for my son...ah well

gbob wrote: »
    Anyone got it working on 3 yet..

Working perfectly via 3 for me

ofcork wrote: »
    SKY1 working for me,maybe some shows have copyright issues.

If a show isn't allowed to be shown via Sky Go a message will appear on screen saying so. It is on Sky One right now as they are not allowed to show The Simpsons

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Yeah, Simpsons not available.

I found the quality poor (picture, stream was fine), and that's on wi-fi. This is using a Galaxy S running stock 2.3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Nolimits

For anyone complaining about only having two devices, you can only have two per user, but can have up 9 (I think) users

Log into Sky go on your computer, go to settings, view/edit profile and then additional users to use it on more devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Jon_459

Waited months after the iPhone/iPad version and now its not available on Motorola Xoom. What a crock!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

How far does it let you get on a rooted phone? I get to video Loading... screen but it stays at 0%

Stokolan wrote: »
    How far does it let you get on a rooted phone? I get to video Loading... screen but it stays at 0%

That's as far as i've got too, tried Santana Immense Band-aid's suggestion as above to remove root but hasn't made a difference.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I stopped wondering when this would be available once I found out about he 2 device limit. Bit silly really. Every household almost has far more devices than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Just used it on an unrooted sensation. Worked great, excellent picture quality. Limited choice of channels though.

• If you have an unsupported device, and are also unrooted (and not running ICS I think), this version should work.

If you have an unsupported device, and are also unrooted (and not running ICS I think), this version should work.

Running stock 2.3 on my sgs2.. uninstalled original app and installed yours.. unrooted with the app you posted earlier and getting exactly the same results.. ie wont go past loading screen.. only sky news seems to work ok.. confused :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

If you have an unsupported device, and are also unrooted (and not running ICS I think), this version should work.

My phone isn't rooted (Samsung Galaxy S2 2.3), the market version and your version both give me the message

"it is not possible to play sky content whilst roaming"

On tesco network, doesn't work on 3G or wifi. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

5starpool wrote: »
    I stopped wondering when this would be available once I found out about he 2 device limit. Bit silly really. Every household almost has far more devices than that.

Read the post 4 up from yours :) #20

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

Is it only me or what, there are only few channels that I can watch if someone does not have the movies and sports like me.

N.B. It's working fine on my Galaxy S2 via wifi no pixelations

Zeppi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Zeppi wrote: »
    Is it only me or what, there are only few channels that I can watch if someone does not have the movies and sports like me.

N.B. It's working fine on my Galaxy S2 via wifi no pixelations

Zeppi

Have you not used SkyGo before? Its pretty limited in what you can watch compared to what you get on TV, I used to use it on Xbox but they limit a lot of stuff on Go.

Advertisement