Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

quake 4 SE for €20 in xtravisioin, i bought it, you get Q2 with 2 expantion packs with it. and a shiny case, which has proved far more entertaining.(havnt got a chance to really get into the game yet:( )

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Amped 3 for 360 for just £17.99 (bout €25) - http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/HP/3-/734629/Amped_3/Product.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

Pariah in Game €2.99
    not bad and its a decent shooter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

This is the biggest bargin I have ever seen Halo triple pack. (Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 2 multiplayer map.) In HMV in Henry St. for €13.99:eek: . I only noticed 1 but if you look around you might find another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Warriors 24 in Game

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bob Lawblaw

Silent Hill 4 on Xbox @ €7.99 from HMV brand spankers.

Hurry though, it's only during the summer sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Picked up Black for Xbox for €30 in Game yesterday. It was there for PS2 at same price too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Few new additions to the play.com sale, I was only looking at the ps2 games but from them the most notable new addition is the godfather for £17.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭wilser

fifa world cup for xbox 360 for 22.95 in xtravision,not a bad game but when i traded it in GAME they gave me €35 credit, was well chuffed...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

wilser wrote:
    fifa world cup for xbox 360 for 22.95 in xtravision,not a bad game but when i traded it in GAME they gave me €35 credit, was well chuffed...

I bought it from xtravision for €23 too, asked gamestop and a different xtravision how much they'd give me for trade and the best offer I got was about €18 store credit. Forgot about game, damn. The disc cracked about 5 days after I bought it anyway so I just went in and got my money back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 macfhi

There is a new site www.swapclub.ie for students to swap/sell games. its a lot cheaper than losing money every time you sell one and buy another from a shop and Its free for 30 days

They are also looking for a student to promote them in every college and make money on commissions
    e mail them at swapclub@aerbeo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

^ Reported. I think advertising is a no-no. If it's cool by the mods then I apologise in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭RedXIII

Wow is 20e in xtravision in carlow...ask at the counter in ur local, they have 7 copies in carlow, yet only 1 displayed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ikaruga (GC) - €26.99
    I know I said that I would never recommend play again after their Euro pricing fiasco, but they've got that all sorted out now and are just so handy for impulse (re)purchases like this...:)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Psychonauts (PC) - Game - €5.98
    Bargain :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Psychonauts (PC) - Game - €5.98
    Bargain :)

The (ever-so-slightly choppy) PS2 is silly cheap in GAME too. More than €6, but still an absolute steal. YOU CRETINOUS GAMES-BUYING PUBLIC.*

*By which I obviously don't mean anyone here, kind mods and lovely people.

Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (PS2) - €17.99
    Pretty damn tempting even for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Yeah but are play still not posting games to Ireland?

They are if you use Euro as the payment method
    It works out a tiny bit more expensive than Sterling, but isn't as bad as they used to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

This £2 discount link on CDWOW (games only, everything else 50p discount) still works.

Combine it with a voucher and, ye never know. Could get lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

wba88 wrote:

...and we can't use Sterling no more. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Company of Heroes in Smyths with free Dawn of War GOTY

€39,99

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

Bought Guild Wars Special Edition for €15 in Game Henry street Dublin a couple of days ago. That is a good price and the special edition comes with an extra book and some in game goodies.

Here's an opprotunity to try out an MMORPG for very little money - Guild wars has no monthly sub. This is the original prophecies campaign but there still seems to be plenty of players around.

...and we can't use Sterling no more. :mad:
    It works with Euro as well though, I got €7.49 off an order:)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055007214
    cheers wba88

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Company of Heros special edition with Warhammer and all those collectors cards and crap is on special this week in game (in galway) for 29.99..
    They've a few other good deals too

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Fuzzballs

GRAW: AWF for 360 €29.99 in Virgin.
    Also Prince of Persia triple pack for PS2 €29.99 in Game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Pro Evo 6 xbox 360 - 29.99 in Game in Galway

GRAW game of the Year edition 39.99 in xtravision

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭wilser

call of duty 2 for xbox 360 7.99
    tomb raider for xbox 360 17.99 both in currys