Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power website always down

• 21-03-2010 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I opened a paddy power account last week and the website seems to be constantly down for five to ten minute intervals any time I try to use it, logged in or not, which makes using it frustrating and pointless. At first I thought it was my internet connection but all other websites load perfectly when this happens. I even tried it from work and it was the exact same thing. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

No, its never down for me, well maybe once in 3 years when they're updating the whole site.

Only problem i have is with their price changes, when you click a price it should be that and no changing when your confirming (not including the in-running market obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ondarack

no to be honest i find the site very good, its never down. ya it can be annoying with the price change tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It had a sticky spell about a month or so back (had to reload a few times) but in my years using it its been very reliable overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

It seems to load perfectly for my friend too any time I have trouble. I wonder is it something to do with my Irish Broadband connection as I am getting the same sort of ratio of it being down at work as at home and both connections are with IBB. Or it might be a sign to quit while I am ahead.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭RocketRonnie

I wish mine was down more often :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

with their price changes, when you click a price it should be that and no changing when your confirming

All bookies do it :mad:
    if you're backing a horse and price moves before you confirm, you are always going to have the changed price.
    Not 100% sure you get a higher price though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

no never have a problem,
    and odds for soccer seem to be real good compared to bet365 anyway?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

It turns out it was a setting in firefox. I have set it to auto detect proxy settings and now its fine.

Anyone having problems this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,755 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I got this feedback thing this morning

I have it a big fat 0 and gave out stink about thier live betting and south american leagues having limited bets

• Advertisement

I'd just like it to work :(

pp is working perfectly for me, mike

I'm trying on FF and Opera and nothing. Other betting sites are loading.

mike65 wrote: »
    I'm trying on FF and Opera and nothing. Other betting sites are loading.

strange

iv ff and it's working perfectly

Weird, can anyone else try, esp anyone on Diginet Metro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 danb2010

mine hasnt worked all morning!! i thought it was just me....i thought they got tired of taking all my money :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 danb2010

its actually really annoying me..its just saying ''internet explorer cannot
    and then it just came on!! yaahay!!

Working again, twas a diginet issue by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Can't be any worse than Boylesports. What an absolute mind**** of a website. Luckily I realised they're pretty pathetic with odds so that account is now gone.

Never had any problems with PP in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Can't be any worse than Boylesports. What an absolute mind**** of a website. Luckily I realised they're pretty pathetic with odds so that account is now gone.

For sports (dunno about racing), Boyles are one of the most competitive with pricing. While Powers rather use marketing to attract customers rather than competitive price, Boyles often take the least margin out there. Maybe only Bet365 take less.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Really bad a the moment it keeps stalling and right when im trying to bet on the Ftse Markets, oh well i guess its a sign to quit while im ahead and go for a nice long lunch thanks to Paddy Power:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

Lads it has to be something on your side. Like other people have said here - I've never had this problem and I know plenty of people who use it daily and they don't have this problem either.

Advertisement