Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Euro 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

anybody joined the irish times fantasy euro 2012? fairly similar to this and easy to get around the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

great, 3 more needed. Can anyone interested post their team name just so I know who is who? Thanks
    i'm in. WoodiesWoodpeckers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Anyone interested in doing a league for the game below? A bit different from other fantasy games in that there is an auction to buy the players so only one of us will have Ronaldo, Van Persie etc etc.

seems like it could be fun, need a minimum of five players

http://www.fantasyleague.com/Default.aspx

League Name: Boards.ie
    League Code: 43962

Wow, this is precisely what I've been looking for for years. The American-style draft system for a fantasy football game. Brilliant. I'm definitely in. Team name: Sirius Cybernetics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

manual_man wrote: »
    Count me in

Applied there Team CATINTHESACK
    just joined there, team is called itsallfunandgames - Copperpipe
    swoody wrote: »
    carlcon wrote: »
    Wow, this is precisely what I've been looking for for years. The American-style draft system for a fantasy football game. Brilliant. I'm definitely in. Team name: Sirius Cybernetics

just accepted the four above, still room for more if anyone wants to join

I was thinking of starting the first round of bidding on the 30th May as we will know all the squads then

have a look at the rules below and see what ye think
    http://www.fantasyleague.com/ProEuro/Content/LeagueRulesIntroduction.aspx

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Are we gonna have a thread here for friendly match-days? I know it's technically not a fantasy thing, but it wouldn't be a terrible idea to share what we see and discuss line-ups.

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

waiting for approval: Amkar Championov

Lots of different leagues opened up here now. I'm a right in counting 4 different FF events from 3 different sites?

I've signed up for them all, which ultimately means my Euros are already ruined. :p
    I was thinking of starting the first round of bidding on the 30th May as we will know all the squads then

Are we doing the "hardened fantasy league veteran with 18 in a squad" one, or the "quick punchy version with 11 men in the squad" one? Or somewhere in the middle?

The suggested settings of 15 players, 100m, 2 from a country, and limited transfers seems like something we're all used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Count me in

Applied there Team CATINTHESACK
    just joined there, team is called itsallfunandgames - Copperpipe

just accepted the four above, still room for more if anyone wants to join

i'd say leave the bidding as close to the start as possible. personally i want to have the best idea who's in the starting 11 for each team

i'd say leave the bidding as close to the start as possible. personally i want to have the best idea who's in the starting 11 for each team

The problem with leaving it until near the first game is that it will probably take 3 or 4 rounds of bidding for everyone to finish their squads

Too soon is better than too late. And we're all in the same boat, so I won't complain if we're not certain of a few first XI's.

• Advertisement

The problem with leaving it until near the first game is that it will probably take 3 or 4 rounds of bidding for everyone to finish their squads

Ah ok. I get ya. How many days do ya reckon that would take?? Agree we don't wanna leave it too late. But find a balance, ya know. June 8th the big kick off

edit just after looking at the friendlies roster, most will be completed on Sat 02nd June. Maybe start the bidding on Sunday 03rd?? Or do you think that would be cutting it tight??

Ah ok. I get ya. How many days do ya reckon that would take?? Agree we don't wanna leave it too late. But find a balance, ya know. June 8th the big kick off

edit just after looking at the friendlies roster, most will be completed on Sat 02nd June. Maybe start the bidding on Sunday 03rd?? Or do you think that would be cutting it tight??
    what time next week then....? and will it like the NFL Fantasy Daft but with mula? is there a practice draft/auction available before the real deal?

Approved

Are we doing the "hardened fantasy league veteran with 18 in a squad" one, or the "quick punchy version with 11 men in the squad" one? Or somewhere in the middle?

The suggested settings of 15 players, 100m, 2 from a country, and limited transfers seems like something we're all used to.

Im happy to go with the suggested rules if everyone else is

We would want to allow for four bidding rounds just in case and try and have them done before Friday the 8th, what about the following:

Round 1: Deadline midnight Sunday June 3rd
    Round 2: Monday June 4th 12pm until midnight
    Round 3: Tuesday June 5th 12pm until midnight
    Round 4: Wednesday June 6th 12pm until midnight
    what time next week then....? and will it like the NFL Fantasy Daft but with mula? is there a practice draft/auction available before the real deal?

Dont think there is any practice auction, have a look above for suggested dates

Approved

Im happy to go with the suggested rules if everyone else is

We would want to allow for four bidding rounds just in case and try and have them done before Friday the 8th, what about the following:

Round 1: Deadline midnight Sunday June 3rd
    Round 2: Monday June 4th 12pm until midnight
    Round 3: Tuesday June 5th 12pm until midnight
    Round 4: Wednesday June 6th 12pm until

Sounds good to me chief

Maybe just get the emails of everyone involved, in case there not on here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Stekelenberg Tzorvas

Evra Zhirkov Abate Olsson Strinic

Sneijder Iniesta Dzagoev Mvilla Eriksenn

Llorente Gomez Jelavic

Just thinking and would anyone else be interested in changing the players from each country to 3 instead of 2?
    Anyone interested in doing a league for the game below? A bit different from other fantasy games in that there is an auction to buy the players so only one of us will have Ronaldo, Van Persie etc etc.

seems like it could be fun, need a minimum of five players

http://www.fantasyleague.com/Default.aspx

League Name: Boards.ie
    League Code: 43962

League still open if anyone wants to join

Has anyone stuck a head in over in soccer to let them know about the Euro FFs?
    Just thinking and would anyone else be interested in changing the players from each country to 3 instead of 2?

I like 2 because it means a bigger variation in players, instead of having 3 Germans and 3 Spaniards taking up over half your first 11, and probably another 3 Russians, considering the groups.

Wouldn't be the end of the world if we said 3, but my vote (if one has a "vote") would be for 2.

The only problem with 2 from a team is as the tournament progresses you'll want more players from the teams still in it, unless that number can be changed depending on the stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Anyone know the expected Russian front line? Half thinking about the FF Euro's and half about some Euro top goalscorer bets.

Kerzhakov and Pavlyuchenko are both at 66's, and Pogrebnyak is at 80's, although its hard to tell which front two will be rested. My head says Pog but it's hard to not play him after how he's performed for Fulham.

I can definitely see Russia smashing a few goals in, these prices will likely shorten closer to the Euros.

I fancy Kerzhakov. He's had a super season for Zenit

• Advertisement

The only problem with 2 from a team is as the tournament progresses you'll want more players from the teams still in it, unless that number can be changed depending on the stage...

It would have to. They're not going to leave us with a maximum of only 4 players in the final (right?), that would be ridiculous.

Other knock-out FF's I've seen, like the CL one, have the 2 player limit, then increase as the tournament progresses, eventually leaving you with a full 11 for the final.

If that doesn't happen in this one, then I'm gonna lose interest fast. Whether we have 2, 3, or 6 players allowed from each team.

It would have to. They're not going to leave us with a maximum of only 4 players in the final (right?), that would be ridiculous.

Other knock-out FF's I've seen, like the CL one, have the 2 player limit, then increase as the tournament progresses, eventually leaving you with a full 11 for the final.

If that doesn't happen in this one, then I'm gonna lose interest fast. Whether we have 2, 3, or 6 players allowed from each team.

Tbh i dont know the mechanics of the thing. Maybe Munster Magic can clear it up for us

http://www.fantasyleague.com/ProEuro/Content/GameGuideTeamChanges.aspx
    Country quotas and player classifications

When setting up the league, the chairman will set a limit on the number of players each manager may select from any real-life country, which could be a maximum of one, two, three or four players from any nation. Managers may not select more players from each country than the limit allows, and will be restricted from making their requested transfer if they try to exceed that limit.
    The chairman can also increase the quota limits as the tournament progresses. For example, the quota could be set to a maximum of two players per country at the start of the tournament, and increased to four per country after the culmination of the last group stage game.

Transfer Windows and Sealed Bids

Fantasy League Pro Euro 2012 allows each manager to make transfers during the tournament, to get rid of dead wood, and bring in the latest starlet destined for greater glory.
    Transfers are made through the Sealed Bids Engine, with 'transfer windows' set-up throughout the tournament.
    The Sealed Bids Engine provides every manager with a protected area where bids are submitted and held until the transfer deadline. Once the deadline is passed, the system automatically compares the bids and a list of the winners (and losers) is shown.
    The chairman can set up a league's bid windows whenever they want after the start of the tournament, setting a deadline much in the same way as in the Online Auction. You could have one transfer window in between the Group Stage and Knock Out Stage, or allow changes far more frequently by having more transfer windows at regular intervals of several days, perhaps after each set of matches in the Group Stage, and then again between each phase of the Knock Out Stage.

here's the players list to start planning your team....

http://www.fantasyleague.com/ProEuro/Stats/PlayerList.aspx

Good. Starting off with 2 then doubling it when half the teams are knocked out after the groups seems like a reasonable approach.

What does everyone else reckon, 2 or 3 from each team? Id nearly prefer have 3, just by going through it with only 2 and found it tricky enough

3's good with me how about we increase it by 1 with every knockout round

i would like 2 and to keep it at 2 till the semis, but i'll be happy with whatever why we do it.
    looking forward to the bidding wars!

BRING ON THE EUROS

Good. Starting off with 2 then doubling it when half the teams are knocked out after the groups seems like a reasonable approach.
    What does everyone else reckon, 2 or 3 from each team? Id nearly prefer have 3, just by going through it with only 2 and found it tricky enough
    3's good with me how about we increase it by 1 with every knockout round
    i would like 2 and to keep it at 2 till the semis, but i'll be happy with whatever why we do it.
    looking forward to the bidding wars!

BRING ON THE EUROS

So thats 2 in favour of keeping it at 2 players and 2 at changing it to 3, I will send a pm to the other 2 guys and see what they think

Are ye happy with the rest of the rules?

Squad Size:
    15 players per team.

Auction Budget:
    £100 million.

Tournament Budget:
    £25 million, plus any budget left over from the auction.

Bid Increments:
    £0.5 million increments for all bids.

Transfers:
    Maximum of 20 transfers in the tournament;
    Maximum of 10 transfers in Group Stage;
    Maximum of 10 transfers in Knockout Stage.

Formations:
    All three formations (4-4-2, 4-3-3, 5-3-2) available.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Sky Sports have also come out with their Fantasy Football. At first glance it doesn't look like much but when you delve deeper you can see that they have done analysis on players contribution in the qualifying stages, which is a great use when picking your fringe players.

It has a 'Qualifier Stats' tab and a totally new 'Compare Players' tab, although the latter only compares stats from Euro 2012. See below as an example of the qualifying stats:

2llj9xk.jpg

I wouldn't have considered Rosicky before now, but 6 assists in his opening 9 qualifers is not a bad return at all, and Czech Republic have the easiest starting group. I wouldn't have even considered him up until seeing those stats. Even if you decide against playing this FF version, it's a goldmine for info...

• Advertisement

Copper pipe has voted to keep the rule of 2 players per country while captain bob has voted to change it to 3 players per country.

So that leaves us with a 3-3 draw, guess we will have to leave it at 2 players per country.

I will leave the league open until Saturday night if anyone else wants to enter, I will have to close it then to start the auction

Advertisement