Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

protecting car battery in cold weather

• 09-01-2010 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

last few mornings have had to jump start the car. is there anything i can do to prevent it dying again tonight? a girl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭patrickc

iguana2005 wrote: »
    last few mornings have had to jump start the car. is there anything i can do to prevent it dying again tonight? a girl

a good battery shouldnt really keep dying in the cold, so possibly you need a new one, how old is the current one do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

Unfortunately you need to replace it..... end of story ! it will probably still give trouble when the weather warms up so might as well get the benefit of a new one now. Batteries are a consumable when it comes to cars and any battery over three years old is doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭iguana2005

yeah its old and probably needs changing alright. no worries will pop along to mechanic on monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Pure Top

sorry girl new battery and asap I think, soreeee

Advertisement