Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What Arcade Games Should I play.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I had a Mahjong game on my ps1 years and years ago. Played loads of it. It may have been a Net Yaroze game, can't remember!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Darius Gaiden is also on MAME. Don't bother with G-Darius on Mame. Amazing game and all but there's no music and the music in that game is amazing and a shame it's missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Don't bother with G-Darius on Mame.

I won't. :D

Mahjong games are excellent. I'd love to look in to getting a Mahjong CP for my cabinet. Not too common though unfortunately.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Amen to that G-Net brother!

Master of the Universe

Darius Gaiden is also on MAME. Don't bother with G-Darius on Mame. Amazing game and all but there's no music and the music in that game is amazing and a shame it's missing.

Wait a minute! When I was at your beers you made me and Aug play G Darius from start to finish in MAME and wouldn't let us stop. It was running at about 8fps! And we'd just completed a run through of Raiden before!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Wait a minute! When I was at your beers you made me and Aug play G Darius from start to finish in MAME and wouldn't let us stop. It was running at about 8fps! And we'd just completed a run through of Raiden before!!

It was too much fun watching you guys play the game not knowing how to beam battle which made the boss battles last 30 minutes at a time :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

It was too much fun watching you guys play the game not knowing how to beam battle which made the boss battles last 30 minutes at a time :)

It was also fun to see their faces when Raiden just looped back to the start after pumping 500 million credits into it. :pac:

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    It was also fun to see their faces when Raiden just looped back to the start after pumping 500 million credits into it. :pac:

Heh, I remember you pming me when I got home that night.

'What was that game you guys were playing?!!?!'

And an obsession was born :pac:

Apart from street fighter alpha 3, street fighter 2 turbo, super street fighter 2 turbo, and street fighter third strike, which make up about 75% of my retro gaming (i heart streetfighter) I like to play these:

Bomberman/dynablaster
    Final fight
    R-type
    Puzzle bobble
    Ghosts and goblins
    Metal slug (any of them)
    Mortal kombat 2
    Tetris
    Parodius
    Smash TV
    Miss Pac man

There are lots more, but these are the ones that instantly spring to mind as "must play" classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

What I ended up doing is sending myself an email to gmail with List of Games to play,
    ones I remembered playing years ago or found in Mame,
    or if all of sudden find some great game while youtubing or on forums, I add it to the list.
    I also have YouTube Favourites List of just Arcade Videos, well handy...

Proving great so far:

My Favs:
    RASTAN!!!! (pure golden oldie and some soundtrack, probably my No.1 Game for nostalgic reasons)

The Simpsons
    The Turtles
    BattleToads (Only recently discovered this game, limited controls with still so many actions, funny as hell)

Sunset Riders, Cowboys of Moo Mesa
    Bubble Bobble
    Bomberman (great fun, only recently found it)
    Pengo (1982 Ice blocks game, love this)
    Dynamite DUX (1988 Sega Game, Love playing this on Irish Ferries back in the day)
    Centipede, Arkanoid 2: Revenge of the DOH (Too Addictive)

X-Men, Spiderman, RoboCop, Captain America and the Avengers (So many Cameos, Love theses)
    X-Men Children of the Atom, Marvel vs SF
    Marvel vs Capcom (Probably most played game on my Mame Cab)
    MK2, MK3
    All Street Fighters, SF2 Alpha

Captain Commando
    Final Fight
    Cadillacs and dinosaurs (like final fight)
    Night Slashers
    Ninja Baseball Batman (Awesome Art Style)
    Alien vs Predator, Aliens ( Aliens rocked in arcade, coin guzzler, flame thrower, ooh ya...)

Super Sidekicks 1 2 3
    NHL - Open ICE (one of best games for having mates around, same as NBA Jam, but Ice Hockey)
    NBA Jam
    WWF WRESTLEFEST\ Royal Rumble (Again one of the best games for pick up and play at a party)

Shinobi, Double Dragon
    Striders 1& 2
    Dragon Ninja, Shadow Dancer
    Shinobi, Kung Fu

Joe and Mac
    Metal Slug(s)
    Shock troopers
    Knights of the round
    Sonic Wings, Aerofighter, 1943, Strikers 1945, Raiden

Kev

• Advertisement
Advertisement