Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Dead - Online Game

• 23-05-2008 9:37am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

thought some of you might enjoy this.

www.urbandead.com

Its a very low tech text based web game where you can be a zombie or human.

My username is The Faceman101

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I've played it a couple of times but I find nothing much seems to happen, I cant find any items, most buildings are barricaded up and I find it very hard to get ahit on a zombie. I look in on it every so often when i'm bored. Cant remember if my username is c - 13 or c_13 ?

EDIT - Just logged in again there this morning, turns out my username is c13

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Its takes a while to become used to it. I was lucky in i got into an active safe house and someone showed me the ropes. Im at level 25 at the mo, maxed out human abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Try meh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

For all your zombie gaming needs: http://www.zombiegames.net/cat/zombie-action-games.html :)

I recommend both of the 'Last Stand' games

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

started playing urban dead, seems alright so far. anyone on it willing help me out in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Try meh

Great little game! Finished the first one but this is hard as hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Zombie Web game - "Urban Dead"

is awful

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

started playing urban dead, seems alright so far. anyone on it willing help me out in it?

Yeah i can help, what do you want to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Try meh

Thats an awesome game. Was taking my time with it until I copped that I have to get to Union City before the days run out. Made it though. Good game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Just signed up. Username: Deise and I'm a Medic.
    I'll only have time to take a proper look later on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Yeah just finished last stand two there myself, dam that guy's gun with all weapons! Also survivors are pussies! Just because the barricade broke it's no reason to run away!

Enjoying it so far, but I used all my AP a bit quickly. Still though, managed to find a bottle of wine and get tipsy!

Roen wrote: »
    Enjoying it so far, but I used all my AP a bit quickly. Still though, managed to find a bottle of wine and get tipsy!

More than i found, I think I found a fuel can once and that was it. Nothing after.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Joined up, names zero69r...Interesting game indeed

Wooo, found a mobile phone now. Must resist the temptation to 'drink and dial'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

im really getting into the last stand 2.

im using the composite bow and the chainsaw, my two survivors are using a handgun and hunting rifle. 1 town away from safety. woo

Anyone fancy creating a boards.ie group in the Urban Dead? I was going to but I doubt if I'd have the time to commit to admining it. I'm not even sure what's involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

good game but once you get all the skills it gets crazy boring

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Just signed up for Urban Dead. I'm a scout username is Ciaran Murphy

A boards group would be cool... Dont know how often I'd go on it though.Only just started

Right I'm just wondering what sort of system they have running for the attacking system on this game ?

Every day until now i'm lucky if I hit 1 in 5 times when I try to attack something, once I even wasted nearly all my AP attacking something something and didn't hit it once.

This morning I log in and every time I attack something I always hit it ? (Might miss 1 in 4 times). I play as 2 chars, a Zom and a human. It as the same for both of them this morning ?

Neither of them has any increased skills or raised EXP to be worth mentioning, so is there certain times of the day are better to play to increase attack chances or what ?

• Advertisement

i signed up last night, didnt find anything, used all my action points to fight a zombie. came back this morning and im dead, well undead. nyahh.
    *goes to reset account*....or is it worth it?

Well your supposed to hide in a building at night so wandering Zombies cant find you. They cant get into barricaded buildings unless they smach down the barricades first.

As far as I know you have two options -
    Play as the zom and attack other zoms, humans and barricades to raise exp (I'm trying this approach with one character, bit boring)

Alternatively, theres scientists who can revive you to human form. No idea where you'd find them though ?

You could always just set up a second char and play human/zombie like i'm doing.

c - 13 wrote: »
    Well your supposed to hide in a building at night so wandering Zombies cant find you. They cant get into barricaded buildings unless they smach down the barricades first.

As far as I know you have two options -
    Play as the zom and attack other zoms, humans and barricades to raise exp (I'm trying this approach with one character, bit boring)

Alternatively, theres scientists who can revive you to human form. No idea where you'd find them though ?

You could always just set up a second char and play human/zombie like i'm doing.
    im nerinm at the moment, although that could soon change, im asleep in some hotel

My advice is as follows if playing as human:

* Google urban dead map so you know where everything is.
    * Find a police station for sleeping in.
    * keep searching the police station for weapons
    * go out and fight zombies when you have plenty of ammo and AP
    * in your early stages concentrate on upskilling your fighting skills as it will help you get AP easier.

Ive maxed out my human skills so im just building up XP so i can become a zombie and start upskilling a zombie skill.

Ive been playing the game for months. It takes time to build yourself up.

faceman wrote: »
    My advice is as follows if playing as human:

* Google urban dead map so you know where everything is.
    * Find a police station for sleeping in.
    * keep searching the police station for weapons
    * go out and fight zombies when you have plenty of ammo and AP
    * in your early stages concentrate on upskilling your fighting skills as it will help you get AP easier.

Ive maxed out my human skills so im just building up XP so i can become a zombie and start upskilling a zombie skill.

Ive been playing the game for months. It takes time to build yourself up.
    (stupid question probably)
    i thought logically police stations would be where i could find weapons, but theyre all freakin barricaded. how does one enter them

I was looking at this earlier, their wiki suggests you get the "Free Running" skill as soon as you have enough EXP points. This lets you move between all buildings without going outside regardless of how heavily barricaded. This is what i'll be going for !

I'm currently hiding in a NecroTech Building, I believe they're the most likely buildings to get attacked though :/

EDIT - http://map.aypok.co.uk/index.php
    A pretty good map, I had no idea the map was so bloody big !

a zombie just spoke to me!!!1!!
    it said: ?
    then: mr h ?

:eek: this is indeed a troubling universe

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

yeah its fun enough.
    here is the map
    http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Suburb
    Got a human in Wykewood
    had a nice police station to stay in (had like 20 others)
    but the cades are too haigh for me to get in so I am staying in the buildings near it untill I get free running (50 exp so maybe 2 days)

got a zombie up in Dakerstown too, joined the group Extinction, the zombie side seems more fun (everyone running around Dakerstown trying to kill every human they can ;)

if your a zombie you need to get revived (turned into a human)
    from the wiki (looked this up myself on the wiki)

you need to find a NT (necro tech)
    and say the zombie question the them to show you wish to be turned "mrh?" (i think)

so find and NT or wait in a cemetry.

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this to be honest. I'm currently holed up in a hospital, got a couple of first aid kits, couple of syringes, about half enough EXP to get me free running.

Just to updates as well -
    Zombie: ac13
    Human: adamc13

Turns out c13 was an old, old char that i'd used ages ago. Dont know how i even remembered the password to be honest.

Playing as a human is way more interesting than playing as a zombie too.

• Advertisement

c - 13 wrote: »
    I think I'm starting to get the hang of this to be honest. I'm currently holed up in a hospital, got a couple of first aid kits, couple of syringes, about half enough EXP to get me free running.

Just to updates as well -
    Zombie: ac13
    Human: adamc13

Turns out c13 was an old, old char that i'd used ages ago. Dont know how i even remembered the password to be honest.

Playing as a human is way more interesting than playing as a zombie too.
    i havent found anything, im holed up with a loada people in Lamport Walk Police Dept. in Gatcombeton.

nyah.

edit- Nerin is alive!!! someone found my zombie self and revived it. im free!!!

im in a crowded Burden Road Fire Station in Osmondville

Advertisement