Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

• 26-07-2008 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

What have they done to the character of Rory? They have turned him into an awful asshole. It would have been better for him not to return after Lorcan's death and now they have him chasing Niamh (why)???????

Now Geraldine is gone pschyo??????

MOD EDIT: I'd like to remind people that this thread should be bound to the same rules regarding spoilers as the Television forum.

That is:

• Just to be completely clear on the use of spoilers:
      - If a thread title has the word "Spoilers" in it, then it is OK to discuss the most recent episode (or older) without using [ spoiler ] tags.
      - If you have news about a future episode (from spoilerfix, ausiello etc.), then most people don't want to know (no, really - they prefer to be surprised by major plot developments and twists).
      - If you feel it should be posted anyway, please use [ spoiler ] tags (to give people the option of reading them or not). Also contextualise the spoiler by saying what it's about outside of the spoiler tag (Spoiler about Season Finale, Spoiler about Character Exit, etc.)
      - Links to interviews, show news etc. are OK (people can decide on whether or not to click them).
      - Posting Youtube clips of "next episode" promos is also OK in the TV forum (people can decide whether or not to watch them).
      - Bear in mind that some show-specific forums in the TV category have their own rules about where promo clips can be posted. Please check their charter if you are not sure.

So anything hasn't aired (whether it's news or synopsis of a future episode) should remain in spoiler tags.

You can speculate without the need for spoiler tags though!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

JP Liz wrote: »
    What have they done to the character of Rory? They have turned him into an awful asshole. It would have been better for him not to return after Lorcan's death and now they have him chasing Niamh (why)???????

I always thought Rory was a bit of an asshole. I think Carol is the Titanic and any other woman must look like a lifeboat. What Niamh sees in him is another question.

At the moment it looks more like he will end up with Orla, I would say. She's certainly throwing the signals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Yeah. and what about Barry- he used to be a nice caring interested teacher and principal and now as the editor of the local paper he's gone all nasty and mean and sly trying to dig up dirt and rumours on his neighbours and friends!? Seems like a complete unrealistic character change IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

It's a soap people ... It's about maintaining viewship and boosting ratings ... Having everyone all goodie goodie and happy during the episodes i one sure way to destroy a soap that's been running for years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Miss Gulch

Al least we finally find out next week what happened to Lana :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Miss Gulch wrote: »
    Al least we finally find out next week what happened to Lana :eek:

do tell???

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Harpie

I fúcking love Fairly ****ty..The OTT characters and stereotypes are just highlarious to watch! Carol's outburst(s) in the Galley were just enthralling :D Bets on what happened to Lana? I say she ran off with Fossett's :pac:

Just clicked the link to see what happens with Lana...bit depressing to say the least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Did Mick kill Lana?

Poor Leo

I wouldn't say it was Mick, what was his motif? I think he was already in prison when she went missing as she went missing in August last year. Maybe someone told him when he was in prison?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Miss Gulch wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it was Mick, what was his motif? I think he was already in prison when she went missing as she went missing in August last year. Maybe someone told him when he was in prison?

I'd say you are right about Mick being in the slammer at the time of Lana's disappearance. I suspect that Lana was killed "on demand" by one of his cronies and Mick would simply have heard about it from them, or if Mick wasn't on the inside, maybe inquiries had been made in his own direction, when the "contract" was being sought, so Mick's role may be deeper - i.e., he may have helped with contacts, who to talk to, that sort of thing.
    (Apparently, by the RTE website, the killer is
    ***Terence** - though probably not the John Creedon character from the 80's, I doubt the Dubs would have got a hitman from Cork :D
    ).
    My own suspiscion is that he was hired to kill her by that creepy Brian guy who used to (maybe still does) work for Séamus McAleer. That's the guy who stole Clare, the teacher, away from Damian last year. If you remember he had a big row with Lana when she was doing taxi work, resulting in Brian being ejected from her cab, and left stranded. He would certainly have had the money to hire a hitman, and certainly hated Lana. It wasn't long after that incident that she disappeared.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 smiles22

who was Terence in it? say's Mick gets a call 4m him??

smiles22 wrote: »
    who was Terence in it? say's Mick gets a call 4m him??

To be honest, the only Terence I can definitely think of in FC is Terence McMahon, who is Róisín's dad, but I think there was one of Sylvie Garrigan's (and previously Billy Meehan's) upper level thugs named Terence as well, who used to appear now and again.

I can't believe the website gives away the identity of the killer. They seem to have designed a site that fans of the series have to avoid. What's the point of that?

I thought the most obvious candidate to kill Lana was Tim, Leo's partner in the garage. He was pretty insane - he looked like the disturbed third member of Foster and Allen. He could easily have lost his temper with her for defending Olga. But he would have eaten the body rather than bury it, from the look of him.

It would be a great twist if the body in the grave wasn't Lana after all. She could walk into the trial as a surprise witness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

I hate the way they just drop storylines after about two weeks, then another one starts and lasts for about two weeks and it is dropped again and totally forgetten about. WTF is the story with that kylie one, did her da not used to beat the Fcuk out of her and now they are bessie mates.
    everyone has totally forgotten about the whole floyd heather thing now...... ah fair city i suppose its consistantly bad if nothing else!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i know, and what about the ones doing the leaving that were buying ritalin off the internet- wht didnt they get results last week??

sam34 wrote: »
    i know, and what about the ones doing the leaving that were buying ritalin off the internet- wht didnt they get results last week??

One of them is a nurse in the Lotto ad now, the one with the adult baby. Obviously she did pretty well.

gogglebok wrote: »
    One of them is a nurse in the Lotto ad now, the one with the adult baby. Obviously she did pretty well.

they usually do really well after leaving fair city tho, i mean look at george mac mongo/mondo he is doing big things now......panto and stuff!! imagine the shame of (well being on it in the first place) going from fair city to panto, i would rather pack bags in aldi

that rita one did her best acting in the whole thing when she had the stroke, twas fcukin chronic!!
    and what was with mags slurred speech did charlie finally give her a punch in the jaw?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Chaz "Maradona" Kelly whacked Lana gangland style

Chaz "Maradona" Kelly whacked Lana gangland style

"Say howiyez to my little friend."

Do Mike and Paul die?

Mike - Electric Shock

Paul - Heart Attack

• Advertisement

Do Mike and Paul die?

Mike - Electric Shock

Paul - Heart Attack

Hopefully, fingers crossed!!

I think Paul survives, but get flowers for Mike.

It was good seeing Nicola back (even though i used to hate the character)

that career as an author obviously didnt go too well, stick to what you know love!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Havn't seen fair city in a few days...new opening credits I see from todays repeat. Worse than it already was!

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    Havn't seen fair city in a few days...new opening credits I see from todays repeat. Worse than it already was!

I haven't them yet, or else I've seen them and not noticed. What are they like? I hope they keep Billy Wright and his Irish Times.

Have they changed the cheesy synth music as well? Just as cheesy synth music is coming back into fashion....

Yeah, I know what you mean. Claudia Carroll is hawt in a strict schoolmistress sorta way.... the kind that would slap you for being naughty, but you still didn't mind coz of the way she ... :o ...erm...... I'll get me coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

This is comical:o The new look Fair City! Terrance is gas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Terrance rules! Carrigstown's answer to Heath Ledger's Joker from The Dark Knight. What a show!!!!

ROFL

• Advertisement

Yeah, he doesn't even really look like the usual kind of gangster they have on FC, but the way he's carrying on is just stupid. Anyone can see that the incident with the young fella (Doug??) is gonna come back and bite him in the ar$e, and probably ultimately probably be Leo's saving.

Thump....
    Terence - "Why so serious?? er, I mean.... Tell them that Leo Dowling did this..."
    3 months later:
    Anne Doyle cameo - "Good evening, and the headlines, Tension between NATO and Russia over the assassination of a Georgian diplomat continues, Kremlin denies link to Russian defence ministry.... In the US, with just days to go to the presidential election, it's make or break time, as candidates John McCain and Barack Obama prepare for their face off in a live televised debate in under 5 hours, Polls still show no clear lead for either candidate.... In the high court the trial of Leo Dowling, a Carrigstown businessman accused of his wife's murder begins....."
    Doug?? - "Da.... who's that guy on da telly, that's not Leo Dowling is it???"
    Doug??'s da - Sure it is of course son, isn't that the man that attacked you?
    etc., etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement