Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picasa on to new laptop

• 02-06-2012 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

I have Picasa on my now dying laptop and I want to transfer it to a new computer. I have spent hours using face recognition to label all the pics and arrange folders I don't want to lose the files.Can anyone tell me how to move the programme and all its contents to a new computer and still be able to use it as I have on my current laptop.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

haymur wrote: »
    I have Picasa on my now dying laptop and I want to transfer it to a new computer. I have spent hours using face recognition to label all the pics and arrange folders I don't want to lose the files.Can anyone tell me how to move the programme and all its contents to a new computer and still be able to use it as I have on my current laptop.

I think Picasa just writes to the file name and image metadata, so installing Picasa on the new machine and copying your images folder (such as "My Pictures") over to the new one you should be ok :)

Nick

Advertisement