Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Point to note, if you tell a girl you only want in her knickers on the 1st - 2nd day ..generally they run away.. surly you should know this ..
    Instead of which, you need to spend time, let her get to know you as a person, and gain your confidence..

I think you and blacklilly have a different definition of seal the deal.

If I was messaging someone and they then told me all they wanted was a "roll in the hay", as you put it, instant block from me. I don't care about getting to know them if all I want is a shag. And if I know you're just going to feic off to the next girl, I'm not interested.

Blocking without a reply would generally be more productive, as once you reply to them the conversation has been initialised, and they know there's somebody on the other end.. gives them motivation to keep replying..

If they're blocked, they can't mail you. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

I think you and blacklilly have a different definition of seal the deal.

If I was messaging someone and they then told me all they wanted was a "roll in the hay", as you put it, instant block from me. I don't care about getting to know them if all I want is a shag. And if I know you're just going to feic off to the next girl, I'm not interested.

+1 Why would you bother getting to know somebody you just want a ONS with? As a matter of interest, what do you have on your looking for? ie is it intimate encounter?... Because if its anything else you're just being dishonest

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    +1 Why would you bother getting to know somebody you just want a ONS with?

I remember this question was posed to another user (no not me, I swears it!) a good while back and (s)he basically said something along the lines of, "One night stand or not, I don't like sleeping with assholes".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    +1 Why would you bother getting to know somebody you just want a ONS with? As a metter of interest, what do you have on your looking for? ie is it intimate encounter?... Because if its anything else you're just being dishonest

I assume that's directed at me, and like i said, i'm 100% honest, and yes it's listed under IE ..

As for the "why would I bother getting to know them" ... why not ?? I like people, and I like getting to know people, and while it may not always lead to "friends with benefits, or NSA, or a ONS " but that dosent mean i wont be friendly to everybody, no matter who they are, or what they want..

Galvasean wrote: »
    I remember this question was posed to another user (no not me, I swears it!) a good while back and (s)he basically said something along the lines of, "One night stand or not, I don't like sleeping with assholes".

Couldn't really have put it better my self ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

No. I'm quite sane. :)

I believe you....kinda! Are you on pof?

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    I'm surprised you don't just reply "sorry, too small", and then block them...

I do usually reply with something alone those lines and then block

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Reminder folks,
    This is not a pick up thread among Boardsies.
    Keep it to PM and not on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

blacklilly wrote: »
    No I am totally unaware of this? Do tell

HIMYM___Hot_Crazy_Scale_by_JeremyX103.jpg

I presume it also works for boys!

I would agree that blocking without a reply would be more beneficial. These guys are trolls. They are looking for a reply. ANY reply. Even if you respond with a put down you are feeding them Putting down the penis size isn't going to hurt them. I'd be amazed if it was their own junk anyway considering how easy one can get a picture of a dick via google image search (I'm told).

Great so if you're really sane/normal you don't have to be hot? Makes total sense

• Advertisement

There's also another side to the " guy sent me a picture of his Peon"..
    The faker accounts, POF is littered with Faker's men, kid's, women, who sign up,no picture, no private picture, little or no details, asking or NSA, and pics, lots and lots of pics..

Often made me wonder, why .. image harvesting ?

I wonder if it this sort of mentality then makes these guys send the ladies on POf these pics, thinking " hey here's a great idea, I can spam my pic to a trillion women on here, even tho they didnt ask to see it"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

" hey here's a great idea, I can spam my pic to a trillion women on here, even tho they didnt ask to see it"

Imagine taking that logic into the real world :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

There's also another side to the " guy sent me a picture of his Peon"..
    The faker accounts, POF is littered with Faker's men, kid's, women, who sign up,no picture, no private picture, little or no details, asking or NSA, and pics, lots and lots of pics..

Often made me wonder, why .. image harvesting ?

I wonder if it this sort of mentality then makes these guys send the ladies on POf these pics, thinking " hey here's a great idea, I can spam my pic to a trillion women on here, even tho they didnt ask to see it"

You have to be someone on a wind up with a username like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Galvasean wrote: »
    He's smooth... like ice!

:pac:

And I look like a cube.

That_Guy wrote: »
    And I look like a cube.

So you would go really well together then? There's a thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I had no problem with the hook-up artists on POF as long as they were honest about it, and they generally were. It's the people who had absolutely no intention of ever actually going on a date with anyone that used to wreck my head. It's not a focking social networking site, ffs...

Imagine taking that logic into the real world :eek::D

You get that. You get guys ambling about nightclubs essentially spamming every girl they happen upon with the same pick up line until somebody takes the bait... or the club closes. Whichever comes first. It's often the latter as you can often find them in Abrakebabra and eventually the taxi rank doing the same.
    So you would go really well together then? There's a thought

Now that was just an awesome Transformers reference!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I had no problem with the hook-up artists on POF as long as they were honest about it, and they generally were. It's the people who had absolutely no intention of ever actually going on a date with anyone that used to wreck my head. It's not a focking social networking site, ffs...

*pokes Honey-ec*

Yeah have to agree with what most others said, I would prefer not to get any response at all rather than days of emails and banter back and forth and when I ask would they like to go out they either disappear or say they just wanted the chat and are not interested. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Maguined wrote: »
    *pokes Honey-ec*

Yeah have to agree with what most others said, I would prefer not to get any response at all rather than days of emails and banter back and forth and when I ask would they like to go out they either disappear or say they just wanted the chat and are not interested. :mad:

I haven't had that happen yet, but I'd find that so annoying. That's why I just stop mailing someone back within a few minutes if I'm not interested.

Also, was supposed to have a date last week. He texted to say he wasn't well and could we re-arrange. I said that was no problem, and sort of left it to him to contact me. We had been mailing/texting every day for a week or so up til that point (because I had been too busy that specific week to meet up). That was last Friday. No text so far. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 karonnia

Hmm been dating someone for the past while. All going really well or so i thought and was invited to his house for dinner later this week....but now no contact which is very unusual. Think i've been given the push but would have been nice to be told! :/

• Advertisement

karonnia wrote: »
    Hmm been dating someone for the past while. All going really well or so i thought and was invited to his house for dinner later this week....but now no contact which is very unusual. Think i've been given the push but would have been nice to be told! :/

How long has it been since you last talked/texted?

How long?

How long has it been since you last talked/texted?

4 or 5 days and normally he'd be in touch every day to see how i was etc... so very unusual behaviour. But he's been online on POF so...yeah!

4 or 5 days and normally he'd be in touch every day to see how i was etc... so very unusual behaviour. But he's been online on POF so...yeah!

Maybe give him a ring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

The rudeness engendered by online dating never ceases to amaze me. Sigh.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    The rudeness engendered by online dating never ceases to amaze me. Sigh.

I know...oh well, onwards and upwards!

Maybe give him a ring?

I agree, give him a text or a call, maybe he thinks you are giving him the cold shoulder. The guys shouldnt have to do all the running.

If you have text him already and there has been no reply that's a different story.

I agree, give him and text call, maybe he think you are giving him the cold shoulder. They guys shouldnt have to do all the running.

If you have text him already and there has been no reply that's a different story.

Sent him a text earlier, haven't heard back yet. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt just gut feeling kicked in a little bit. Probably just over thinking it anyways, had so many messers on POF & OKC

Sent him a text earlier, haven't heard back yet. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt just gut feeling kicked in a little bit. Probably just over thinking it anyways, had so many messers on POF & OKC

How long have you been seeing him?

• Advertisement

Heard a few horror stories, Married man, Lad's with Gf's even a woman who lent a guy some money, and he legged it, and by some money i dont mean 5 euro... We're talking walking around money here..

And People think i'm bad ... for shame brothers..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement