Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW E60 Features Questions

• 02-03-2012 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Before I go looking - can you tell me if the following features came as standard?

- USB port
    - Bluetooth included in iDrive?

Looking at hooking up an iPhone

Thanks,
    Keith.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭ongarite

Neither feature came as standard on E60.

The USB feature came as an extra on the LCI model, USB+AUX (6FL) in the arm rest storage area.
    If you press up on the iDrive controller or press phone symbol on steering wheel, you should be able to tell if they car has BT integrated.

Both features can be added to an E60 pretty easily through a Dension 500 + BT add-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭keith_d99

ongarite wrote: »
    Neither feature came as standard on E60.

The USB feature came as an extra on the LCI model, USB+AUX (6FL) in the arm rest storage area.
    If you press up on the iDrive controller or press phone symbol on steering wheel, you should be able to tell if they car has BT integrated.

Both features can be added to an E60 pretty easily through a Dension 500 + BT add-on.

Thanks ongarite - ah use Dension at the moment in a 3 series. The Dension 500 doesn't come cheap though - €400 on eBay without the BT add-on (extra €90).

Have also seen the Parrot MKi9200 - just wondering if you had looked at that as well or anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭reelkidmusic

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Have also seen the Parrot MKi9200

I have the MKi9100 in my car (Honda Accord) and cannot recommend it highly enough. The only difference between 9100 and 9200 is that the 9200 has a full colour screen with SD Card input.

I'm sure the Parrot kit is great but I was looking for a system with full integration into the iDrive system.
    With a Parrot kit, you won't get your phone contacts & last calls, etc on the iDrive screen.

I'm sure the Parrot kit is great but I was looking for a system with full integration into the iDrive system.
    With a Parrot kit, you won't get your phone contacts & last calls, etc on the iDrive screen.

Is it an iPhone you have ongarite by any chance?
    How does it work with other audio apps beside the iPod app? (Like tunedin radio for example).
    I use the Spotify app so iPod integartion might be wasted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭reelkidmusic

Does the UNIKA system do anything with this or is it just for adapting the steering wheel controls?

I'm using a Galaxy Nexus.
    The factory fitted BT on the E60 is for calls only.

If you want music through BT(A2DP) with track information on the iDrive screen, you'll need the Dension & its BT-addon, which support A2DP

If you want music through BT(A2DP) , you'll need the Dension & its BT-addon, which support A2DP

Bluetooth calls come as standard then on the E60?
    Ah that kills the need for a Parrot Kit then

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Bluetooth calls come as standard then on the E60?
    Ah that kills the need for a Parrot Kit then
    No, factory bluetooth was an optional extra.

If you want music through BT(A2DP) with track information on the iDrive screen, you'll need the Dension & its BT-addon, which support A2DP

Did you have to get a BMW dealer to enable MP3 on diagnostics?

• Advertisement

Did you have to get a BMW dealer to enable MP3 on diagnostics?
    No, the LCI model came with MP3 playback as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,410 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

No, the LCI model came with MP3 playback as standard.

it did? ..never knew that:D ....runs off to test..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd hold out for an E60 with factory fitted Bluetooth and voice activation to be honest. I have it in my E90 and it is a gift. This is one extra I would gladly pay for if I ever bought new.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

bazz26 wrote: »
    I'd hold out for an E60 with factory fitted Bluetooth and voice activation to be honest. I have it in my E90 and it is a gift. This is one extra I would gladly pay for if I ever bought new.

+1
    Alot of the later E60's came with Bluetooth standard or atleast spec'd by the dealer when ordering for their showroom.

Advertisement