Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Darts Premier League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

Stevecw wrote: »
    That was top class, what a comeback by Taylor. 7-7 a fair result. 113 Avg by Taylor wow.

is that a new world record?. i remember in the 09 premier league , he averaged 111 against part i think. anyway i'd say there will be a lot of draws in this years PL

It was nice to see sid back, i know he do you head in with his taylorisms,
    waffle etc. but hopefully his health will continue to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

Stylie some awful comments out of you. ''One swallow does not make a summer'' in relation to barney. Exactly the point of why you should never right off a 5 time world champion.

As far as Anderson bringing his BDO game to the PDC? Where have you been for the last few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

What has Barney done since he beat Taylor in the worlds in 2007 ? Runner up once in it and I dont think he has won a TV tournament

Where have I been the last few years ? watching Anderson bottle it in the later stages of major tournaments like he did in the BDO

stylie wrote: »
    What has Barney done since he beat Taylor in the worlds in 2007 ? Runner up once in it and I dont think he has won a TV tournament

Where have I been the last few years ? watching Anderson bottle it in the later stages of major tournaments like he did in the BDO

Only a couple of 9 darters ? Not to mention a Major final and a couple of semi finals too. Granted he has not played to 'that' level, but that level was the very best in the world. The demise of Barney has been greatly exaggerated, the standard has simply improved tenfold in the last couple of years.

As for Anderson, he has been to the very last hurdle of almost every major tournament, averaged 100 in a world final against a man who threw a 9 darter in the world final for the first time in history, and was exemplary on the night. He is the reigning Premier League champion and despite what I would agree is was a shocking performance the other night, has risen into the top 4 in the world and is consistently and generally the best scorer in the game. His game is ten times better than his BDO form of being knocked in rounds one and two!?

• Advertisement

minty16 wrote: »
    Only a couple of 9 darters ? Not to mention a Major final and a couple of semi finals too. Granted he has not played to 'that' level, but that level was the very best in the world. The demise of Barney has been greatly exaggerated, the standard has simply improved tenfold in the last couple of years.

As for Anderson, he has been to the very last hurdle of almost every major tournament, averaged 100 in a world final against a man who threw a 9 darter in the world final for the first time in history, and was exemplary on the night. He is the reigning Premier League champion and despite what I would agree is was a shocking performance the other night, has risen into the top 4 in the world and is consistently and generally the best scorer in the game. His game is ten times better than his BDO form of being knocked in rounds one and two!?

true, anderson is on a bad run but i still see him making the final 4. barney did look good against whitlock, hopefully he can be consistent. barney did get to the semis last year against anderson in the PL so i wouldn't be too quick to write him off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

minty16 wrote: »

So a five year return of a couple of nine darters, runner up and a couple of semi's is a good return for a 5 time world champion ? So you disagree that in the last two years especially his form has dipped way below his 2007 levels ?

Anderson was a choker in the BDO and is a choker in the PDC thats his form, he can score for fun but any other top 10 player is a better finisher than him. Your statement above points to this, for a player of his scoring ability he should have more than a premier league win under his belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭spud06

Thought last weeks darts were great. Taylor/Lewis was one of the best games ive seen in a long time and Barney/Whitlock wasnt too far behind. Hopefully this week will be as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Anderson was a choker in the BDO and is a choker in the PDC thats his form, he can score for fun but any other top 10 player is a better finisher than him. Your statement above points to this, for a player of his scoring ability he should have more than a premier league win under his belt.

This statement is statistically untrue. Anderson's 'choker' mantle came from the fact that he always failed to perform to his full ability in the BDO World Championships.

Reaching the final on his second time of trying in the PDC (a much more competitive field) put that well and truly to bed. The only way he could've improved on that is by winning it, which is effectively stating that everyone who plays darts and isn't the reigning World Champion is a 'choker'...a ridiculous notion!

Has he fulfilled his potential yet? No. That'd be a fair argument, though I'd say he still has a lot of time to do a lot of damage.

Is he going through a dodgy run of form? Yes, but that's part and parcel of being a darts player. It has happened to Taylor multiple times over the years and he's the best that ever lived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

So a five year return of a couple of nine darters, runner up and a couple of semi's is a good return for a 5 time world champion ? So you disagree that in the last two years especially his form has dipped way below his 2007 levels ?

He actually won the next two majors after he beat Taylor in that final. He made quite a number of finals in a period in which Taylor was untouchable also. Its only in the past year in which he has started to decline really.

• Advertisement

Adrian Lewis 7-7 Raymond van Barneveld
    Gary Anderson 8-5 Andy Hamilton
    Phil Taylor 8-1 Kevin Painter
    Simon Whitlock 7-7 James Wade

A €5 accumulator on the above outcomes returns €293. Not bad value at all, at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

leggo wrote: »
    Adrian Lewis 7-7 Raymond van Barneveld
    Gary Anderson 8-5 Andy Hamilton
    Phil Taylor 8-1 Kevin Painter
    Simon Whitlock 7-7 James Wade

A €5 accumulator on the above outcomes returns €293. Not bad value at all, at all.

I've gone

Lewis
    Draw
    Taylor
    Draw.

Returns €405

The same bet returned €312 with PP, so good to shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Hate the man but class is permanent

Lads my heart is in my mouth. Got home from work, saw Taylor 4-5 down and a tear almost immediately came out of my eye. Then he only goes and hits a 9-darter!

3 out of 4 for the accumulator. But the last one is the toughy...

So much for that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭sc86

the mans just magic, great to see, even if he is a c0ck:D

what a 9 darter from the power. some great games again this week. barney and lewis was a cracker

Kevin Painter 5-8 Simon Whitlock
    Andy Hamilton 4-8 Adrian Lewis
    Gary Anderson 7-7 James Wade
    Raymond van Barneveld 3-8 Phil Taylor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Great win for Kevin Painter over Whitlock 8-3. A 3rd 7-7 draw in a row for Lewis against Hamilton. Anderson v Wade up next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Wish they showed the practice boards,
    Taylor 10*bulls in a row
    Barney 9*180's in a row
    Anderson 5*9 darters
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Hold on, was that the bird from Tallafornia doing the walk ons

WHAT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

WHAT!
    She did the world championships aswell if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Are you serious

I give up, the world needs to be reset, somebody hit reboot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Yea,fairly sure it was her.
    The missus was trying to place her face at the worlds,she said it was a girl from Tallafornia so I presume it's the same one.

If Taylor and Barney was first to 7 sets tonight, we would have saw a classic all over again! Great darts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

WHAT!

Yeah shes being doing it for a while.
    Saw her on the darts before I saw Tallafornia.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Yeah shes being doing it for a while.
    Saw her on the darts before I saw Tallafornia.

hazel o'sullivan is her name. she was on a reality tv show on rte before xmas , it was done by francis brennan where random people around ireland were brought on holiday/tour in spain.

she was there for the wc as well.

good night again last night, i think there will be a lot of draws this year. phil played really well last night, as the did the hammer ando and painter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭celt262

hazel o'sullivan is her name. she was on a reality tv show on rte before xmas , it was done by francis brennan where random people around ireland were brought on holiday/tour in spain.

she was there for the wc as well.

good night again last night, i think there will be a lot of draws this year. phil played really well last night, as the did the hammer ando and painter

hazel o'sullivan isnt the one that is on tallafornia that is Kelly Donegan.

Advertisement