Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Poker Awards 2008.....The Winners

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It's an honour just to have been nominated. Thanks.

Congrats to the winnars! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

I know you guys like to get these things right but poster of the year can hardly be two guys. Their votes should be divided and Hotspur declared the rightful winner...
    The updates were superb but surely some of Hotspurs classics earn him the accolade plus, he is one person and qualifys as the winner by that virtue alone...
    Congrats to Doke also for scooping two awards. Speech Speech Speech.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

YULETIRED wrote: »
    I know you guys like to get these things right but poster of the year can hardly be two guys. Their votes should be divided and Hotspur declared the rightful winner...
    The updates were superb but surely some of Hotspurs classics earn him the accolade plus, he is one person and qualifys as the winner by that virtue alone...

I fully agree with this, but the peeps of the forum have spoken.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Quiet you or I'll re-run the poster of the year poll with you included in it!

The lads were nominated and obviously the voters decided that they were worthy if by a small margin.

Rumours that the vote might haven swayed by Sam and Adam promising to have a fight at the next big tourney over who gets to keep the trophy have yet to be confirmed....

KevIRL wrote: »
    Quiet you or I'll re-run the poster of the year poll with you included in it!

The lads were nominated and obviously the voters decided that they were worthy if by a small margin.

Rumours that the vote might haven swayed by Sam and Adam promising to have a fight at the next big tourney over who gets to keep the trophy have yet to be confirmed....

I shall be organising a small march from the Fitz to Devs house to show a mild vexation at this Bushesque intervention into the democratic process. Whilst at Devs house I will also enquire as to the contents of his latest converstaion with any representative of winners, and also maybe if he could spare a wee biscuit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

Congrats to Doke also for scooping two awards. Speech Speech Speech.

Thank you Willie.

On occasions like this, I believe it customary to thank the little people. I intend to digress from that tradition and instead thank the big people, because let's face it, you don't see many little people sitting around poker tables. Except that little guy who called me a knob and barged me a few times in Cavan. But I digress again.

I consider it an utter travesty that my blog won the award (if this were STV, my vote would have been non transferable once it cycled through all the other nominees), but then the whole category was devalued by the exclusion of Yuletired's blog from the get go. I would however like to thank the Deise contingent for refraining from block voting their 50 votes for the Deise candidate in this category at least.

I am deeply flattered to win the Most Improved Player award, even if it's just a very nice way of saying "My God but you were some fish this time last year all the same".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Van Dice

doke wrote: »
    I consider it an utter travesty that my blog won the award

Deserved imo, wp

doke wrote: »
    Thank you Willie.

On occasions like this, I believe it customary to thank the little people. I intend to digress from that tradition and instead thank the big people, because let's face it, you don't see many little people sitting around poker tables. Except that little guy who called me a knob and barged me a few times in Cavan. But I digress again.

I consider it an utter travesty that my blog won the award (if this were STV, my vote would have been non transferable once it cycled through all the other nominees), but then the whole category was devalued by the exclusion of Yuletired's blog from the get go. I would however like to thank the Deise contingent for refraining from block voting their 50 votes for the Deise candidate in this category at least.

I am deeply flattered to win the Most Improved Player award, even if it's just a very nice way of saying "My God but you were some fish this time last year all the same".

Don't be so modest Doke, leave that to handsome people like myself. Your blog at least attempts to discuss poker in some kind of analytic way, whilst also offering a great insight into the world of Ultra running.....so always an interesting read. I've nothing to say about poker except I can't get out enough to play.
    What about this POY travesty, will you march with me to Devs house?

[/SIZE]

What has Flushdraw's post done to upset you William?

Probably depends on the quality of the biscuits.

• Advertisement

What has Flushdraw's post done to upset you William?

Clever, clever, however ,
    Flushdraw is with me on this. He has offered me safe passage throughout the whole kingdom of the northside. Our numbers grow by the hour KEV, you know what you have to do to end this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Pretty sure Yuletired is going to take this post and quote it below and turn it into some mumbo jumbo to make me look like i got conflustered.....he's always at it

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Northside? Sure you're a Drimnagh man but if you want to venture to Ballyfun just give me a shout :pac: oh and you just think my POY was a travesty because you couldnt understand what the heck RJ was going on about in his post!

But on another note....i honestly have no idea what i'm with you on!!!

It's not your post ya lazt git, read the thread.....it's poster of the year...

Gawd Kev, you knew it's be easy to confuse thises boyz....why I said clever clever.

Gawd Kev, you knew it's be easy to confuse thises boyz....why I said clever clever.

Haha. No flys on us Waterford lads boy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Thanks for the votes lads. It's something to put on the CV for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

[edit]Had a nice picture up here earlier, but it may not go down so well with those in it lol :)[/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Dealer of the Year, Gary Power, holding his "trophy" tightly! Careful Gary, grip too hard and you could do some damage![/QUOTE]

Hurray for the little lad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

Improved on my third place finish last year :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me. It was an honour just to be nominated. :D

A big thanks to everyone who supported my events.

I'd also like to thank all my staff who help make my job easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

boards poker is a tourny forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Thanks for the Contribution to poker award Guys from Big Slick and Cue Club .. Means alot for the effort we put in

Neill

Gary power will be paraded in Waterford this Monday and will be signing copies of his new autobiography "Be Little Win Big"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

The bus has been hired already...

shuttle_bus.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

JP Poker wrote: »
    I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me. It was an honour just to be nominated. :D

A big thanks to everyone who supported my events.

I'd also like to my wife Christine who really does all the work, and I'm just the poster boy, I even made her work on her birthday, she loves me THAT much!

FYp

You'd also like to what his wife, Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

There should be an award for the best moderator of the year. And it would definetly go to you Kev ;)
    The votes are in and have been counted and verified. Some very closes races and some landslides. Thanks to all who nominated and voted.

Congrats to all the winners.

Award 1 - Independent Tournament Organiser of the Year and the winner is JP Poker

Award 2 - Poker Room of the Year and the winner is The Fitz

Award 3 - Online Poker Room of the Year and the winner is Pokerstars

Award 4 - Boards Online Player of the Year and the winners are Requiem4adream and BigMickG (tie)

Award 5 - Boards Offline Player of the Year and the winner is Marty Smyth

Award 6 - Boards Blog Writer of the Year and the winner is Doke link

Award 7 - Boards Poster of the Year and the winners are Adamm and jbravado for their live tournament updates

Award 8 - Boards most improved player of the year and the winner is Doke

Award 9 - General Poker Website of the Year and the winner is Boards.ie poker forum

Award 10 - Thread of the Year and the winner is Hawkeye's WSOP/Stripper thread link

Award 11 - Player of the Year and the winner is Marty Smyth

Award 12 - Dealer of the Year and the winner is Gary Power (Big Slick)

Award 13 - Theory forum contributor of the year and the winner is Redjoker

Award 14 - Post of the Year and the winner is Flushdraws 5000th post link

Award 15 - Contribution to Irish Poker and the winners are BigSlick/Cue Club Events for Killarney Festival

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Tom Hanlon

Many thanks for the nomination and a big thanks to my parents for voting for me (twice).

A big well done to Marty Smyth , long may his poker juggernaut continue.

...did I spell that wrong?

Anyway, Thanks.

Tom Hanlon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Tom Hanlon wrote: »
    Many thanks for the nomination and a big thanks to my parents for voting for me (twice).

A big well done to Marty Smyth , long may his poker juggernaut continue.

...did I spell that wrong?

Anyway, Thanks.

Tom Hanlon

I'm sure missing out on the boards award is a disappointment but you can probably take some comfort in the bundles and bundles of cash you have won from the game since you started playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

marty December 9th, 2008 3:23 pm
    thank you. it’s nice to be nominated for such awards, and of course it would be nice to win too. however i have just found out that i have been crowned “offline player of the year” and “overall player of the year” in the more prestigious Boards.ie poker awards 2008, so really anything after would just be a small bonus.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055437117

from Martys blog in response to his Euro nominations.

Advertisement