Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cydia error message- no ultrasn0w... unlock help?

• 09-04-2010 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

I've installed 3.1.2 firmware in my 3g

Jailbroke it using Redsn0w but Cydia is acting up (stupid error message) and can't d/l ultrasn0w...

Blackra1n isn't working either, something about a missing dll file, so no blacksn0w...

Is there anyway to unlock fone without wifi or internet connection direct on fone (have laptop but no wifi)?

Have looked for a way to d/l ultrasn0w or blacksn0w to laptop without blackra1n or Cydia & transfer over to iPhone using Diskaid but can't find anything except info for doing it with a MAC...

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

oh thanks, yeah I did :(
    Is there any way of rolling that back do you know??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Don't know if this ya problem but worth a go
    http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65308888#post65308888

+1 you're a genius, thanks!!
    Wouldn't mind but I actually commented on that thread lol totally missed it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

iPink wrote: »
    +1 you're a genius, thanks!!
    Wouldn't mind but I actually commented on that thread lol totally missed it:D

So phone sorted now yeah ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

iPink STOP a sec....

You are already jailbroken using redsn0w , no need to use blackra1n , that's just another jailbreak method ? ... You are risking bricking your phone ! And a official restore to 3.1.3 may be on the cards if you get problems.

You just need to install ultrasn0w to unlock .

To use ultrasn0w unlock , you will need to get it from CYDIA so do this first.

1. Launch Cydia on iPhone and add “http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com” as the new repository URL. You can simply tap “Manage” -> “Sources” -> “Edit” -> “Add” to add the repository URL.

2. Then tap “Search” and search for “ultrasn0w” application
    3. Install “ultrasn0w”
    4. Reboot your iPhone 3G after installing ultrasn0w and enjoy!

• Advertisement

iPink wrote: »
    I've installed 3.1.2 firmware in my 3g

Jailbroke it using Redsn0w but Cydia is acting up (stupid error message) and can't d/l ultrasn0w...

Mixenuts- that's EXACTLY the problem... Cydia won't work... getting that annoying message for a while now 'error netdb open nodename or servname provided, or not known'

Done a search for it and it seems to be a common problem with no way of resolving.. wasn't even able to d/l 'appbackup' before trying to restore phone, so will have to re-install everything again manually:eek:

Anyway it's not a problem with Cydia on MY fone cos it was the same thing before and after the restore ie with a wiped-clean fone... seems it's a network problem...

Whatever the reason, I can't d/l ultrasn0w using Cydia and there seems to be no other way... I've done EXTENSIVE research believe me lol

So Blackra1n/blacksn0w looks like it might be the only way out for me as I don't need Cydia for them... the problem was with the new version of iTunes... I have blackra1n installed now but still no blacksn0w.... I need to find a wifi hotspot I can use for that....

So phone sorted now yeah ?

Not quite.. but getting there....

Had already JB with redsn0w, blackra1n didn't like that so after a couple of software refreshes on iTunes and running Blackra1n from the iTunes folder I now have BR on the fone... but no wifi... just have to find a hotspot and then should be able to get Blacksn0w running and all will be well I'm sure... hopefully....:rolleyes:

Advertisement