Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LESSONS - Offered And Requested

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Sn@kebite

Hi, im looking for beginner's lessons in guitar in Tallaght, Clondalkin, Terenure or Dublin 8 areas, don't mind travelling to these areas, preferably if i don't need to bring my equipment.
    Please PM thanks!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 georgina

Can someone please, please help me. I am looking to get music lessons for my boyfriend for his birthday. Anywhere around the Fermoy,Rathcormack, Lismore, Tallow area. I have been looking non-stop for ages now and his birthday is fast approaching! Anyone know of anyone offering guitar lessons????

Thanks a million,
    Georgina

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

georgina wrote:
    Can someone please, please help me. I am looking to get music lessons for my boyfriend for his birthday. Anywhere around the Fermoy,Rathcormack, Lismore, Tallow area. I have been looking non-stop for ages now and his birthday is fast approaching! Anyone know of anyone offering guitar lessons????

Thanks a million,
    Georgina

Try this link http://www.learnmusic.info/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Babybass

Hi - Looking for euphonium lessons - I can travel, but bases in southeast. Am not a beginner but feel i'd benefit from some one-on-one tuition!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kevinhiggins

I teach bass guitar at all levels from beginner to advanced. Every style is covered: rock, jazz, funk, etc. I can give you the theory you need to write your own basslines, read music and improvise! Plus you can learn rhythm concepts to help your groove, and advanced techniques (slap, fretless bass, harmonics), all at a pace to suit you.

I am a gigging musician and bandleader, with five years' playing and one year's teaching under my belt. At the moment I'm between my second and third year studying for a BA in Jazz Performance in Newpark Music Centre.

I charge €15 for half-hour lessons (duration can be changed to suit you) and I usually teach in my house, in Stillorgan, Dublin.

So if you're looking to improve your bass playing fast, give me a PM to arrange a trial lesson!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 dino4t3

Babybass wrote:
    Hi - Looking for euphonium lessons - I can travel, but bases in southeast. Am not a beginner but feel i'd benefit from some one-on-one tuition!!
    have you tried asking local bands? or call the army band in cork, they might know a few contacts

• Subscribers Posts: 684 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

Hi all!

I'm Looking for an advanced guitar teacher in the Dundalk area.

I've been playing rhythm guitar for 4 or 5 years and really wish to build on my basic lead guitar skills.

Anyone know of anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Girrrrseach

Anybody have any idea as to where I could get harp lessons in Dublin?

I can play piano, guitar, drums, violin, tin whistle and bodhran, and the one I REALLY want to add to that is the Harp.

I just haven't a clue where to start looking.... I'm presuming it would be really expensive....???

Grace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Oh nice collection of instruments there. Do you want to learn more for trad or classical music?

I think the actual instruments are quite expensive, but I don't think the lessons should be over the top. There are various organisations around the place that'd love to get a harp player me thinks. I'd imagine learning in a club/organisation type setting would be a lot more affordable then finding private lessons as the organisation kinda teach you with the view of you playing with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

Beginner to intermediate students catered for (tuition can be provided up to grade 7). 2 drumsets available so an excellent setting to learn. Located in Ballsbridge/Sandymount. Prices negotiable. Contact Sasha for details on 086 3097058 or s_smolin@hotmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Seoid

Hi Grace,

IT sounds like you've already got quite a bit of musical experience and probably know how to read music so I'd definitely recommend private lessons!

Have a look at Cairde na Cruite: they have a harp hire scheme to help you get started: http://www.cairdenacruite.com/

For lessons, you have a couple of options:
    1. Waltons in Georges st - however, they are rather inflexible and on the pricey side, which is why I didn't go with them myself.
    2. Private lessons - have a look at this website: http://www.learnmusic.info They have a list of private teachers for all instruments nationwide. I found my harp teacher after months of asking around and she came recommended by the harp teacher in the RIAM (you can probably forget about the RIAM unless you're an awful lot younger than you sound! 8-12yrs old might be good.)
    3. Comhaltas Ceoltoiri Eireann sometimes offer harp lessons depending on where you're located but this would only be for Irish trad music and follows the school year (so you'd have to start in September)

Good luck with learning the harp! It is a gorgeous instrument...
    And no, lessons shouldn't be very expensive compared to good quality music lessons on any other instrument.
    If you could find a group or organisation to go with it might be cheaper but I can't think of any (apart from Comhaltas) and I'd really recommend private lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Anyone know of any singing teachers in Cavan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 benni

************BASS TEACHERS IN DUBLIN!!*************

I already play bass so I'm not a beginner but I never had lessons and I want to get to know my instrument better - theory, scales etc.
    I'm based in North Dublin and ideally it would be someone who can teach after 8pm or on Sat/Sunday mornings or evenings.
    PM me if you think you fit!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Urgently looking for a (committed) piano teacher in Cork City area from September on that teaches RIAM.
    My piano teacher of the last few years has suddenly quit and left me very much in the dark as i have an exam in October/November, leaving cert music practical and UCC entrance exam practical.
    Any help appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 colly.ie

Can anyone recommend a good piano teacher in Dublin please?

I'm interested in improving the basic piano skills I have as I have been concentrating on mostly electronic and experimental music...

all suggestions appreciated :)

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Well if ya want to be professionally graded, ya cud try the lenster school of music. They work outta griffith college on the south circular road, D8.

Other than that, ya might find a few numbers here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭A racy brainrot

I'm grade seven on piano but have always always wanted to play the cello. This summer i got onto actually doing something about it, but i couldnt find a teacher anywhere. Is anyone, or do you know anyone that teaches the cello in the Munster area?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

have been playing since dec but amnt happy with current teacher. basically i think i should be a lot better then i am im still very beginner.

anyone know any good teachers in north wicklow/south dublin area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Casa

I am looking for a cello teacher anywhere in waterford- i have completed all grades in piano and have a diploma in theory and music appreciation from the R.I.A.M. but have always wanted to learn the cello. Does anyone know where I can get cello lessons in Waterford?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Anyone know where I can get electric bass lesson in Cork city or the east cork area?

I have already tried the region forumand got no reply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 herecomethedrum

I'm looking for drumkit lessons for my 12 year old. He passed his Trinity Grade 1 exam in The Hague last May and would like to continue studying. We live near Midleton, East Cork but would be happy to travel into Cork City. Does anyone know of a good teacher?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I dont know of any teachers in Cork, however, I would recommend getting a private teacher (one to one tuition), worked best for me on drums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

Anyone know of any good teacfhers who teach people who to sing, particularily in rock music styles. I know you still have to know how to breath and sing properly but i want to sing rock music etc and growl! Any help is appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'm looking for drumkit lessons for my 12 year old. He passed his Trinity Grade 1 exam in The Hague last May and would like to continue studying. We live near Midleton, East Cork but would be happy to travel into Cork City. Does anyone know of a good teacher?

The midleton community college have drumming lessons starting in september I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kpmac0

Hi
    I am looking for guitar lessons in Donegal in DADGAD or DADFAD style. Can anyone help me please?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

try the Irish Drum Centre for drum lessons.
    You won't regret it.

http://theirishdrumcentre.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Looking for electric guitar lessons in the dublin area, living in ballymun but will travel to town and other places if it isn't too far and worth the money.

General soloing, rythm accuracy help.

Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭StillBallygowan

Hi,

I'm looking for a good guitar teacher for an intermediate guitar player in the North Wicklow/South County Dublin area?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Pyr0 wrote:
    Looking for electric guitar lessons in the dublin area, living in ballymun but will travel to town and other places if it isn't too far and worth the money.

General soloing, rythm accuracy help.

Thanks !

Hi Pyr0

I'mstill teaching in Dame Court (City Centre). I teach most popular styles and have taught and continue to teach many people off these very boards.

Here's an updated version of my original post:

Hi all. I am a guitar teacher of six years and have to date taught over 200 people in that time. Loads of boards people on the books and plenty of references here, just search for Thomas Brunkard.

Instrument(s) And Styles - Guitar - Rock, Blues, Metal, Folk, Reggae, Soul, Funk
    Experience - 8 years teaching
    Location - Dame Court Dublin 2
    Lesson Duration - 40 minutes- One hour - Lessons are by topic module and times vary
    Cost Per Lesson - €30 per lesson, €100 for four consecutive lessons. Student and Unemployed discounts.

My curriculumn is highly successful and relatively fast at imparting full fret board knowledge quickly. From there I work towards using that knowledge to have you playing, composing, improvising and mastering the styles you want to learn.

- Full fretboard knowledge
    - Theory taught quickly painlessly with emphasis on practical application
    - Beginners - chords and strum patterns become songs and recognisable pieces fast.
    - Techniques both basic, advanced and obtruse looked at
    - Live guitar - how to use your pedals, set up your amp, buy the right gear
    - How to look after your guitar
    - Recording techniques for guitar- make your arrangements stand out
    - Learn the fundementals of different styles to help you become a truly original player.

Graded Electric Guitar Examinations can now be arranged.

Contact - Thomas Brunkard
    Email: teaching@thomasbrunkard.com
    Phone: 085-7189920
    Web: www.ThomasBrunkard.com (offline for a bit while a snazzy new one is built!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Cost Per Lesson - €30 per lesson

€30 per lesson? thats a bit much dont you think? the average ive seen for a 30min lesson is €15 so double that for an extra 10 mins thats not worth the money. id be mad if i paid that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement