Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I turn off keypad tones on a HKC alarm?

• 24-03-2011 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Can anyone tell me how to turn off the keypad tones on a HKC alarm. I would also like to turn off the arming sound that beeps for 30 seconds. I have a small child and these tones are disturbing his sleep when the alarm is armed at night.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,612 ✭✭✭✭altor

If you don't have engineer access to the alarm, open the keypad and disconnect the speaker inside the keypad. When the alarm activates just put in your user code to turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 fergal28_01

Thanks. Is there a standard default engineer code for HKC alarms?

Your welcome, 04567 is the default engineering code but this would of being changed by the installer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 fergal28_01

You are absolutely correct. Code has been changed. I have popped off cover and plugged out speaker. Whole thing took about 2 mins. Problem solved. Thanks again.

You are absolutely correct. Code has been changed. I have popped off cover and plugged out speaker. Whole thing took about 2 mins. Problem solved. Thanks again.

Your welcome, all easy when you know how :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭bombers

hi can anyone tell me how to turn of sounder on keypads.Have 3 keypads which do not have id and have engineers code.

TIA

bombers wrote: »
    hi can anyone tell me how to turn of sounder on keypads.Have 3 keypads which do not have id and have engineers code.

TIA

You need them IDed on the system to control the volume. Another option is to disconnect the speaker in the keypad. The downside to this is you wont hear entry/exit beeps or trouble beeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭bombers

thanks will just disconnect speaker in one of them annoys kids and wife when there in bed

bombers wrote: »
    thanks will just disconnect speaker in one of them annoys kids and wife when there in bed

Your welcome, that is the handiest way of sorting the problem ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭foreman

I have a hkc alarm and want to instal a gsm dialer.. The guy installing the dialer did not instal the original alarm so has NOT got the engineer code.He needs it to link the dialer in.

I called the alarm company today and they wont give me the engineer code as it is confidental??????

Shouldnt I being entititled to have this basic information!!!!

What are my rights on this ???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

How company's handle this varies. If they don't want to disclose the code ask them can they call to you & change the code to one that suites.
    The easiest option is to get the guy whose installing the dialler to reset it himself. 15 minutes work to do that & reprograme it . Is is really wort a lot of grief just to save him doing that.

foreman wrote: »
    I have a hkc alarm and want to instal a gsm dialer.. The guy installing the dialer did not instal the original alarm so has NOT got the engineer code.He needs it to link the dialer in.

I called the alarm company today and they wont give me the engineer code as it is confidental??????

Shouldnt I being entititled to have this basic information!!!!

What are my rights on this ???

Yes, you should be entitled to the engineer code.
    Some company's will charge for this code to be changed or edited as they have a standard code for all installations. That does restrict company's from doing extra work on your system, In saying that the company you have adding this dialer to the system should be able to add the dialer to the system with a default and reprogramming of the system. If they cant them I would be looking else where for this to be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

altor wrote: »
    If you don't have engineer access to the alarm, open the keypad and disconnect the speaker inside the keypad. When the alarm activates just put in your user code to turn it off.

No idea what I’m doing - how do I do this? Unscrew the one screw I see hidden inside a little flap? Do I need to have the alarm knocked of or anything, it just said tamper and activated when I was fiddling with it - thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It will activate when you open the keypad. You can disarm the system with your alarm code.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

KoolKid wrote: »
    It will activate when you open the keypad. You can disarm the system with your alarm code.

Thanks - I can't remember the name of the person/company that installed the alarm - do you know if its possible to get someone else to call to lower the volume or what are the steps to do it if my admin code is the default one? How can I check this?
    Any good youtube videos of it?

Thanks! Clueless!

Advertisement