Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I would have enjoyed seeing that myself, space Nazis getting served, what's not to love?
    Although Portal2 says moon dust is toxic, like Britney, so one of them is lying...

Went to see Moonrise Kingdom last night in Blanch, what a great film, what a perfectly great film, oddly it reminded me of a Ghibli film, with each scene dense with detail and affection for the subject and setting
    I hope Prometheus is its disturbed, hard to love cousin, filled with similar detail but with an added desire to eat your entrails through your nose, with a spoon! ("why a spoon my Lord?"," 'Cos it'll hurt more!")

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Off to see Moonrise... in an hour myself. Find it harder to justify spending time in a darkened room watching films or playing games in conditions such as this!

Not sure if the lack of early reviews of Prometheus mean Fox are terrified or they're just being cocky bastards. Both, maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Off to see Moonrise... in an hour myself. Find it harder to justify spending time in a darkened room watching films or playing games in conditions such as this!

Not sure if the lack of early reviews of Prometheus mean Fox are terrified or they're just being cocky bastards. Both, maybe?

Probably both yeah.

Games always win out. There's less people, unless your online, in which case it's like the cinema in your house for moronism :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll hopefully find out at the midnight screening in Blanch on Thursday!
    It'll either be a reason to elevate Scott to Sainthood, or a reason to bury him along with the franchise he bore and buried, nice bookend action there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

just saw that two new sega collections are available on xbla.
    one collection features all 3 wonderboy in monsterland games.
    Up there in my top md games ever.
    second collection features alex kid,super hang on and revenge of shinobi.
    worth it for shinobi.
    Downloading them now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

just saw that two new sega collections are available on xbla.
    one collection features all 3 wonderboy in monsterland games.
    Up there in my top md games ever.
    second collection features alex kid,super hang on and revenge of shinobi.
    worth it for shinobi.
    Downloading them now :)

I don't suppose the WTF bosses are intact in Revenge of Shinobi.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

a5y wrote: »

Every time I play a new release of that game, it seems one is missing. I'd be suprised if Joe Musashi was even in it at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

U
    o1s1n wrote: »
    a5y wrote: »

Every time I play a new release of that game, it seems one is missing. I'd be suprised if Joe Musashi was even in it at this point.

They did take him out!

Look it up in wiki the original title screen had musashi looking like sonny chibi and they had to change it recently

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ah for jaysus sake!!!!!

Software revision 1.04 (2009): Since the licensed use of the boss Spider-Man was for a limited period of time, the game was subsequently prevented from being re-released years later. The 2009 release for the Virtual Console features a new specific software revision (1.04) that omits the Marvel copyright notice and replaces Spider-Man with a pink palette swap of the character that still behaves the same as the licensed Spider-Man.[4] Joe Musashi's design in the title screen was also altered to remove his likeness to Sonny Chiba.

Playing some of that Galaga 3DS game today, very like Starblade, pity Namco didn't stick ole' Blady in there as a bonus.... mean feckers!
    Still, it's a nice little cart, have my eye on Trackmania Turbo and an affordable copy of Cave Story 3D, so if you come across either one, keep me in mind!
    Any one know anything about Cubic Ninja for the 3DS?
    A certain GS has a copy but it's €40, and that's preowned!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Playing some of that Galaga 3DS game today
    I just watched Arino playing it, how weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Oh Dear :rolleyes:

I've a feeling Bill Gates wished this didn't exist. Quality is awful but its the only version.

Well, with his sort of money he can probably get away with doing a few cameos in all sorts....
    Gates Vs Master Onion?
    Gates Vs Ryu?
    Gates Vs Bioshocks Big Daddy??

Microsoft.... what would you like to re-install today???

I had to do a very sad thing over the weekend. I had to clean out a bunch of my games and put them in storage :( I normally like to keep as many games close to hand as possible but after a few "job lot" purchases it just wasn't possible to have all the games on show and consoles hooked up in the man cave.

It's very difficult to decide which games go into storage and which ones get to stay on the shelf or in the press. It was my Sophie's Choice, except much more difficult :)
    Anyway, during my clean up i noticed my NTSC Saturn collection is pretty crap and needs a lot of work(I have a few rarities but not many standard games).

So, Sega Saturn(Jap NTSC), what should be in my top 20 list of games?
    Bear in mind I have the main rare/hard to/pricey games for it(Radiant Silvergun(2 copies, one sealed), Panzer Dragoon Saga, Saturn Bomberman, Guardian Heroes, Battle Garegga(not in great condition so must get a better copy of it)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I also have a sad task, ive to sell off a lot of my stuff for my wedding :( I was hoping i wouldnt have to do this but i need the money. 56 megadrive games, boxed amiga 1200, few megacd games and possibly more will be going up on adverts, i already have a couple of things up there.

Due to the fact i need the money, i will be putting them up for probably stupid money in some cases to deal with the half price offers you get on there. so dont post me in dreamer of the year thread :D

Ill be keeping my NES collection for now and as much stuff as i can.

keithgeo wrote: »
    I also have a sad task, ive to sell off a lot of my stuff for my wedding :( I was hoping i wouldnt have to do this but i need the money. 56 megadrive games, boxed amiga 1200, few megacd games and possibly more will be going up on adverts, i already have a couple of things up there.

Due to the fact i need the money, i will be putting them up for probably stupid money in some cases to deal with the half price offers you get on there. so dont post me in dreamer of the year thread :D

Would you not stick them up on eBay? I'd say you'd do better from that, especially if you stick the games up individually.

Ill prob do that, im going to give adverts a go first, i have until october so im not in a rush at the minute. if i dont get decent prices on adverts ill go to ebay .

In that case man, drop your membership card off at the door, do not collect €200 & do not pass GO. Instead, check out this forum as your new regular haunt - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=670

We will remember you fondly

haha, I have no choice im afraid, its a reluctant sale. Im kinda hoping they dont sell :D still though, when i get over the wedding im going start buying a few cabs, so i dont mind the trade off!

haha, I have no choice im afraid, its a reluctant sale. Im kinda hoping they dont sell :D still though, when i get over the wedding im going start buying a few cabs, so i dont mind the trade off!

But, you don't "have" to get married dude!
    There's always another option, I can sort you out with a new identity if you like. My family is down around where you live I think, I can send the brother over to collect your retro gear and collect it from him over the next few weeks so I can "mind" it for you while you lay low and get settled into your new life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Steve SI wrote: »
    So, Sega Saturn(Jap NTSC), what should be in my top 20 list of games?
    Bear in mind I have the main rare/hard to/pricey games for it(Radiant Silvergun(2 copies, one sealed), Panzer Dragoon Saga, Saturn Bomberman, Guardian Heroes, Battle Garegga(not in great condition so must get a better copy of it)

Cho Aniki is a must have.

Steve SI wrote: »
    But, you don't "have" to get married dude!
    There's always another option, I can sort you out with a new identity if you like. My family is down around where you live I think, I can send the brother over to collect your retro gear and collect it from him over the next few weeks so I can "mind" it for you while you lay low and get settled into your new life.

If i hear anything else about the colour of flowers, bridesmaid dresses or cakes i might take you up on that offer!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If i hear anything else about the colour of flowers, bridesmaid dresses or cakes i might take you up on that offer!

Two words: Life partner.

Tell her that you want to make her a life partner and that you don't need some one that hasn't had sex in years if at all tell you that you can now live together. Once you have ruined her chances of having the day she has always wanted since she was a little girl you'll be single.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Its finally over

Had my second exam for the A+ today and believe it or not i passed:D:D

Time to get completely pissed :eek:

Ill prob do that, im going to give adverts a go first, i have until october so im not in a rush at the minute. if i dont get decent prices on adverts ill go to ebay .
    Well they're doing free listings really often now, so just keep an eye out for them :3

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Its finally over
    Had my second exam for the A+ today and believe it or not i passed:D:D

Time to get completely pissed impersonate Atavan

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Cho Aniki is a must have.

All joking aside it probably is worth having in the collection. It's going up in price as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Looks like BBC accidentally put a logo from Halo on screen instead of the UN one :pac:

Maybe the Flood has arrived in Syria and Master Chief has arrived to kick some ass and take some names!

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Maybe the Flood has arrived in Syria and Master Chief has arrived to kick some ass and take some names!

Nah Syria is well safe, it has no oil :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement