Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New music store in Tallaght?

• 19-03-2009 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I seem to recall recently seeing either a leaflet or an ad in a newspaper with a full page story about a new music store that opened in Tallaght... It would make sense that it was in the Tallaght Echo or somethin, but I can't find it after having rooted through the recycling bin!

Anyone know about this? Think they said it was in one of the industrial estates...

Just wanna know where it is, cos I need strings :D

Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

At a guess, it's x-music in Ballymount, there are loads of threads about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yeah, but if you just want Strings then there's a store in the Village. Shít store, but it saves traveling all the way out to the Red Cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

pretty sure it's not xmusic as I already knew about that...

And the store in Tallaght village closed down a couple of years ago!

Thanks for the suggestions though lads

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

If there was a new music store in Tallaght, i'm sure i'd of heard of it/seen it by now... hmmm

I'll keep an eye out, but i'd say it was probably xmusic.

I feel your pain for strings, the cheapness of the strings in xmusic is taken away by the fiver, it takes to get there and back. :rolleyes:
    The old shop was great for that, just up the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Organeer

The ad in the Tallaght News was for Jimi's Music Store. It is in Ballymount Drive. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

That's the one, thanks alot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Wheres ballymount drive?? and is the shop any good???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Isnt that the shop that sells antique guitars? Heard about it but never visited it. Supposedly they have a loads of old fenders at ridiculous prices, as in those ebay auctions you see going for tens of thousands and the likes.

I could be wrong though. Would be worth checkig out I reckon.

They have a website it seems

http://www.jimismusicstore.ie/Default.aspx

Yeah it's vintage guitars (and new ones)... I'm just looking for strings though, and their ad said they have them for a 5er, so can't go wrong really :) I'll check it out tomorrow

Cheers chaps!

btw Ballymount drive if I'm not mistaken is down 'the Dip' off the greenhills road... Heading towards Walkinstown it's one of the turns to the left

There's a map on the site anyways

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Well holy fúck, how long has that been there? And how did such a seemingly new & small store manage to get a website up? (i'm looking in your direction xmusic) :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Looks like their only brand new (Established 2009). Considering they appear to be right beside X-Music, I wonder how they're going to survive... They've taken on X-Music's opening time attitude:
    Opening Hours: Monday - Saturday, 10am - 6pm (usually)

Yeah the ad was only in the paper a few days ago, so presumably it's brand new

Worth a look anyway! Was p*ssed off when the Village shop closed, was so handy for strings etc. :(

Can't see this one lasting long tbh if the village one had to close, and since their main focus is on vintage stuff ! Plus as you say, they have to compete with Xmusic as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Well in fairness to X-Music most of his site is also awaiting updates on stock :)

He also seems incredibly expensive on the "vintage" stuff....

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

They're only open a few weeks, my dad works right by it so he rang me the day they opened. I was in there chatting to one of the guys (Herbie I think), it's quite a nice place. All the stuff is genuine, there are some things in there you just can't see anywhere else. I thought they were crazy opening up so close to X-Music but clearly it's a totally different line of stock :)

Plus, we practise in my dad's place... very handy if we break a string :D

if any of you call in, check out the bass with the rubber strings... It's quite interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

i want that 73 tele deluxe! sick of my shoddy reissue ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 jimmy99

mattfender wrote: »
    i want that 73 tele deluxe! sick of my shoddy reissue ha
    Sorry read charter

Advertisement