Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming Pool Drogheda

• 11-05-2011 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30 Bob1981

I've decided to take up swimming and would like to know if there any other pools in the town apart from the Aura leisure on the rathmullan rd?? And if so has anyone opinions on which are the best in terms of price and facilities? I would mainly be going 3 times a week in the early morning between 7 and 8.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

energie fitness has a pool as well, you have to be a member of the gym to use it though. its not as long as aura's either, but it looked quieter when i went to check it out

oh and boyne valley gym(beside the hotel) has a pool as well, again gym membership, grand pool from what i remember(was a member about 5 yrs ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭francie81

Bob1981 wrote: »
    I've decided to take up swimming and would like to know if there any other pools in the town apart from the Aura leisure on the rathmullan rd?? And if so has anyone opinions on which are the best in terms of price and facilities? I would mainly be going 3 times a week in the early morning between 7 and 8.
    Thanks.

Aura seems to be the only one that doesn't require a membership, the pool in Drogheda is also actually that bit deeper than Dundalk (albeit .2 meters).

It's a disgrace we haven't more swimming pools open to the public wouldn't exactly call it the 21st century in Ireland when it comes to such activities, is it any wonder why we struggle for honours when it comes to major sports events such as the Olympics.

Bob1981 wrote: »
    any other pools in the town apart from the Aura leisure on the rathmullan rd??

I'm just curious, but can I ask why you're against Aura? :confused: Seems a grand place to me (unless its evening time and it's packed).

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bob1981

I'm just curious, but can I ask why you're against Aura? :confused: Seems a grand place to me (unless its evening time and it's packed).

Nothing against Aura. Just knew there was one there but wanted to know if there were other pools too. As Aura are the only pay as you go option (€7), I'll give them a go to start with. Pity though that no gyms seem to have swim only options on their memberships!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Ring integral gym and ask, not 100% sure but I think i saw something before saying that they do swim only memberships. There pool isnt as big as the aura one tho, the only thing I dont like about aura is that the steam room is terrible!

integral have a pool!?

im quite fond of aura but yeah the steam room hasnt been working for the last 2 weeks which is a bit lame but hopefully sorted soon :(

UPDATE

Both Aura and Energie offer the pay as you go option with Aura being cheaper though Energie work out cheaper if you decided to pay monthly. Boyne Valley still the most expensive and Integral are the only gym offering a swim only membership option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

the aura swimming pool is great and its 5 yo yos not 7

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

The energie pool is only a fiver and 10 for gym and pool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Vego wrote: »
    the aura swimming pool is great and its 5 yo yos not 7

i was there twice last month and it was 7 euro

depends on what time you goyz

m.j.w wrote: »
    i was there twice last month and it was 7 euro

I go once a week and it costs me a fiver

€7 this morning. They do have a sign for €5 at off peak times though, whenever that is.. I didn't have time to ask this morning with rushing to get to work but will the next time.

Only bad thing about the pool are in aura is the sauna no rocks no heat I keep telling them

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ei8dqb

Just Phoned energie, I was quoted €10 a swim (No time limit) or €36 a month including full gym access.They also off me a free day pass.

Advertisement