Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nieosobowe formy czasownika (przeszLym)

• 20-01-2012 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm having some trouble to find a definitive pattern in the Depersonal verbs, past tense.

I understand the conjugations with -ać, -eć to -ano (czytać > czytano)

My main issue is with -ić verb endings. They change to -iono or -to (bawić > bawiono and bić > bito). I feel that -bić ending verbs are the exception and I should follow the -iono ending with -ić verb endings

I've checked all my textbooks, dictionaries and Oscar Swan 'Polish in a nutshell', but have been unable to find the solution.

Thanks in advance,
    CG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

con1982 wrote: »
    I'm having some trouble to find a definitive pattern in the Depersonal verbs, past tense.
    There's none, mate
    From what I remember from primary school was depersonal verbs in:
    - present tense end with -ć (czytać , bawić, pić, bić)
    - past tense end with -no (czytano, bawiono)
    - what just came to me - short (3-letter) verbs get -ć replaced with -to: (pito, bito)
    Thanks in advance,
    CG
    Proszę bardzo

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Thanks.
    beazee wrote: »
    There's none, mate
    From what I remember from primary school was depersonal verbs in:
    - present tense end with -ć (czytać , bawić, pić, bić)
    - past tense end with -no (czytano, bawiono)
    - what just came to me - short (3-letter) verbs get -ć replaced with -to: (pito, bito)

Proszę bardzo

Advertisement