Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham preview nights

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭woodlands

donaghmore ashbournes final line up is :
    paul carberry,andrew lynch,robbie power,jim dreaper and brian flanagan (the star) mc is tony o hehir
    should be a great night with some special footage of the great arkle
    tickets €20 with €5 free bet from bambury bookmakers,complimetary free food afterwards
    tickets @ club reception/bar 01 8499140

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭woodlands

Donaghmore ashbourne gaa have added barney Curley as a special guest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

I have been invovled in charity for years Noel Mead,Carrbery.Martin etc, etc these people are top class .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

sting60 wrote: »
    I have been invovled in charity for years Noel Mead,Carrbery.Martin etc, etc these people are top class but then a jockey and his father wanthing 5,000e each,**** your charity.

Think I know who you're speaking about there. Was fairly amazed to hear a story about it from someone who was organising one.

• Advertisement

Think I know who you're speaking about there. Was fairly amazed to hear a story about it from someone who was organising one.

:eek: Would be interested in hearing who it is if you want to PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

Fairly obvious who they are. And both will throw a strop if anyone questions their judgment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Long Shadow

Date: Wednesday 29th February 2012 (8pm Sharp)

Venue: Westmanstown Sports and Conference Centre, Dublin 15

Panel: Ruby Walsh, Barry Geraghty, Davy Russell, Jessica Harrington, Colm Murphy, Donn McClean (The Sunday Times), Paddy Power and Ivan Yeats (MC).
    Conference Call: Willie Mullins & Paul Nicholls

Tickets: €20 plus available at (01) 8207888, price includes a €5 free bet with Paddy Power and finger food.

Draw Prizes; Trip for two to Gold Cup, Annual Badges 2012 for top Racecourses, VIP Tickets to Leinster Football Final 2012, one year free gym membership and many more all in aid of the 'Tania McCabe Foundation'

Sponsors: 'PaddyPower.com'

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Panel: Ruby Walsh, Barry Geraghty, Davy Russell, Jessica Harrington, Colm Murphy, Donn McClean (The Sunday Times), Paddy Power and Ivan Yeats (MC).

Tickets: €20 plus available at (01) 8207888, price includes a €5 free bet with Paddy Power and finger food.

Draw Prizes; Trip for two to Gold Cup, Annual Badges 2012 for top Racecourses, VIP Tickets to Leinster Football Final 2012, one year free gym membership and many more all in aid of the 'Tania McCabe Foundation'

Thanks for the info. Anyone going this year??
    Will try make this myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

There's a review from a preview in tipp with Russel, power and lynch doing the rounds. Google tipperary Cheltenham preview night, and set the search to this week and you should find what was said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

Hi Catherine,

is it possible to buy tickets online or in dublin ??

thanks Phil

Just to let you know the prizes for the Cheltenham Preview night in the Woodlands Hotel are:

1. VIP day for four at Punchestown Festival

2. Overnight accomodation for two at the Cliff House Hotel, Ardmore plus dinner

3. A year's membership of Woodlands Leisure centre.

4. Fourball at Capella Golf resort , Castlemartyr, Co. Cork.

5. Luxury Hamper from Ardkeen Stores.
    Proceeds of the night are in aid of Alzheimer's Association, Waterford Branch and Vincent de Paul.

If u can't go maybe buy a ticket to support the charities and have a chance to win some great prizes!!!!!!

Great work, collecting my tickets tonight. See you there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Catherine Power

tickets are not available online or in dublin but if you ring the Woodlands Hotel on 051 392700 they can be reserved for you.

Cu there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

Thanks Catherine, will do.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Anyone going this year??
    Will try make this myself.

I am going Slattsy, it was great last year except for the guy in front of me winning The Gold Cup trip - gutted.

I got my tickets tonight, the lineup is:

Ivan Yates (MC)
    Barry Geraghty
    Davy Russell
    Ruby Walsh
    Colm Murphy
    Jessica Harrington
    Paddy Power
    Donn Mc Clean
    Paul Nicholls by phone
    Willie Mullins by phone

Carlsberg don't do Cheltenham preview nights but Westmanstown Sports Centre do :D:D:D:D

Lads...Johnny francome is out on his own when it comes to panellists.
    I've been to a few over the last few years and Francome is without a doubt the best there is and that goes for Walsh, Geraghty, Yates, Paddy Power...the lot

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

can anyone tell me is there one in or near carlow this year. the dinn ri had one last year but cant seem to find any info for this year

Lads...Johnny francome is out on his own when it comes to panellists.
    I've been to a few over the last few years and Francome is without a doubt the best there is and that goes for Walsh, Geraghty, Yates, Paddy Power...the lot

Davy Russell is brilliant and good craic, Ruby and Geraghty are funny too.

Oddly enough didn't see you typing about how hot any of the other panelists are, just Francome :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

hucklebuck wrote: »
    I got my tickets tonight, the lineup is:

Ivan Yates (MC)
    Barry Geraghty
    Davy Russell
    Ruby Walsh
    Colm Murphy
    Jessica Harrington
    Paddy Power
    Donn Mc Clean
    Paul Nicholls by phone
    Willie Mullins by phone

Carlsberg don't do Cheltenham preview nights but Westmanstown Sports Centre do :D:D:D:D

I'll do a decent write up of the Leopardstown one with Segal and Willie Mullins if you and whoever else cover that one!

• Advertisement

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I'll do a decent write up of the Leopardstown one with Segal l and Willie Mullins if you and whoever else cover that one!

Good stuff, I will do this one and as last year send it around. ****ers that never said thanks last year can sing for it!

If you get a chance could you ask Mullins about Samain please. The MC only spoke with the phone guests last year.

Hucklebuck did a great write up from last year. If I remember correctly I think Davy Russell spoke more sense and picked a few winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cheltenham 2012

:)Sunday March 4th at 7.45 pm
    The Stillorgan Park Hotel
    Panel Includes Barry Geraghty, Davy Russell, Jessica Harrington, Tony Mullins,Henry de Bromhead,
    Leo Powell,Noel O’Brien, Barry Orr (Betfair) & MC Matt Chapman of Attheraces.
    In aid of the Irish Horse Welfare Trust (IHWT) and the National Rehabilitation Hospital (NRH)
    Tickets only €20 which includes finger food.
    Book now on 01 2881624,0872496074 or log onto www.ihwt.ie

Hucklebuck did a great write up from last year. If I remember correctly I think Davy Russell spoke more sense and picked a few winners.

Cheers man, Davy is great at them. Though not sure about his Gagewell Flyer talk...
    He is very funny and honest.

I nearly threw something at the stage last year when a few of them referred to Grands Crus as a handicapper when he clearly wasnt.

hucklebuck wrote: »

Cheers man, Davy is great at them. Though not sure about his Gagewell Flyer talk...
    He is very funny and honest.

I nearly threw something at the stage last year when a few of them referred to Grands Crus as a handicapper when he clearly wasnt.

Maybe compared to Big Bucks !!!!!!

Maybe compared to Big Bucks !!!!!!

Nah, they were saying he is just a handicapper, he got Big Buck well off the bridle. Couldn't believe the distain of some people saying he was just a handicapper, he won the Cleve on the bridle by an eased down 10 lengths from Knockara Beau.

Geraghty did say Big Bucks was like buying money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Around what time will the Waterford preview night finish up? Trying to figure out a way of getting down and back.

The Waterford preview usually finishes around 11.30 or maybe a little later.
    It's difficult to get it started on time with the numbers that turn up ........

regarding Francome, I stand over my claim that he's the best panellist around, very few are as quick witted and as entertaining as he is.

when it comes to tipping though, it's worth listening carefully to Davy Russell
    last year he gave Hurricane Fly as a dead cert!!!
    First lieutenant (7/1) and Cheltenian (14/1) to win the bumper.

three winners from every panellist would make a very profitable Cheltenham. Thye're not all going to give you loads of winners but if you listen carefully you can work out what they're serious about.

Tom Segal is always good for a few decent priced winners also.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Make A Stand

hope Russell takes on Ted Walsh at Waterford preview.
    good craic at the last few preview with DR well able for TED

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Any preview nights in the west at all?

Don't particularly fancy a drive to Kildare/Waterford/Westmeath.

Advertisement