Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The O.C.- most unimaginative script writers.

• 08-03-2005 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

All that's on is people breaking up with eachother. I check in on it time to time coz its more of a comedy. They break up for no reason. But Merissa is the definition of sexy! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

If you dont like it dont watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It's just a re-hash of Dawsons creek and 90210, i.e. rubbish. Seen a few minutes of a few episodes, doesn't really entice me to watch more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

It's just entertainment. Why get worked up?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭bacon?

bubblegum for the brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

It's not a take off of Dawson's Creek. Even though I loved watching DC, it annoyed me at times with the big words and silly story lines.

The OC is far more entertaining :D Never seen 90210 so can't comment on that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

jor el wrote:
    It's just a re-hash of Dawsons creek and 90210, i.e. rubbish. Seen a few minutes of a few episodes, doesn't really entice me to watch more.

No it's not, I hate when people compare it to Dawson's Creek (only people who have only watched snippits).

The script may not be the most imaginative, but the show is doing great in the ratings so why risk that?

They did bring in the new lesbian storyline, which I'm sure will entice the lads.

lets be honest. if they brought out a tv drama that was completely different, no one here would watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

the OC is nothing more than a gulity pleasure for me,i enjoy it and expect nothing more.I watch other intelligent shows like Carnivale,Jack and Bobby etc. so I get my imaginative scripts from those and other shows!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Oh Jesus I hate The OC. Everybody hooks up in random permutations, then the next week they all swap. Now the attention whore lesbian story? What happened, did the writers run out of hetero combinations? And what the hell age is anybody supposed to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Vibe

If u seen the new episodes u woundn't b saying that there the best so far.four new people seth's comic there's more then just breaking up and then alex and merissa wit a bit of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Oh Jesus I hate The OC. Everybody hooks up in random permutations, then the next week they all swap. Now the attention whore lesbian story? What happened, did the writers run out of hetero combinations? And what the hell age is anybody supposed to be?
    They put all the character names in two hats, male in one and female in the other. They pick one from each, put the names into a computer and it generates a story for them, the writers then just press print and it's all done. The must have accidently put a female name into the male hat and a female name was picked from both hats. The writers didn't know what to do so just put both female names into the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm sure I seen an episode of this where it turned out alot of them were secretly related to each other.

I think it was the Chrismanakauh episode. Personally I thought Festivus was a much better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

Personally I thought Festivus was a much better idea.

A festivus for the rest of us :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

biggest waste of an hour u can have with your life is to watch this.
    IT IS dawsons creek except the kids have more money.
    watch the news or a documentry instead and let ur brain breath ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Watch Jack and Bobby on TV3,its on the same time as The OC.honestly,its surprisingly intelligent for american tv,especially The WB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Jazzy wrote:
    IT IS dawsons creek except the kids have more money.

NO IT ISN'T :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Next episode on TG4, there will be lesbians. LESBIANS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

I'm sure I seen an episode of this where it turned out alot of them were secretly related to each other.

I think it was the Chrismanakauh episode. Personally I thought Festivus was a much better idea.

Are you thinking of when they all find out that Shannon Lucio's character is really Caleb's illegitimate daughter & Kirsten now has a new half sister & Seth a new aunt. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

This thread proves that people who watch the OC are for the most part, morons.

Wat D U tink of Marisa? I thnk she Is TOO HOT!!! LOL!!!! Omg Did U c that Crismuaker Episoad?iT was graet.Linsiy Daugheter of Caleb!! oMG!!

I'm ashamed to watch it, but I like the writers' sense of humour. Plus, the girls who play Lindsay and Alex are ffffffffffffffffffffit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

The writing is not great, the upside down kiss with the spiderman thing a few weeks ago was just vomitingly stupid!

But it has an OK sound track at times. Thinking of the "hallelluja" music end of last season! Go Rufus!

Not that i watch it or anything.....ahem!...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I've only watched one episode, and it hurt me, it hurt me real bad.

there are some very cringeworthy moments, but when its good its very good. it always felt like a slightly simpler version of the "West Wing" or "gimore girls."

gilmore girls rocks. now lets have a thread on that!.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,853 ✭✭✭✭Stark

How the hell did Marissa turn lesbian? Just two weeks ago, if you let your dick poke out of your underwear she'd have pounced on it before you had time to blush. I mean the girl was a maneater, and now we're just supposed to accept that "no wait, actually she's gay".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Stark wrote:
    How the hell did Marissa turn lesbian? Just two weeks ago, if you let your dick poke out of your underwear she'd have pounced on it before you had time to blush. I mean the girl was a maneater, and now we're just supposed to accept that "no wait, actually she's gay".

LOL

That is funny! Because it is true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

I think they were trying to compare her and mother and how she hates her mother but infact they are very alike. Her mother says that she went through the same "phase".

I think it is good and it doesn't try to be anything else than what it is.

I have started to watch it more. I first started watching when I was hung over and lying in beb.
    It is just good hang over tv that doesn't make you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭ScruffySlayer

Stark wrote:
    Sorry don't know what channel you're watching this on but I've been following this on TG4 and I have to say they're building this storyline up much better than I expected. You get the impression there's a tension between them and it's not like Marisa's decided "I'm a big oul lesbian now!". Besides sexuality is fluid for alot of people. Although Buffy did this story a lot better (hardly shocking)
    Anyway as for the show itself, I loved it when it started, it was a bit dark, very funny and shot in this wierd bleached out way that made Newport looking gorgeous and horrible at the same time. Then it went fluffy but managed to do it well and always entertained me. Now this year it's HORRID. Lame plotting, annoying characters.. there's been 1 epsiode this year I've really enjoyed. Anyone else agree?

terrible terrible dawsons creek clone.
    absolute drivel..... and lets get this nice and clear

IT IS DAWSONS CREEK EXCEPT RICHER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

What does it matter if it is but some people would disagree with you.
    The show is what it is.

Delta_ie wrote:
    The show is what it is.

exactly, and IT IS just a dawsons creek clone.
    sugar coated cr*p about feelings and other unimportent issues.
    although i will say it seems to take itself a little more seriously then dawsons crack..... still just a dire waste of an hour of ur life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Jazzy wrote:
    terrible terrible dawsons creek clone.
    absolute drivel..... and lets get this nice and clear

[EDIT]

Making your stupid point for a second time in big letters doesn't make it any more worthy of attention.

Advertisement