Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Taggart

• 19-04-2012 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Any Taggart fans out there?

I know this is gonna sound retro,but I think the classic older episodes are far better than the modern version of the programme.

The Alibi channel is currently showing feature length classics late on Tuesday nights,with Taggart and Livingston,and I'm really enjoyin them.

As for the modern version,or the noughties episodes-twas bad enough that they had to ruin Maggie Bell's theme tune by changing it to an awful electro-pop version,but I think the actors-apart from Alex Norton-are useless.I can't stand John Michie-the "pretty-boy" who has developed a flat,robotic,drawn-out way of talking.And then there's the flirty coroner who seems like she is constantly in love with herself(obviously there to attract a larger male audience,but she aint my type i'm afraid).

I only remember as far back as James McPherson "Jardine"(another "pretty-boy").Those were good episodes too,but I really hope they continue to show the older episodes regularly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

Seasan wrote: »
    Any Taggart fans out there?

I know this is gonna sound retro,but I think the classic older episodes are far better than the modern version of the programme.

The Alibi channel is currently showing feature length classics late on Tuesday nights,with Taggart and Livingston,and I'm really enjoyin them.

As for the modern version,or the noughties episodes-twas bad enough that they had to ruin Maggie Bell's theme tune by changing it to an awful electro-pop version,but I think the actors-apart from Alex Norton-are useless.I can't stand John Michie-the "pretty-boy" who has developed a flat,robotic,drawn-out way of talking.And then there's the flirty coroner who seems like she is constantly in love with herself(obviously there to attract a larger male audience,but she aint my type i'm afraid).

I only remember as far back as James McPherson "Jardine"(another "pretty-boy").Those were good episodes too,but I really hope they continue to show the older episodes regularly.

Big fan of it , imo once mark mcmanus died so did Taggart !!! anyway Alibi are showing the retro episodes atm, the early 90s are on tonight

Advertisement