Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in South Dublin!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Dannyboy1987

haha warehouse work, driving, security, panel beating, spray painting anything in around that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

haha warehouse work, driving, security, panel beating, spray painting anything in around that ;)

If I see anything advertised I'll let you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 farfromthegrave

Dundrum Town Centre is advertising jobs pretty frequently, it's worth having a look at and easily accessible with a few buses servicing the area as well as the Leona! :pac:

http://www.dundrum.ie/about-us/jobs/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 RogueT

This would have sorted alot of people out - well done John Gorlmey, the unemployed people of South Dublin aedn North Wicklow salute you.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article7052652.ece

First Ryanair now this...1500 jobs!! The Government dont have a clue, lets hope his decision is challenged somehow. Ideology over jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Any more updates on jobs everyone??

This thread seems to have died a bit...probably a sign of the times :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

I cannot remember the last time I saw a job advertised in DL. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭RandomName2

I cannot remember the last time I saw a job advertised in DL. :(

I can't remember when I last saw an open shop in DL :D

No, seriously: on the main street (off the top of my head) about a dozen shops have closed or are in the process of closing - some of which survived the 80s :eek:. How can The Premier, of all places, be gone?

I know a place that's advertising jobs - the new airport termina... or right...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

I can't remember when I last saw an open shop in DL :D

No, seriously: on the main street (off the top of my head) about a dozen shops have closed or are in the process of closing - some of which survived the 80s :eek:. How can The Premier, of all places, be gone?

I know a place that's advertising jobs - the new airport termina... or right...

1in5 premises in Dun Laoghaire are now vacant.... and Easons now own 2?!

Nice to see a new business OPENING on George's Street!! Violet Hair Salon & Nail Bar (across from The Sunshine Cafe or thereabouts) advertising for Full & Part Time Staff. It looks like they've spent a lot of money fitting the place out - good luck to them! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Ever wanted to work in a boating magazine? Ever wondered how to get a start in the industry? What better way to get your foot in the door than an internship with Ireland Afloat magazine? This opportunity might be for you. Baily Publications Ltd is calling for applications for an editorial internship. Working primarily on the Afloat.ie website and across a variety of custom titles including Afloat magazine, the Baily Publications editorial internship is 5 mornings per week for three months to six months duration.

What are we seeking in a potential intern? Mostly, we're looking for signs of interest and aptitude. We're not interested in candidates who simply want to pad out their CV so they can get jobs in PR. We want people who can write and report, and are passionate about doing both.

Obviously boating knowledge plus a working knowledge of relevant computer software such as Indesign and Website CMS systems is an advantage.

This work experience placement is unpaid. Some tasks will require use of your own computer. Some tasks can be completed remotely.

Work will include researching and writing articles, sub-editing, editorial coordination work, proof reading and general administration work.

If you are interested, send your CV and a writing sample (from any work you may have had published in school or college mags or websites) to intern@afloat.ieThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Applications for these positions will close at the end of August and internships will commence mid September.
    http://www.afloat.ie/jobscareers/item/13737-internship-opportunity-with-afloat-magazine/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭leinsterrugby

guys help me find a job in south dublin plz.

Bloomfields Barbers are looking for a full time barber. Seems like the business to be in! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gutterman

I am looking for a part time worker with some basic carpentry experience.
    rathcoole clondalkin area:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Sage is Citywest are looking for loads of people:

http://www.staff.ie/company/887.html

http://www.dublinjobs.ie is pretty good too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

great idea for a thread! will deffo keep an eye out from now on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

A couple of places in Dun laoghiare looking for staff.O Briens off license looking for full and part-timers.Lifestyle sports advertising for Management positions and I dont know if the ad is still up but Scotts were looking for part time bar persons.

Hope this helps someone and Ill have another look around tomorrow

Texaco on Shanganagh Road in Shankill being rebuilt at the moment, sign saying "employment opportunities", didn't get much else as I was driving by!!!

Gillington wrote: »
    A couple of places in Dun laoghiare looking for staff.O Briens off license looking for full and part-timers.Lifestyle sports advertising for Management positions and I dont know if the ad is still up but Scotts were looking for part time bar persons.

Hope this helps someone and Ill have another look around tomorrow

Centra on Marine Road looking for staff aswell,think the sign in o Briens is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

Reads at the bottom of Nassau Street is looking for full time staff according to the notice on their door.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Raspberries

Easons in Dundrum are looking for full-time people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

Easons in Dundrum are looking for full-time people

Do you know if there taking any part time for christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Raspberries

colly54 wrote: »
    Do you know if there taking any part time for christmas?

Not at the moment, they hired loads of part-timers over the past few weeks. They did hire some temporary part-timers for christmas last year around the end of November, so maybe put your CV in around then. Good luck :)

Easons in Marine Road(the one with Costa coffe above it) are looking for Team Members

Argos looking for 700 temporary christmas staff nationwide

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1007/argos.html

https://secure.argoscareers.com/christmas/

Argos looking for 700 temporary christmas staff nationwide

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1007/argos.html

https://secure.argoscareers.com/christmas/

Superb!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

TK Maxx in Carrickmines have a sign up for fully flexible part time work.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ia

The kiosk on Orwell Road in Ratgar are advertising for staff in the corner shop with barista experience.

CVs to ianosullivan2@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

Dominoes' in Rathmines are advertising for staff in their window.

David Marshall hairdressing on the corner of George's St and Aungier St are looking for a "school co-ordinator / receptionist" and also have apprentice hairdressing places.

Abrakebabra on Baggot St also advertising for staff in their window.

Tiggles Children's Clothing Shop (where Minnie Peters used to be) looking for Part-Time Staff. Opening Soon..

There's a notice in the window, didn't catch the email address.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Tiggles Children's Clothing Shop (where Minnie Peters used to be) looking for Part-Time Staff. Opening Soon..

There's a notice in the window, didn't catch the email address.

They are actually open today! Nice shop.

Advertisement