Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW34/35/36 Plans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

RB100 wrote: »
    What do you people think of getting in Cabaye and Barfa for next week?

thinking of taking a 4 point hit to bring one of the above in, is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

im thinking of going with ba, everyones going for cisse ... is the the double GW the return of the ba?:D

also im taking a 4 point hit again in the double GW, i took 1 this week to get tevez in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

PWEI wrote: »
    Yea I'm getting in a goalkeeper & a defender & was thinking about Cahill & Friedel. But the way Spurs are playing at the moment I'm now leaning towards Cech & Jagielka. Decisions decision's. :confused:

I'm thinking of going Cahill and Howard. Cech is just so damn expensive. Plus I want to be able to play my keeper in each of the last 3 weeks and I wouldn't fancy Cech at Liverpool.

PWEI wrote: »
    Yea I'm getting in a goalkeeper & a defender & was thinking about Cahill & Friedel. But the way Spurs are playing at the moment I'm now leaning towards Cech & Jagielka. Decisions decision's. :confused:

I'm thinking of going Cahill and Howard. Cech is just so damn expensive. Plus I want to be able to play my keeper in each of the last 3 weeks and I wouldn't fancy Cech at Liverpool.

That's right because we all know how andy Carroll has turned into a world class striker with his goal last week lol , I'd fancy Cech against pool without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

im thinking of going with ba, everyones going for cisse ... is the the double GW the return of the ba?:D

I love Ba but his fantasy days are well gone for this season. Cisse is the only striker in the league who has any kind of form. 9 goals in his last 6 matches. You'd be crazy to go for anyone else in the game imo, RVP, Aguero, Tevez and Rooney included.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

What are the chances of Mata starting both games in the DGW?

Cisse and Dempsey are raping my season...

F*u*ing got the gap back to 10 points and then my rival captains Cisse, argghh!!

I love Ba but his fantasy days are well gone for this season. Cisse is the only striker in the league who has any kind of form. 9 goals in his last 6 matches. You'd be crazy to go for anyone else in the game imo, RVP, Aguero, Tevez and Rooney included.

I know what your saying but I need to catch him, I'm currently 2nd in my private league around 30 points behind so I need to do something outrageous tbh !

Bollox anyway left jelvic on the bench for McLean !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Rekon ill get jelavic in instead of Ade for next wk! That lad has really found form lately!! Get in there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Initial wildcard thoughts. Who are the teams we are favouring for GW 36 & have good fixtures fir the last 2 gameweeks?

Ruddy
    Cech

Jose Enrique
    Cahill

Shotton
    Assou-Ekotto

Valencia
    Bale

Walcott
    Dempsey

Rooney
    Cisse

Aguero
    Suarez

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Hey lads need some advice! 20 point gap between me and my mate for the league this year and my plan for next week is to do
    Aguero->jellyfish
    Walcott->dempsey
    Sess->Pienarr
    Mcauley->cahill
    this will cost me twelve points but everton have wolves next week so it would be a fairly handy one id say. Id raher swap tevez for jelavic but i know he will grab one against his old club and my opponent also has tevez.
    What do ye think??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

made a quadruple transfer there

al habsi - Howard
    Evans - jagielka
    caulker - hibbert
    walcott - vdv

leaving me with 7 doublers

armband on Ade atm, but might change that to vdv if ade looks doubtful for the first game

2 Everton cs's would be beautiful, but tbh I'd take 1

capture_07.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Have 7 DGW players myself with the armband on Cisse provisionally but Jelavic also looks tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

zerks wrote: »
    Have 7 DGW players myself with the armband on Cisse provisionally but Jelavic also looks tempting.

I think captain is a tough one.

I'm looking at Cisse, but am iffy on him atm, away to Wigan will be tough.

I am considering Cisse, Jelavicc, Bale and even VDV as potential suitors to the privelge of captaincy for GW 36, but will see during the commencement of the week.

I'm happy enough with my bench, with my only reluctment on leaving on there, being James Mc Clean, I was wondering about Mignolet, but I think I'd rather him on the bench when Vorm is going to be playing with Wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

manual_man wrote: »
    made a quadruple transfer there

al habsi - Howard
    Evans - jagielka
    caulker - hibbert
    walcott - vdv

leaving me with 7 doublers

armband on Ade atm, but might change that to vdv if ade looks doubtful for the first game

2 Everton cs's would be beautiful, but tbh I'd take 1

capture_07.jpg
    3 everton defenders? dont see why you got rid of caulker for hibbert with swansea at home to wolves.

Well Tony has 2 games. And if he continues his form of yesterday that will mean 4 assists!

Anyway whatever. I need points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

bonus points up yet or will it be after the villa bolton game their put up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Rastapitts wrote: »
    bonus points up yet or will it be after the villa bolton game their put up?

there up since early this morning, but unfortunatly i dont have them handy. Nothing out of the ordinary Rooney got 3...maybe someone else can post them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Thinking of doing the unthinkable and getting carroll in for the dgw, was thinking ade all along but i might go nuts

Absolute madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

POKERKING wrote: »
    there up since early this morning, but unfortunatly i dont have them handy. Nothing out of the ordinary Rooney got 3...maybe someone else can post them?

Arsenal 0 Chelsea 0
    Song 3, Cech & Szczesny 2

Aston Villa 0 Sunderland 0
    N’Zogbia 3, Kilgallon 2, Cuellar & McClean 1

Fulham 2 Wigan 1
    Senderos 3, Boyce & Riise 2

Newcastle 3 Stoke 0
    Cabaye 3, Cisse 2, Tiote 1

Bolton 1 Swansea 1
    Eagles 3, Petrov 2, Caulker & Britton 1

QPR 1 Tottenham 0
    Taarabt 3, Hill & Kenny 2

Blackburn 2 Norwich 0
    Hoilett 3, Gamst-Pedersen 2, Marcus Olsson 1

Man United 4 Everton 4
    Rooney 3, Nani 2, Jelavic 1

Wolves 0 Man City 2
    Nasri 3, Clichy 2, Hart 1

Liverpool 0 West Brom 1
    Ridgewell 3, Olsson 2, Odemwingie 1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Dropped to 17th after BP's and out of the top 1,000. Shocking luck with captain choices lately, really need to luck out in the double GW.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

roryc wrote: »
    Dropped to 17th after BP's and out of the top 1,000. Shocking luck with captain choices lately, really need to luck out in the double GW.

I'm only 8 points behind you and dropped nearly 1000 places down to 1700.

I've less points than the average (so far) that'll be a first for me this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Lampard anybody?

How many DGW players are people going into the weekend with? I'll probably take a 4 point hit and get myself 7. Funnily enough 1 of my transfers will probably involve me taking out one DGW player for another.

hupskip wrote: »
    Lampard anybody?

If he wasn't playing quite so deep I'd be tempted but he's not even 100% guaranteed to play both games which for me is too much of a risk for 11m. Could be an inspired gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Still undecided if ill take a 4 pt hit to get in an extra dgw player. Hmmmmm. Prob wont decide till much later in the week anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I've already done it, worked so well for me this week didn't it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Absolute madness.
    Yeah well and truly shelved - got pienaar in since.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Still undecided if ill take a 4 pt hit to get in an extra dgw player. Hmmmmm. Prob wont decide till much later in the week anyway

pfft. come back to me when you've taken a 12 point hit

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

manual_man wrote: »
    pfft. come back to me when you've taken a 12 point hit

:pac:

Haha minimum i will be taking is an 8 point hit, possible 12 this wk! I havnt a hope of catching 1st now! 86 points behind! My closet rival has shot up 70 points ahead and the nearest to me is a good 80 behind! Stuck in 4th!:o

Miserable few weeks lately!

brought in:

Jelavic for RVP
    Dempsey for Arteta

Already have Cisse and BArfa (Also R Taylor but hes not starting lately so ill probably leave him on the bench!)

So far only a 4 point hit! Defo think ill be getting another DGW player in and have 3 swansea players who ill keep!

Thinking of shipping Valencia out for Bale or VDV but neither of them have done anything spectacular lately to warrant another 4 point hit??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Valencia and Greham are out, Pineaar and Cisse in.
    Think I might actually bench Shawcross and go three at the back, play Siggy as he is home to Wolves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement