Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shimmery eye shadow

• 14-12-2008 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a nice shimmery (! as opposed to sparkly), champagne coloured eye shadow.

From a trip to the States I once brought back the Maybelline Shadow Stylist Eye Shadow in "Elegant pearl"...but I've used it up now and I cannot seem to find it in Ireland. :( It's a loose poweder that comes with a sponge applicator, see here . I used it as a highlighter (eye brows, front part of eyes and top of cheeks), so I'm quite fond of it.

However, there must be something similar that is just as easy - I want a powder consistency though as that goes on quickest.

Any ideas ??

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

All the eyeshadows I know similar to what you've described are US brands that you probably can't get here. But have you considered trying a MAC Mineralize Skinfinish? They're highlighters and very popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

If you're looking for something recession friendly you could try Barry M Dazzle Dust, they're shimmery (more glittery in some shades than other, and huge glitter particles in their glitter dusts) and loose. I think they have shimmery goldy colours, I know I have one but can't think of the number at the mo :( They're about €7 AFAIK, and last forever.

If you're looking for something recession friendly you could try Barry M Dazzle Dust, they're shimmery (more glittery in some shades than other, and huge glitter particles in their glitter dusts) and loose. I think they have shimmery goldy colours, I know I have one but can't think of the number at the mo :( They're about €7 AFAIK, and last forever.

Do you know where to find Barry M in Dublin? I've been wanting to try the Pinkie Gold Sparkle l/s for ages, but can't find their products anywhere!

PillyPen wrote: »
    Do you know where to find Barry M in Dublin? I've been wanting to try the Pinkie Gold Sparkle l/s for ages, but can't find their products anywhere!

Yep, depending on where you are in Dublin though really.
    Generally the bigger Boots stores do them - Jervis Street Shopping Centre in town has them. I know the Boots in The Pavillions in Swords, and the one in Blanchardstown SC do them too. Not sure about Liffey Valley. Dundrum & Grafton St definately don't do them. After that it's trial and error, orrrrr do it online on the Barry M site! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nools

superdrug in santry do barry m.

also smashbox's eyeshadow called "flirt" is amazing. i first got in in sephora but found it in arnotts, its a neurtal pearly sorta shade, i use it with every colour, when doing a smokey black i use the flirt or when doing browns i use flirt

it goes with all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Debenhams also do Barry M. MAC do a nice highlighter eyeshadow called Dazzle Light. I use it on my brow bone and in the corner of my eyes to brighten them up. Also, you could check out some of the pigments MAC have. They are pricey but they last forever as you only need to use a little.

Nools wrote: »
    superdrug in santry do barry m.
    Larianne wrote: »
    Debenhams also do Barry M.

Thanks! :)

OP, NARS also makes a beautiful highlighter called Albatross. Here's a link to a blog post with a swatch (it's the last one). I would like to pick it up myself.

http://lollipop26writes.blogspot.com/2008/12/closer-look-at-loot.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

mac do some lovely shimmery eye shadows but I would recommend 'moon beam' by benefit, it is an actual highlighter... Fantastic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

There's a Superdrug in Santry? *rubs hands* :pac:

Where is it exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kate-rebelchick

meowCat wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a nice shimmery (! as opposed to sparkly), champagne coloured eye shadow.

From a trip to the States I once brought back the Maybelline Shadow Stylist Eye Shadow in "Elegant pearl"...but I've used it up now and I cannot seem to find it in Ireland. :( It's a loose poweder that comes with a sponge applicator, see here . I used it as a highlighter (eye brows, front part of eyes and top of cheeks), so I'm quite fond of it.

However, there must be something similar that is just as easy - I want a powder consistency though as that goes on quickest.

Any ideas ??

Cheers

im a make up artist i love the mac nylon frost its a gold cream shimmer can be used as a highlighter aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Boots in Stephens Green got Barry M in recently!

Cathooo wrote: »
    Boots in Stephens Green got Barry M in recently!

Yay, that's close! Whereabouts is the Boots in Stephens Green?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

PillyPen wrote: »
    Yay, that's close! Whereabouts is the Boots in Stephens Green?

In the shopping centre, 2nd floor, down between Dunnes and Argos! I love that Boots, it's a nice size!

missmatty wrote: »
    There's a Superdrug in Santry? *rubs hands* :pac:

Where is it exactly?

AFAIK, there is one in the newer bit of the Omni SC, nearish to the door!

Cathooo wrote: »
    In the shopping centre, 2nd floor, down between Dunnes and Argos! I love that Boots, it's a nice size!

YAY!! Thank you!!! That's where I'll be tomorrow, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Hi, thanks for all the answers. Seems really hard to find that kinda stuff. The moon beam from Benefit is silverish, looks awful on me. They have another one and that's rather pink, not good either. I loved the champagne coloured one...but it's empty now.
    :(
    Isn't there anyone going to the States and could get another stach of them back?? :D

meowCat wrote: »
    Isn't there anyone going to the States and could get another stach of them back?? :D

I have a bunch of girlfriends who just went home for the holidays. I could ask them to bring some back. No guarantees that they'll be able to find it though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tattooannie

im a make up artist i love the mac nylon frost its a gold cream shimmer can be used as a highlighter aswell

MAC Nylon is BY FAR AND AWAY the best shimmer. try it and you'll never look back, I promise! Way better than any other brand and Ive used loads...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

thanks....I'll check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭mizzzy

moonbeam or highbeam by benefit are the best highlighters...

try mac for eyesshadows...the pigment ones are fantastic...and they have new ones that are super!also the iridescent powder in the compact-belightful-fab:p!

i have a fantastic loose powder from make up forever...im not sure of the name..have it ages and works a treat!

• Advertisement
Advertisement