Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 mins, 200 texts 1gb data - €15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidannulty

i signed up to this deal ONLINE, my first bill they charged me €54.39. When i phoned them up they asked me did I sign up in 1 of their stores because they had me down as signing up in a store. To cut a long story short they took the money from my account and said they would credit the due amount to my account so that it cut be used off my future bills. A few days later the money still was not credited so I phoned them and they said once the money is taking of me there is no way that my meteor online account will ever show the credited balance. Now a month later this still has not been credited to my account and I have a new bill for €26.36 which should be defo under €20. I hate meteor for their lies, there crap customer service, their wrong billing. To me unless this sorted of them I am moving back to my old network. I would not recommend joining.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Got my Bill a few days ago for just over 15€ , Took 3 phonecalls to sort but in my eyes it's worth it , was paying 35 euro a year ago for the same price plan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Working out sweet for me (Navan and surrounding areas) full 3g no complaints, thanks again OP..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Well, IMHO the vast majority of people who transferred over to this tarriff are happy with their lot. I would'nt be swayed by a few posters who come on here to moan.

Eh - this thread is 25 pages long! And there are numerous similar threads on meteors own forums. It is likely a small number of people having these problems are posting so that probably makes a HUGE number of people having problems.

I have moved 2 phones to Meteor and have had hassle both times.

Phone 1: Few months ago signed up other halves phone. Number didnt port. Rang and rang and rang and emailed and rang some more. No one ever called back. Gave every excuse under the sun from order issue to system issue to human error. Took ages to get through to customer care. Every time we did every agent seemed uninterested, lazy or incompetent.

Eventually had to send letter of complaint and CC Comreg. Got through to a Supervisor after this who promised to sort out port and call back. Number ported 2 days later but he never called back. Last we heard on the matter.

Phone 2: I signed up for the €15 a month sim only offer myself. Put all the details for porting into the online order. Got the Sim last week but number has not ported. I have emailed and opened a thread on their forum but no one has got back to me.

After reading this entire thread I am now regretting it. I was with o2 for 12 years with no problems - but coverage is very bad in my area so need to move networks.

I am going to try the stuff@ address to see if I can get some resolution that way.

Oh and from reading about all the billing fcuk ups - I think I will cancel the direct debit and pay manually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Eh - this thread is 25 pages long! And there are numerous similar threads on meteors own forums. It is likely a small number of people having these problems are posting so that probably makes a HUGE number of people having problems.

I have moved 2 phones to Meteor and have had hassle both times.

Phone 1: Few months ago signed up other halves phone. Number didnt port. Rang and rang and rang and emailed and rang some more. No one ever called back. Gave every excuse under the sun from order issue to system issue to human error. Took ages to get through to customer care. Every time we did every agent seemed uninterested, lazy or incompetent.

Eventually had to send letter of complaint and CC Comreg. Got through to a Supervisor after this who promised to sort out port and call back. Number ported 2 days later but he never called back. Last we heard on the matter.

Phone 2: I signed up for the €15 a month sim only offer myself. Put all the details for porting into the online order. Got the Sim last week but number has not ported. I have emailed and opened a thread on their forum but no one has got back to me.

After reading this entire thread I am now regretting it. I was with o2 for 12 years with no problems - but coverage is very bad in my area so need to move networks.

I am going to try the stuff@ address to see if I can get some resolution that way.

Oh and from reading about all the billing fcuk ups - I think I will cancel the direct debit and pay manually!

oh ****. My old contract expired and was downgraded to pre pay.
    I then ordered the 15 euro sim only deal last week and I got a phone call friday advising of the 'system issue' and that they could send me out a new sim and then i just call them to get the number ported over.. i.e they are screwing me over like they are screwing you.

Is there a cooling off period? I placed the order on WEdnesday. Would cancel now if I could without charge..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

That may be true, but if you top up online, you get an extra €12 on top of your €20. Free calls at weekends when most use their phone for calls is a great deal. I always have excess credit each month,, I've never run out.

is this still applicable? I went to sign up on the Three site and no mention of 12 - although it said 10 euro extra for topping up by 20 but is that every month or just the first month? Then rang cs and he said they would give 5 euro extra each month for ten months so I said id think about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,147 ✭✭✭✭Berty

MOD - Title change needed to €15.25 as with the 2% VAT it has gone up in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Beer Baron wrote: »
    MOD - Title change needed to €15.25 as with the 2% VAT it has gone up in price.
    I'll do it :)

EDIT: I can't :/

Yep you can only edit so far back into the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Just got my second bill for this tariff, after so much hassle getting the proper tariff and them eventually only taking the 15 off me they're after sending me a second bill and it's back on the 30 tariff :rolleyes:

Here goes another battle...will try the email address this time

• Advertisement

Got my second bill tonight as well for the €15 tarriff. Very confusing looking because the page is +VAT prices. Anyway there it is 24.79 and in the "Other Credits and Charges" section is -8,26 €10 discount and -4.13 €5 discount so:

24.79 + Vat = €30
    8.26 = €10
    4.13 = €5
    ____
    -€15

= €15

Bit stupid way to bill people but it works out just fine. It will always say "Bill Pay Smart Lite €30 - 1 Month" but you will get your €15 credits for 12 months.

I had another look at the bill there, it contradicts itself :D Front page says my first bill was 48euro but after my battle I was only debited my 15 for December but apparently now they're saying I'm overdue 33euro

48-15=33

So they're still coming after me for the 30 tariff for the first month (plus extra for starting a bill mid month) but do have me on a 15.72 monthly tariff

Then the third page (summary of charges) has me on 24 tariff (excl vat) plus texts I sent that went past the 200 limit (silly busy Christmas texts) but in the 'other credits and charges' part there's no refund of half the tariff which I'd expect. But the main front page bill seems to be ignoring the charges on the 3rd page (the extra texts I sent).

*head explodes*

This is what your bill should look like. The Call charges section is specific to ourselves so ignore that bit but your bill SHOULD look like the top bit and the bottom bit.

394ee869-1.jpg

Saw it there thanks :D Yeah mine is basically similar but I've no 5euro or 10euro credits part in the other credits and charges, so that page is totalling 24.7934 + 14.81 (my excess of texts which I do owe)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭brozio7

Cheers OP, got everything up and running. Easy switch to meteor, got o2 to unlock my iphone through itunes and got the meteor live chat guys to port my number over.

Thanks again OP, a great deal for €15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Kayla Damaged Theology

The problem with this deal is the 69 cent per day charge for internet access.
    I'm on the €15 deal and will need to check my next bill.
    Inevitably I go on the web most days when out and about.

It may be cheaper to face those nice people in Bangalore who can't think outside the script.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The problem with this deal is the 69 cent per day charge for internet access.
    I'm on the €15 deal and will need to check my next bill.
    Inevitably I go on the web most days when out and about.

It may be cheaper to face those nice people in Bangalore who can't think outside the script.

You do realise that there is 1gb of data bundled with this deal so the 69c a day wont be an issue for you.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    You do realise that there is 1gb of data bundled with this deal so the 69c a day wont be an issue for you.

I've emailed them to check it out. its appearing on my online bill:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Sorry if this comes across rude, but I'm too lazy to read the whole thread..

I am with Meteor on bill pay smart 35 (200 mins, 200 txts 1 gb data) but my contract ran out in December. Can I now simply call them and get moved to this plan, which is the same, but less than half the price?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

cojomo2 wrote: »

I am with Meteor on bill pay smart 35 (200 mins, 200 txts 1 gb data) but my contract ran out in December. Can I now simply call them and get moved to this plan, which is the same, but less than half the price?

Thanks
    You should be able to yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭alanucc

cojomo2 wrote: »

Thanks

Do a search of the thread for the word "contract" and it should return the relevant posts.

Got in touch with them today. all sortedin 5 mins.
    they had me on the lite and not smart lite package.
    got a credit for 19 euro internet access and was switched over. was yold to call next month if i get billed for internet
    this month.

the 15 e credit was on my bill to make it 15 and not 30 per month.

It pays to be polite and understanding that mistakes happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I wish, I wish, I wish I checked Bargain Alerts more often. I'm paying O2 €45 a month for 100 minutes, 100 texts and 1GB of data on my iPhone:eek::eek: and for good measure:mad:. To think I could be getting a much better deal for a third of the price........aaaargh:mad:

Whats the Meteor network like? I live in Kildare and most of the time, there is only one or two bars of O2 service on my phone, with "No Service" being a regular occurence. When I travel down the country on business, there are a lot of dead spots where I have zero reception. What do I need to port over, e.g. a bill (which happened to arrive yesterday for the usual €45 despite regular downtimes on their network the past month). Do they like playing tricks on customers like O2 do or is Meteor's customer service better (which wouldn't be hard tbh).

I know this is an O2 rant but I seriously p1ssed off with their crappy network, crappy customer service and most of all my own crappy lazy a$$ for staying with them for 14 years when I should have moved on long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Daniel S wrote: »
    You should be able to yes.

Thanks- just switched over there by making a quick call.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 vodkatime

Got my second bill yesterday and have been charged 30 euro again. Rang them up and they said they would credit me the 15 euro. This is getting so frustrating at this stage. If it wasn't so cheap id be well gone from them by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

vodkatime wrote: »
    Got my second bill yesterday and have been charged 30 euro again. Rang them up and they said they would credit me the 15 euro. This is getting so frustrating at this stage. If it wasn't so cheap id be well gone from them by now.
    The same thing happenned to me on my second bill. Just go on live chat from their website and you will get it sorted in a matter of minutes; much quicker than over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭ongarite

Just switched to this today. Only took 10 minutes on the phone.

My Meteor 12 month contract was up so it was an easy switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Kanedmick

ongarite wrote: »
    Just switched to this today. Only took 10 minutes on the phone.

My Meteor 12 month contract was up so it was an easy switch.

Just done exactly the same - I'd say in less than 10 mins.

Was out of contract since Nov so thought I would give this a twirl and in fact my end of month is today!!!

Was on Bill Pay Smart at 35 yoyos - now down to 15 for EXACTLY THE SAME. No new phone mind but it's only a month to month contract so can upgrade anytime.

Call was so funny - yer woman spoke exactly like Irish comedian Maeve Higgins - even sounded a tad absent minded as I had to give her a few prompts...

Cheers OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 steveh1

Where about on thier website is the live chat feature im trying to swap to this as i currently pay €35 with them for an identical package. any time i call i end up just hanging up after being on hold for about 20 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭07438991

steveh1 wrote: »
    Where about on thier website is the live chat feature im trying to swap to this as i currently pay €35 with them for an identical package. any time i call i end up just hanging up after being on hold for about 20 mins.

It's nowr to be found. I was just looking at their different bill pay options and the FAQs and a pop-up came up and asked if I want to live chat with a Meteor representative.

My history gives me the link, very handy to add this to your favorites! I will log on and ask them for it.

Advertisement