Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sherlock confirms that ‘Irish SOPA’ has been signed into law

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Hellrazer wrote: »
    On another note can you be arrested for egging politicians??

I would take the chance if I saw him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I'm fairly certain you could get done for assault...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Wouldn't it be worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Wouldn't it be worth it?

How old are you, 12?

No offence, but what exactly would this achieve?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

seriously?

Well since all my local Td`s ignored me when I told them that I didnt want a stock answer and wanted their honest opinion on the SI (after already receiving a stock answer) I would seriously consider it.They still havent replied to me.To be totally honest it might make them sit up and listen.

Its either that or the other idea I had was to get some flyers/posters done up done up and stick them up all over the locality on the night before Paddys day.
    I was thinking of the poster with Mr Sherlock saying he didnt listen--Think its in this thread somewhere.

Theres someone after my own heart but unfortunately Im a long way from Cork :D

Would it be worth it???

Fook it--Definately.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

How old are you, 12?

Nope but I am a long time Labour supporter(18+ years) that I feel has been let down completely by this idiot.

None really but it would feel so good seeing their faces.Especially if you made it clear what it was about to waiting media..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Wouldn't it be worth it?
    Think of the 'thanks' it would get here, you would be treated like a god.

Owen_S wrote: »
    Think of the 'thanks' it would get here, you would be treated like a god.

That alone would be worth it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

How old are you, 12?

Well bai... Sherlock would be annoyed and put out by having to clean himself.

How's that identifying-yourself-with-footballers-instead-of-achieving-something-for-yourself going for you, you big grown man you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

I was patient with him, but he's a condescending arséhole really, his standard reply now is "durr read the copyright review"; he said that to me (in quite the condescending manner), even though I was polite and stated in the email he replied to that I had read it; twat.

He will only deflect issues raised rather than discussing them now, which shows a complete lack of honesty in discourse in my opinion.

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    Well bai... Sherlock would be annoyed and put out by having to clean himself.

How's that identifying-yourself-with-footballers-instead-of-achieving-something-for-yourself going for you, you big grown man you?

Well excuse me for thinking that pelting him with eggs isn't the answer.

I fully agree it would be very satisfying to see, however if anything it would make him stick to his principles even more.

There really isn't any need for the name calling craic btw, I wasn't trying to be condensending, I was simply stating that throwing eggs at him isn't a mature way of going about things.

I was patient with him, but he's a condescending arséhole really, his standard reply now is "durr read the copyright review"; he said that to me (in quite the condescending manner), even though I was polite and stated in the email he replied to that I had read it; twat.

He will only deflect issues raised rather than discussing them now, which shows a complete lack of honesty in discourse in my opinion.

Tis the exact same with all of the currently elected Lab/Fg td`s--Stock answers,we`ll send your greivances to Mr Sherlock who then cant be arsed to reply for 3 weeks,and then when he does its a copy/paste job.

None of my local td`s will return emails,not one of them will meet up face to face for a discussion.They wont even take a phone call to discuss it.

I was extremely polite in the beginning but Im pissed off with the lack of communication and thats really annoyed me and I feel I have to do something and what better way than to show them up when theyre doing the whole St Patricks day thing.
    So called representatives--they arent representing me.Muppets the lot of them--cant wait till they knock at the door lookign for me to vote "Yes" in the upcoming referendum--God help them--Those fookers will wish they were egged if they knock on my door.

There really isn't any need for the name calling craic btw...
    This is name calling?
    grindle wrote: »
    ...you big grown man you?
    Pot, meet kettle.
    How old are you, 12?

Neither's really a name-call anyway, just pointing out the hypocrisy of calling someone's maturity into question when you might as well be wearing a Thundercats jumper and a tea-towel around your neck, flying like Superman around your estate.

Only havin' the rise...;)

Tis the exact same with all of the currently elected Lab/Fg td`s--Stock answers,we`ll send your greivances to Mr Sherlock who then cant be arsed to reply for 3 weeks,and then when he does its a copy/paste job.

None of my local td`s will return emails,not one of them will meet up face to face for a discussion.They wont even take a phone call to discuss it.

I was extremely polite in the beginning but Im pissed off with the lack of communication and thats really annoyed me and I feel I have to do something and what better way than to show them up when theyre doing the whole St Patricks day thing.
    So called representatives--they arent representing me.Muppets the lot of them--cant wait till they knock at the door lookign for me to vote "Yes" in the upcoming referendum--God help them--Those fookers will wish they were egged if they knock on my door.
    Ya it's frustrating alright; I think the idea of printing out flyers and posting them around (and more directly, leaflets into peoples doors) is a good idea, though would want to make sure you word them very objectively/clearly.

Eggs, whilst I can understand the temptation in light of frustration, would be more a personal satisfaction (with a lot of trouble attached), than good though, heh :)
    They'd likely use that to portray all people against the new law as 'hysterical' etc. as they did in light of the Anonymous attacks on their websites.

Look, let it be. Stupid argument, next on the list to be brought in is "my dads bigger than yours"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Nope but I am a long time Labour supporter(18+ years) that I feel has been let down completely by this idiot.

None really but it would feel so good seeing their faces.Especially if you made it clear what it was about to waiting media..

I would be one of the first people to say egging anybody would be a childish stupid thing to do, but at the same time, there needs to be more attention given to this, and if there were cameras following him then it could do something for drawing the spotlight on the whole issue.

which is really why the media needs to get involved. he'll answer stuff then, with enough pressure. problem is the group of people that care about this aren't the loudest in the country. (we need to get in with the OAPs :pac:)

Look, let it be. Stupid argument, next on the list to be brought in is "my dads bigger than yours"!

C'mere'til I ride ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Im 20 and got to voted for the first time last year for Labour as all the other parties seemed pretty crap. Now labour have lost my vote...Who am I suppose to vote for now?

Looks like a spoiled vote from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Also just found this. Anybody watch it? Sean Sherlock on this act.

which is really why the media needs to get involved. he'll answer stuff then, with enough pressure. problem is the group of people that care about this aren't the loudest in the country. (we need to get in with the OAPs :pac:)
    Ya true, just the media has something to gain from being able to clamp down on linking to copyrighted material online, and are largely subservient to the state (particularly RTE, being publicly funded).

In addition to that, look at the disdainful attitude of the 'old media' (newspapers, tv news etc.) towards stuff like boards.ie and online discourse in general; seems very much an uphill battle getting noticed, would need an organized group of somewhat influential people trying to develop good enough political and media connections to get things on the radar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

Well excuse me for thinking that pelting him with eggs isn't the answer.

I fully agree it would be very satisfying to see, however if anything it would make him stick to his principles even more.
    He has no principles, he's a sellout :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

You can't stop me Sean Sherlock,I can now download a car.Print it off & drive it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Very good video aabout all of this and more.
    its an hour long but good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭batistuta9

someone told me they thought it would be a good idea to have a competition similar to the one in the states to make him the irish equivalent of Rick Santorum.
    google santorum if you don't know what i'm on about.

what do we think about that people?

Advertisement