Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

noodler wrote: »
    Best battle in the game for me.

I suggest you get your body back and place your summon sign outside that room - its an excellent place to be summoned and there no boss fight I would rather help people out with.

I'm playing offline but I'll definately do that once I've my connection up and running:) Two players sharing the burden would make that fight a hell of a lot easier. My character is a jacked up knight with Havel's armor, a crystal shield, a big Dragon's Tooth club and some nice pyromancy magic so I pretty sure I'd be of some service. That weird glitch where I couldn't pick up any items from chests in Anor Londo seemed to have sorted itself after I beat Ornstein and Smough:confused:

Beaten the 2nd Asylum Demon (what a bitch he was) and gotten the Peculiar Doll so it's off to the Painted World next:cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,993 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'm playing offline but I'll definately do that once I've my connection up and running:) Two players sharing the burden would make that fight a hell of a lot easier. My character is a jacked up knight with Havel's armor, a crystal shield, a big Dragon's Tooth club and some nice pyromancy magic so I pretty sure I'd be of some service. That weird glitch where I couldn't pick up any items from chests in Anor Londo seemed to have sorted itself after I beat Ornstein and Smough:confused:

Beaten the 2nd Asylum Demon (what a bitch he was) and gotten the Peculiar Doll so it's off to the Painted World next:cool:.

Thats my favourite area of the game - enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Beaten the 2nd Asylum Demon (what a bitch he was) .
    There's an even nastier variant of him on the way don't worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,792 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i find that the Lifehunt Scythe is great for defeating the 2 asylum demon. i died a good few times on my second playthrough trying to kill him until i used that weapon. a few slaps of it and half his energy is gone !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

penev10 wrote: »

There's room to maneuvre with that one though, so not as tough. It was the small fight area that was the toughest part of the 2nd asylum demon.

• Advertisement

penev10 wrote: »

Oh Joy! Another Demon:(

Just beat Priscilla and finished the Painted World now. Took out the Armored pigs before the Duke's Archives which I'll do next. The Dragonslayer bow & arrows and the Electrified Demon spear were handy tools taking those pigs down:)

I'd love to know, what character classes y'all are using and what's yer fave weapons/magic?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Oh Joy! Another Demon:(
    I'd love to know, what character classes y'all are using and what's yer fave weapons/magic?

I've a strength based character myself - started as Bandit. 40 strength, 40 end. (to carry heavy weapons & armor) 30 vit.
    Favourite armor has to be elite knight armor (before finishing Anor Londo). Somughs after that. Weapons: Black Knight sword/axe. The axe is class - great reach, very fast and packs a hell of a punch! The great axe is good too, but a little slow. Chaos Man-Serpent great sword, Lightening Demon Machete and my +15 Great Club get used pretty often for a change.The only magic I use is Pyro which I've maxed. The spells I use with are Great Fireball, Great/Chaos combustion, Firestorm/Chaos-Firestorm (mostly). Flying through NG+ now with that lot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Did they ever nerf the lightning weapons? They were stupidly powerful at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Issac wrote: »
    +15 Great Club
    Excellent weapon for strength builds that. The R2 lunge attack is the business. I used that pretty much exclusively with my strength character.

Ont he subject of builds, I've created a good few and found that strength or magic (see link below) is the way to go. Really disappointed with DEX build, good low-level but otherwise meh. Faith is OK but not something I adapted to.

A pox on those invisible pathways in the Crystal Cave:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

If you shoot some arrows at the ground the will 'stick' into the invisible pathways. While you are walking keep leaving messages so you can retrace your way.

Youtube man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

For anyone looking, limited edition of this is 15 euro in currys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

dont forget to pick up the titanite slab there

Arawn wrote: »
    dont forget to pick up the titanite slab there

Oh I got it cheers:)

Beat Seath,
    I made the mistake of running past the clams and straight into the boss chamber the first time round. The clams followed me in so I didn't stand a chance:( After that I went to catacombs and beat Pinwheel, who was ridiculously easy:pac:
    It's onto the Tomb of Giants next:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Started this again, forgot how brilliant it is, and so much easier on the second run through!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I thought New Game plus was meant to be harder.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

I thought New Game plus was meant to be harder.

The increase in the damage power of the enemies doesn't really compensate for your increased skill and knowledge of the world.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

And there was me worrying I'd need loads of Twinkling Titanite for upgrades.

Also, the boss soul weapons seem to be really poor. I found the cursed Greatsword of Artorias to be really good for New Londo but that's about it.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Issac wrote: »
    If you shoot some arrows at the ground the will 'stick' into the invisible pathways. While you are walking keep leaving messages so you can retrace your way.

It's easier than that. There are snow flakes/particles that fall. They stick to the floor in midair so you can see where the invisible paths are. It's subtle but it's there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

A fallen king, determined to keep the fire alive.

A witch, who could only watch as her family succumbs to her mother's mistakes.

... A duke, who went insane attempting to find the one thing that he lacked as a dragon.

A god turned mortal, searching for his own sun.

A proud knight, looking to prove himself.

And a chosen undead. Who's ultimate decision will determine the fate of the land.

Welcome to Dark Souls

A story that is so rich with sorrow, emotion , this games forever will be a masterpiece

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

A fallen king, determined to keep the fire alive.

A witch, who could only watch as her family succumbs to her mother's mistakes.

... A duke, who went insane attempting to find the one thing that he lacked as a dragon.

A god turned mortal, searching for his own sun.

A proud knight, looking to prove himself.

And a chosen undead. Who's ultimate decision will determine the fate of the land.

Welcome to Dark Souls

A story that is so rich with sorrow, emotion , this games forever will be a masterpiece

So you have been reading up on the lore of dark souls? Alot of people say that the game has no story but i call bull**** on that. The way the lore of the world is told to you is at face value, as your character discovers stuff. Its not just laid out on a platter as in other games, some that even have full codex menus regarding the lore of the game for you browse through. I think that makes discovering and putting all the pieces together makes Dark Souls so much more rewarding.

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that i think Dark Souls is my favourite game of all time. I seriously cant think of any other game that has an impact on me like this game did. Maybe Final Fantasy 7, but i think that's just nostalgia speaking.

If your a big fan of Dark Souls and the world in which it takes place check out the youtuber EpicNameBro. He has some interesting Dark Souls videos, but most of all his lore videos are amazing. He pieces together all the parts and explains nearly every place, NPC, spell and other object in the game. Fantastic series of videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicNameBro

Word is another Souls game is currently in the works. If its gonna be a sequel to Dark Souls, or set in another universe is unknown, but i know one thing. Im ready to die

Patches sells prism stones as well for the cave. There 10 souls each and you can throw them on the ground. They shine in different colours. The cave is nowhere as bad as it could have been.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

So you have been reading up on the lore of dark souls? Alot of people say that the game has no story but i call bull**** on that. The way the lore of the world is told to you is at face value, as your character discovers stuff. Its not just laid out on a platter as in other games, some that even have full codex menus regarding the lore of the game for you browse through. I think that makes discovering and putting all the pieces together makes Dark Souls so much more rewarding.

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that i think Dark Souls is my favourite game of all time. I seriously cant think of any other game that has an impact on me like this game did. Maybe Final Fantasy 7, but i think that's just nostalgia speaking.

If your a big fan of Dark Souls and the world in which it takes place check out the youtuber EpicNameBro. He has some interesting Dark Souls videos, but most of all his lore videos are amazing. He pieces together all the parts and explains nearly every place, NPC, spell and other object in the game. Fantastic series of videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicNameBro

Word is another Souls game is currently in the works. If its gonna be a sequel to Dark Souls, or set in another universe is unknown, but i know one thing. Im ready to die

Ive spent more time reading the descriptions of items ive picked up than actually played the game at one point , followed very closely at what npc story was aswell, also watched every video of epicnamebro hoping i didnt miss anything ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Don't know if it's been mentioned but a German magazine has confirmed Dark Souls is coming out on PC. Will have some new bosses in it, everything else will be the same.

Happy for the PC owners. That Facebook wall still isn't broken down yet so I am still holding out hope that theres something more than the PC annoucement coming.

Pinwheel and Gravelord Nito were fairly easy compared to some of the other bosses I've faced. That Centipede Demon was a bit tricky though. Just at a bonfire before Lost Izalith with a pissed off Knight Solaire at the moment. Hope to have the game clocked by tomorrow eve:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

The Lore is excellent it has to be said and I love the way it's handled. It's there if you dig and look for it but easily bypassed for everyone else.

I particularly like the Bed of Chaos / Witch of Izalith and her daughters story it's what really got me sucked in and interested in learning everything I could about the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

danthefan wrote: »
    Don't know if it's been mentioned but a German magazine has confirmed Dark Souls is coming out on PC. Will have some new bosses in it, everything else will be the same.
    More sites reporting on this now.

Protip PC fans, don't wait until this hits the bargain bins or the Steam sales. Buy it on release and show Namco this series has a place on the PC too. :)

• Advertisement

Just cleared my first playthrough.
    Gwyn
    was a lot tougher than the Demon's Souls final boss.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement