Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown - 12th April 2013 - Results & Spoilers (Including Wrestlemania Spoilers)

• 10-04-2013 3:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭

Opening Segment
    SmackDown is opened with Big E Langston impersonating Ricardo Rodrigues and introducing the new world heavyweight champion Dolph Ziggler. The Show Off begins cutting a promo but is interrupted by Zeb Colter and Jack Swagger, who say The Real American deserves a title shot. Del Rio is out next and says he wants his rematch tonight. Chris Jericho then comes out and says that Jericho vs. Ziggler will happen tonight.

Team Hell No vs. Prime Time Players
    Team Hell No won the match after Daniel Bryan locked in in The No Lock in what was described as a short match.

The Shield appear on the titantron and warn Team Hell No that they can and will strike at any time.

Backstage Segment
    Backstage we see Booker T and Teddy Long talking to Randy Orton and Sheamus. Booker announces Orton and Sheamus will take on Big Show in a handicap match tonight.

Wade Barrett vs. Santino Marella
    Barrett defeated Santino with the Bullhammer in what was said to be a basic squash match.

The Bella Twins and Tamina Snuka vs. Kaitlyn, Cameron and Naomi This match was won by the heel team of divas after one of the Bellas got the pin on Naomi after Kaitlyn and Cameron were distracted by Tamina and the other Bella.

Triple H's Post WrestleMania Promo
    There have been lots of failed attempts for chants of Fandango's theme song from the crowd. Seems like the crowd isn't like the crowd from Monday's Raw.

Triple H comes out and makes his way to the ring. He talks about his war at WrestleMania with Brock Lesnar. 3MB then come out and interrupt him trying to steal The Game's thunder. The Shield's music hits and 3MB try to go after Triple H. The Shield takes out 3MB and they circle around Triple H. Kane's music hits and Team Hell No make their way out and the Shield retreats.

Team Hell No go to hug Triple H. The Game doesn't want to hug Bryan but would hug Kane. Triple H tells Bryan to eat a piece of meat instead of vegetables because he is edgy. He says he has no problem hugging Kane and that he gets along with Kane. He brings up their weird history and Katie Vick and says they were young and needed money.

Vince McMahon then comes out and HHH says if anyone needs a hug, it's Vince. Vince then leaves after teasing going through with it.

Bryan quickly apologizes and tells him to hug Kane. Triple H jokes that he wished the Shield come back out and finish him off. Triple H then hugged Kane and Bryan joined in. Triple H said that he felt violated. Crowd loved this segment, lots of laughs during it.

Lilian Garcia announces the main event will see John Cena and Team Hell No vs. The Shield, in what is likely the dark match main event.

Big Show vs. Sheamus and Randy Orton
    Randy Orton makes his way to the ring and has his ribs tapped up to sell the Big Show's attack on RAW. Sheamus came out next, followed by The Big Show. Orton starts the match with some punches, before Big Show hit a side walk slam. Show works on Orton's ribs. Small "RVD" chants started through the crowd. Show fails to splash Orton off the top rope and Orton tags Sheamus in, who begins to unload his offense until Show countered with a spear. Show went after Orton, who hit an RKO out of nowhere. Sheamus followed up with a Brogue kick on Show, which knocked him out of the ring. Show then simply walked to the back and got counted out.

Kofi Kingston vs. Antonio Cesaro
    Kingston won the match with a Trouble in Paradise out of nowhere.
    Antonio Cesaro losing is sad to see as his reputation, as well as the US title's, is getting seriously damaged. Hopefully it's the start of a feud and not just a random loss.

Chris Jericho vs. Dolph Ziggler
    Fandango comes out to sit at ringside. Some fans tried to start a theme song chant but it was apparently much smaller than the ones we heard on Raw.

Dolph Ziggler defeated Chris Jericho with a roll up after interference from Fandango and Big E Langston. The bout was described as having a lot of good back and forth action prior to the interference. After the match Jericho lays out Big E with an enziguri but is hit with a Zig Zag after distraction from Fandango. Big E got up and gave Jericho a Big Ending before leaving with Dolph Ziggler. Fandango then posed and hit Jericho with a flying leg drop to end the show.

Sources - 411mania and bleacherreport

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Should also be noted that Fozzy start their European tour tomorrow in the UK so Jericho will be gone for at least 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Am I the only one who thinks big E's finisher
    1. Looks crap
    2.Looks like it would hurt him more
    3. Looks like the victim could be hit with it 1000 times and not feel a thing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think that about most finishers tbh. The same could be said for the RKO, for instance, which is nearly identical in it's impact, but people still buy it as a devastating move. It's not about how it looks I guess, and more about how they sell it.

I think that about most finishers tbh. The same could be said for the RKO, for instance, which is nearly identical in it's impact, but people still buy it as a devastating move. It's not about how it looks I guess, and more about how they sell it.

True I guess but the rko in my mind it jerks yer head to the mat, big eyes pretty much looks like you're splashing him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Everyting Big E does is awesome.

But I can see the point about the finishe, I didn't like it at first.

However, it looks good in the sense he lifts people up with ease, its fast and thanks to his abiltys has some impact, makes a good sound and its pretty safe for whoever is taking it. Best of all he gets to do a pose and people can see his face during the set up. Also on NXT he has his 5 count gimmick and he can show his left hand with the 5 count sign in mid move so it works for him imo.

But I would say that, i'm a major Big E fan!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

For the size and pure power of the man, Big E has a horrendous finisher.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, given how muscular he is, you'd think he'd have something that showcases that a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Most finishers make little-to-no sense. Why Ryback's Shell-shocked seems to hurt people more than a Samoan Drop, or the Attitude Adjustment hurting more than a normal suplex is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Charisteas wrote: »
    Should also be noted that Fozzy start their European tour tomorrow in the UK so Jericho will be gone for at least 4 weeks.

Shame would love to see Ziggler and Jericho feud over the title with Jericho even getting a title reign again

Penn wrote: »
    Most finishers make little-to-no sense. Why Ryback's Shell-shocked seems to hurt people more than a Samoan Drop, or the Attitude Adjustment hurting more than a normal suplex is beyond me.

If you put mark henry up in big e's move who do you honestly think would look like the one to get hurt. I guarantee you'd worry alot more about E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Penn wrote: »

And then you have the reverse effect where now standard moves look epic, Brock doing german and belly to belly suplexes at Mania looked stiffer than most finishers. Can't remember the last time I saw a German, remember when Angle and Benoit used to be feuding, christ the amount of stiff suplexes was unreal.

or the 3 suplexs and the release. Man that could do as a finisher!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Sounds like a decent SD.Hope all the Bryan/Kane/HHH stuff makes it to TV,sounds fairly funny.

If all else fails they could just add the crowd singing Fandango's theme song in during post production,like they do with the cheers already!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Yes yes yes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Supposedly did not air on SD in the end.:(

:cool:

SD_712_Photo_103.jpg

i love the contrast between Big E and AJ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭Ridley

Arawn wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks big E's finisher
    1. Looks crap
    2.Looks like it would hurt him more
    3. Looks like the victim could be hit with it 1000 times and not feel a thing

I like it but I think the problem is when people sell it as a knock out move rather than one designed to wind.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It's one of those things where you can't really trust Big E with a more difficult finisher so this one, it's almost impossible to injure your opponent. So it's a win! Like the Prime Time Players using the Demolition Decapitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Really looks like Ziggy is going to step up to the plate big style with his crew and the World Heavyweight Title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I like Big E's finisher - he basically slams the opponent's face into the mat - it looks worse than a DDT that's for sure. I think the problem is that most of the time the opponent's face doesn't go close enough to the mat, but occasionally they get it right and it looks like their face bounces off the mat. A bit more practice required.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4fdxncY-1w

Henry attacks Sheamo backstage. So it is Orton v Show, Shemaus v Henry and Cena v Ryback then at Extreme Rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭Ridley

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Henry attacks Sheamo backstage. So it is Orton v Show, Shemaus v Henry and Cena v Ryback then at Extreme Rules.

I was thinking Orton/Sheamus vs Big Show/Henry. All leading to this suspiciously happy Orton turning on Sheamus.

Since the Bo Dallas thing has gone away can we not bring that IC tournament back?

Ridley wrote: »
    I was thinking Orton/Sheamus vs Big Show/Henry. All leading to this suspiciously happy Orton turning on Sheamus.

That could work on RAW or Smackdown one week. For a PPV it would be very unusual for WWE to put a tag match together and if they do it would be a big one. I'd say the next big PPV match we see where singles wrestlers are used will be Punk and Brock v two other big names. But then again maybe those four are big enough to put together on PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Remember when the prevailing wisdom was that Bryan was bland and uncharismatic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

DM-ICE wrote: »

i love the contrast between Big E and AJ

I actually think as a trio, they work magnificently. I know people criticse Big E for a "lack of charisma" but that's what makes the pairing with Ziggler and AJ so perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Remember when the prevailing wisdom was that Bryan was bland and uncharismatic.

Anyone who saw him pre WWE wouldn't have thought this.

I didn't get to see all the show yet but I thought Big E starting the show off by mocking RR's intro for De Rio was great!

no lack of charisma on show at all. Big E will have no problem bursting out from the bodyguard role.

I liked the brief Big E and AJ part of the Smackdownaftershow video, as well.

Fandango using his theme tune in his interview was great as well. I hope he uses that in his what Dolph calls interview time from now on, 'i'm going to do do do dah dance all over your head'.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, when I first saw Big E, I'd kind of thought he'd be a bit boring, but having seen him on the mic and such, he can be pretty funny. I reckon he'll do fine when he's on his own on the big shows, whenever that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, when I first saw Big E, I'd kind of thought he'd be a bit boring, but having seen him on the mic and such, he can be pretty funny. I reckon he'll do fine when he's on his own on the big shows, whenever that is.

they seriously need to change his ring attire though its awful

Advertisement